Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Story of 399  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

Re: Story of 399
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 05:01:36 AM »
Advertisement
Guilty!

Major goof by me; unforced error.

Of  course I did not mean the pristine exhibit 399, I meant the frame 313 bullet.

This is from memory: the nose and tail of the bullet that hit JFK in the head were recovered from the limousine, while the middle section sheered off and got stuck on the exterior of the cranium. It seems unlikely, but the fragment can be seen, as I am told, on the X-Rays.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 05:01:36 AM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 09:47:21 PM »
On his website, Pat Speer relates an anecdotal story about a Parkland nurse who complains about the amount of people leaving bullets lying around. No way CE 399 had anything to do with the shooting IMO.
The twofer shatters on JBC's wrist.
From the WC: "Based on a comparison with test bullets fired from the C2766 rifle, the stretcher bullet and both bullet fragments were identified as having been fired from the C2766 rifle."

Do you think the bullet was fired from the rifle at another time? And found its way to Parkland at that time? But only discovered the day of the assassination?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 09:55:52 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 11:06:40 PM »
From the WC: "Based on a comparison with test bullets fired from the C2766 rifle, the stretcher bullet and both bullet fragments were identified as having been fired from the C2766 rifle."

Do you think the bullet was fired from the rifle at another time? And found its way to Parkland at that time? But only discovered the day of the assassination?

What makes you think;

- that the stretcher bullet is the same one as the bullet now in evidence as CE399?
- that the bullet now in evidence as CE399 was ever at Parkland Hospital?
- that the bullet fragments were actually recovered from the limo?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 11:06:40 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 11:23:41 PM »
What makes you think;

- that the stretcher bullet is the same one as the bullet now in evidence as CE399?
- that the bullet now in evidence as CE399 was ever at Parkland Hospital?
- that the bullet fragments were actually recovered from the limo?

I would add these:

- that CE399 ever went through JFK or Connally?
- that CE399 was ever in Dealey Plaza

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 01:58:05 AM »
I would add these:

- that CE399 ever went through JFK or Connally?
- that CE399 was ever in Dealey Plaza

CE 399 is irrelevant....  The mannlicher carcano was not even fired that day......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 01:58:05 AM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »
From Hugh Aynesworth's account in his book "Eyewitness to History." Aynesworth was on Houston Street during the shooting and immediately rushed over to the TSBD to investigate.

Aynesworth: "I saw Brennan talking to two officers and tried to poke my nose into their conversation. "I saw him up there in the window," I heard him say as he pointed toward Oswald's sniper's nest. "No doubt he was the one. He wasn't even in much of a hurry."

One cop asked if Brennan could describe the shooter. "Of course", he answered, "I saw him real good."

Remember that at that time people were rushing to the grassy knoll and the overpass. But Brennan was telling the police otherwise.

So did Brennan get lucky when they found evidence for a shooter in the window? And when others said they saw someone in the window with a rifle? Or a rifle being pulled back?

Clearly he saw something. He wasn't making things up.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 10:36:05 PM »
"Oswald's sniper's nest".  LOL.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 10:36:05 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 05:35:20 AM »
From Hugh Aynesworth's account in his book  "I saw Brennan talking to two officers and tried to poke my nose into their conversation. "I saw him up there in the window," I heard him say as he pointed toward Oswald's sniper's nest. "No doubt he was the one. He wasn't even in much of a hurry."
If Brennan's shooter-- "wasn't even much of a hurry"..where did he go? Oswald who wasn't in much of a hurry either was seen by Roy Truly and Patrolman Baker in the second floor lunchroom less then 2 minutes after the shots according to their testimony.
Oswald's sniper's nest
A flunky statement from a not much of an investigative reporter.