Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Hoffman couldn't hear, White didn't hear, Murphy heard.  (Read 18067 times)

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: Hoffman couldn't hear, White didn't hear, Murphy did hear.
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:32 AM »
Advertisement
Here we can see Officer Murphy again in Robin Unger's Bell 109/208 freeze frame of Bell's footage.
This time Murphy is at the western barrier of the overpass.
He was at the eastern barrier, saw JFK & Co pass underneath, & he dashed over to the western barrier for another look.
He probly took say 7 sec to cross 3 wide lanes plus 2 wide breakdown lanes  (today it is 7 narrow lanes with no breakdown lanes).
So, at the time of the footage JFK has passed the railroad overpass & is entering Stemmons Freeway.
Thats why Murphy looks thin, he is standing facing to our right, looking towards JFK & Co a long ways away north, & we see him side-on.
Hoffman in his Falcon is a few seconds short of stopping & getting out to join the gawker at the western barrier. 
Hoffman didn see no hole in JFK's head. 
Hoffman didn see 2 guys playing toss the rifle.

Its elementary.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 11:59:38 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:32 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 12:52:16 AM »
The red arrow is where Officer Murphy crossed Stemmons from east to west, in Bell's footage.
The distance tween Hoffman's Lookout & Murphy when on the western side is now only 33 yd.
But Hoffman says that Hoffman ran north (from Hoffman's Lookout) towards Officer Brown on duty high up on the railroad overpass 100 yd away.
Why didnt he run to the 6 or so Officers below the railroad overpass at road level blocking traffic.
And what about Officer Murphy now only 33 yd south of Hoffman's Lookout & now on the same (western) side of Stemmons.
Hoffman was definitely on the Stemmons overpass on that day, & he must have been aware of all of the police present, yet in later years he forgets & comes up with a silly story.
Hoffman was definitely soft in the head. Its elementary.

As can be seen Officer Murphy while at the eastern barrier had a good view of the paling fence & carpark.
And he was a little closer to the carpark than Hoffman Lookout (which is on the western side of 5 lanes)(now 7).
Murphy was 196 yd from the fence, Hoffman's Lookout 217 yd, ie 21 yd further.
And the large overhead signage that partly blocked Murphy's view of the triple overpass didn't affect Murphy's view of the fence & carpark.
I didn't draw Murphy's sight-line to the paling fence on the aerial, but it passes well clear north of the large concrete pillar at the north west end of the triple underpass.
So, if Hoffman saw 2 guys playing toss the rifle then Murphy would have seen them too.

And the 3 guys that we see in some of the pix in this thread standing against the
north eastern concrete splayed retaining wall of the triple overpass would have seen too, the wall meets
the paling fence at about 45 deg, hence the 3 could see well into the carpark, & the 3 were only 12 yd from the fence.
And when the tossee walked out to the cabinet & disassembled the rifle everybody on the triple underpass would have seen.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 01:10:27 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 03:56:06 AM »
Here we see Officer Murphy at the eastern barrier.
He dashed to the western barrier after JFK passed under him (view of barrier is blocked by that slowly moving van/truck).

Murphy at the time of this freeze frame is standing on his 3-wheeler (did he have a 3-wheeler), hence he is visible above the signage.

The gawker sitting on the western barrier can be seen waiting.
If Hoffman is to be believed then that gawker might be Hoffman (but it aint). Anyhow, that gawker is about 20 yd south of Hoffman's Lookout (the Lookout is where Hoffman says that Hoffman was sitting).
Hoffman & a passenger are i reckon approaching in that Falcon.
In a couple of seconds we know that Mr Passenger will see JFK exit the triple overpass, that is why he jumped out before the Falcon stopped rolling.
And, Hoffman pulled up a long way short of the end of the queue (the queue is somewhere ahead)(hidden by trees), because his passenger yelled out asking him to stop.
Koz his passenger could see that when JFK & Co were exiting the triple overpass, lights were flashing, sirens were blaring.
I mean in effect yelled out, koz Hoffman was deaf (but he twernt dumb or mute)(according to one of his workmates).
Its all elementary.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:54:29 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 03:56:06 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 05:33:53 AM »
After JFK & Co had passed, we can see that a number of queuers walked up to learn about what happened.
The walking queuers are shown by arrows. Some would have heard the shots.   
Did Hoffman ever mention that he was surrounded by fellow gawkians.  I recall that he said he was alone. 
He said that he was puzzled that no-one else had chosen his ideal vantage point.

Hoffman is i reckon driving that Falcon (see arrow), & it is still slowly rolling, & will stop in a car length,
& then Hoffman will join the gawker at the western barrier (see arrow),  & JFK & Co will by then be on Stemmons 200 yd north.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:59:00 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »
A nice view. There were 3 car lanes northbound, & 2 breakdown lanes, so the left lane was a breakdown lane just like Hoffman said.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 04:40:08 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 09:24:26 AM »
Mr. BALL. You are a patrolman, are you?
Mr. MURPHY. That's right
Mr. BALL. Do you have a three-wheeler?
Mr. MURPHY. A three-wheeler - yes.

Mr. BALL. On November 22, 1963, did they assign you to some post?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, I was assigned to the overpass - the Stemmons Freeway overpass northbound at Elm Street - over Elm.
Mr. BALL. What instructions did you have?
Mr. MURPHY. It was to keep anyone and everyone off of the overpass and to keep traffic moving until the motorcade arrived.
Mr. BALL. Now, you have a map here which you have drawn for us to show your position, Is that right? (Reporter marked instrument - Murphy Exhibit A, for identification)
Mr. MURPHY. Yes; that's right.
Mr. BALL. And you have drawn a position there as to where you were standing, is that right?
Mr. MURPHY. That's right.
Mr. BALL. And where you parked your three-wheeler?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. All right, mark the place where you were standing as Position 1, using an "X".
Mr. MURPHY. All right. (Witness Murphy marked the diagram as requested by Counsel Ball.)
Mr. BALL. And your three-wheeler was beside you?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes; right on the shoulder.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:09:44 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 09:49:34 AM »
Larry Sneed -- No More Silence: An Oral History of the Assassination of President Kennedy

JOE MURPHY Traffic Division Dallas Police Department "] could see that something was wrong in the car as it got nearer to my position because the
President's wife was leaning over toward President Kennedy, and as ] was standing right above them, ] heard someone say, "Get us to the nearest hospital!"
Born and raised in Dallas, Joe Murphy was offered a contract to play baseball in the Chicago White Sox organization. After playing a year at Midland in the
West Texas-Mexican League and later for a semi-pro team in Baytown, Texas, he returned to Dallas and upon the advise of an uncle,
joined the Dallas Police Department in 1942. Interrupted by service in the Army during World War II, Murphy returned to the police department in 1946
 where he served most of his career in the Traffic Division. He is reputed to have given the most traffic tickets in the history of the Dallas Police Department.

I was assigned on the Stemmons Freeway over Elm Street about 150 yards from the School Book Depository. My job was to keep traffic moving and
not to allow anybody to stop on the bridge or park their car anywhere on the shoulders
so that they could watch the motorcade from the bridge.

I was facing west by the way the motorcade was traveling, and it was to go up the service road to my right and onto the freeway.
Several motor jockeys and other officers were there to stop traffic completely when the motorcade was to pass.
That was the only time that traffic was allowed to stop on the freeway.
Many of the officers were north of the overpass as much as a quarter of a mile from the overpass where the Elm Street entrance entered the freeway.
Others were just riding the area stopping with messages they had for me. We were all channeled to listen for any information from the office or from the dispatcher.

Prior to the arrival of the motorcade I saw some men walking up on the Triple Underpass. Based on how they were dressed, I assumed they were railroad people.
There was also at least one officer there as well.
I could see the motorcade when it came down Main and turned right onto Houston and over to Elm.
But there were some trees that obscured my view at Elm and Houston, so I lost sight of it for a moment or two.
As it approached my position,I heard the shots and a flock of pigeons took off flying in circles.
I couldn't tell where the noise was coming from due to the reverberations. In fact, I didn't realize they were shots at first.
But I did hear three, what were later defined as shots, and they were about evenly spaced.

I could see that something was wrong in the car as it got nearer to my position because the President's wife was leaning over toward President Kennedy,
and as I was standing right above them, I heard someone say, "Get us to the nearest hospital!"
I waited to hear something on the radio and had difficulty hearing due to all the noise.
By that time, traffic had been reopened north on Stemmons so the noise factor had increased.

I wasn't able to tell much about what was going on in Dealey Plaza.
I saw a number of people on the ground, then some began to move back up toward the hill. Most were headed toward the intersection at Elm and Houston.
I didn't see anybody below me or in that grassy area. I've heard so many tales about that grassy area,
but I don't recall seeing anybody over there either running or walking.

After the shooting, the order was given for all us three-wheelers to come to the School Book Depository.
We were told that some people were supposed to have been running behind the building. So we circled the area looking for anything and yet nothing in particular.
I remember talking with several people just to see if they had seen anything, but there was nothing of any value that I recall that concerned the shooting.
I wasn't involved in anything further in the investigation. My usual hours were 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M., but they held us over late that afternoon. I had..........
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:54:27 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 09:49:34 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 04:58:11 AM »
Ok, we have a problem.  There is a possible glitch in my theory.
Murphy is trying to dash across Stemmons at the same time & place that Hoffman is slowly motoring his Falcon into history. 
Did Murphy cross first, or did Hoffman (& passenger) pass throo first, or did they collide?
The aerial shows the problem.  JFK is entering the triple underpass when the Falcon is at the start.
And Murphy is at that exact moment climbing up to stand higher in the trunk of his 3-wheeler.
Murphy wont start his dash until JFK has passed under him, his dash covers 24 yd.
Did Murphy cross first?
JFK & Co are accelerating, the underpass is 40 yd wide, the overpass is 24 yd wide, dist tween is 147 yd.
The Falcon is going slow & getting slower, & stops where shown, about 67 yd.
I have drawn the Falcon's traject in lane-3, but it could have been in lane-2 or lane-4, lane-1 & lane-5 are breakdown lanes.
Mr Passenger is all the while looking down on JFK & Co, at least he is once JFK has exited the underpass.
Murphy shortly realizes that he can't see JFK when JFK is exiting the underpass koz by standing high in the trunk the signage is now
blocking his view of JFK under the signage & he quickly jumps down onto the tarmac again.
Hoffman sees Murphy's gymnastics, his passenger yells that there is something wrong in the motorcade.
Mr Passenger hears the sirens & sees the flashing lights.
Hoffman yells back that its no good yelling at him koz he is deaf!
Mr Passenger yells back then how did Hoffman know that he was yelling!
JFK passes under Murphy & Murphy spins around to start his dash.
Hoffman sees Murphy take a step towards Hoffman's lane.
Murphy sees the Falcon & his eyes meet Hoffman's eyes.
Who blinks first?
Did Hoffman hit the brakes, or did he hit the accelerator?
Did he hit Murphy?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 05:16:49 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »