Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Et tu, Bonnie?  (Read 53802 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Et tu, Bonnie?
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2021, 01:26:58 AM »
Advertisement
"...no matter how much one wants to fantasize about the bag being built for a 27" mystery object."

I assume your referring to the analysis of the construction of the bag I put forward a while back.
If you disagree with the analysis have the decency to say why you disagree with it rather than infer I'm a fantasist.
Just to clarify - I'm not saying the bag did carry an object 27" or less in length. I'm saying the bag was specifically constructed to do that. There's a difference.

There's a difference to guessing at a photograph and laying hands on the actual bag. And it ain't no fantasy to realize that a Carcano busted-down to 34.8" will fit into a 38" bag with 3" to spare

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2021, 01:26:58 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »
There's a difference to guessing at a photograph and laying hands on the actual bag. And it ain't no fantasy to realize that a Carcano busted-down to 34.8" will fit into a 38" bag with 3" to spare

and laying hands on the actual bag

What actual bag? The one you can't put in Owald's hand and only assume it was the one he carried?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2021, 01:58:02 AM »
"...his sudden departure from it four months later amid his Warren Commission testimony."

There was no sudden departure four months later.
Williams changed his tune the next day after his affidavit on the 22nd.
In a FBI interview on the 23rd he admits he went up to the 6th floor to have lunch.

Using 'admits' to describe what BWR said on his affidavit is overkill since affidavits are not Q&A and really just shorthand compared to full testimony.

'Added to' is fair to BWR. 'Admits' is what dishonest CTers use for 'stated' to continue their reason for being here which is to make everything appear sinister (ie to create doubt)

BWR had fck all to hide

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2021, 01:58:02 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2021, 02:05:21 AM »
and laying hands on the actual bag

What actual bag? The one you can't put in Owald's hand and only assume it was the one he carried?

Um... the actual bag in the photograph Dan was using for his analysis.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2021, 02:53:52 AM »
Using 'admits' to describe what BWR said on his affidavit is overkill since affidavits are not Q&A and really just shorthand compared to full testimony.

'Added to' is fair to BWR. 'Admits' is what dishonest CTers use for 'stated' to continue their reason for being here which is to make everything appear sinister (ie to create doubt)

BWR had fck all to hide

In the affidavit you posted Williams states:

"We rode the elevator to the 1st floor and got our lunches. I went back to the fifth floor with a fellow called Hank and Junior..."

This is an explicit lie.
He did not go back to the fifth floor with Norman and Jarman. And he knows he didn't.
It is a lie.
The next day he admits that he got his lunch and went up to the 6th floor.
The reason he "admits" it is because he lied about what he did in his affidavit.
He has changed his lie. He has admitted the truth.
"Admits" is not overkill. It's the correct word to use.

I get the impression you have a specific view of CTers and, to a very large extent, I believe we share a similar view.
I find the the people who are talking the most sense on this forum are usually LNers.

But there are lots of little things that bug me and Williams lying on his affidavit is one of them. Not to mention other people I believe are lying who all seemed to be have been on the 6th floor that morning.
Their lies are recorded in their statements, interviews and testimonies.

Williams was on the 6th floor for a long time. His lying has something to do with what happened while he was up there (IMO)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:55:40 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2021, 02:53:52 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2021, 04:51:21 AM »

"We rode the elevator to the 1st floor and got our lunches. I went back to the fifth floor with a fellow called Hank and Junior..."

This is an explicit lie.
He did not go back to the fifth floor with Norman and Jarman. And he knows he didn't.
It is a lie.
The reason he "admits" it is because he lied about what he did in his affidavit.

I get the impression you have a specific view of CTers and, to a very large extent, I believe we share a similar view.
I find the the people who are talking the most sense on this forum are usually LNers.

But there are lots of little things that bug me and Williams lying on his affidavit is one of them. Not to mention other people I believe are lying who all seemed to be have been on the 6th floor that morning.

Williams was on the 6th floor for a long time. His lying has something to do with what happened while he was up there (IMO)

Williams knew the following when his affidavit was taken.

1. The shots were fired from above.
2. Oswald was in custody and a suspect in the assassination. Not necessarily a shooter at that point.

He was taken from the TSBD between 1.30 and 2pm. It is doubtful at that time he was aware his his chicken lunch was found or from which window the shots were fired. By 3pm the lunch was associated with the assassin, this was widely reported in the media in the following days.

By Saturday he would realise the bag and bottle would be fingerprinted so events in his original affidavit were changed to include a brief visit to the sixth floor about noon. Just a few minutes before visiting his workmates on the fifth floor. His "story" would continue to evolve until his appearance before the WC. Just days after Ball and Belin conducted various timelines and re-enactments a few days before in Dallas. Importantly Jarman and Norman would alter their previous statements and now remember, four months after the event, that he was not on the elevator with them on the way to the fifth floor.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 04:57:32 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2021, 05:01:18 AM »

This is an explicit lie.
It is a lie.

Did BRW volunteer the changes unprovoked? Makes a difference.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:05:46 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2021, 05:01:18 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2021, 07:10:33 AM »
Williams knew the following when his affidavit was taken.

1. The shots were fired from above.
2. Oswald was in custody and a suspect in the assassination. Not necessarily a shooter at that point.

He was taken from the TSBD between 1.30 and 2pm. It is doubtful at that time he was aware his his chicken lunch was found or from which window the shots were fired. By 3pm the lunch was associated with the assassin, this was widely reported in the media in the following days.

By Saturday he would realise the bag and bottle would be fingerprinted so events in his original affidavit were changed to include a brief visit to the sixth floor about noon. Just a few minutes before visiting his workmates on the fifth floor. His "story" would continue to evolve until his appearance before the WC. Just days after Ball and Belin conducted various timelines and re-enactments a few days before in Dallas. Importantly Jarman and Norman would alter their previous statements and now remember, four months after the event, that he was not on the elevator with them on the way to the fifth floor.

Also Williams' Saturday FBI statement would preclude the later claim by Givens that he took the east elevator after 12 to get cigarettes and saw Oswald.