Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's shot-1 ricochet was at Z113 or Z105.  (Read 32866 times)

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: Oswald's shot-1 was at Z113.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 06:53:32 AM »
Advertisement
Victoria Adams heard Oswald's shot-1
either before her view of JFK was obstructed by a tree, or after, her wording is ambiguous.  If Adams heard the shot after JFK was obstructed then that would be at say Zapruder frame Z123 or later, ie at least 10 frames later than what we know to be the actual position of JFK at the time of Oswald's shot-1, ie Z113.  My understanding of her wordage tells me that she heard the shot before her view of JFK was obstructed, which accords with Z113 being the time &place of the shot.

Mr. BELIN - From the east side, were you standing in the third pair, of either of those windows?
Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - Now, of that third pair, from the east side, would it have been the east window or the west window?
Miss ADAMS - The west window.
Mr. BELIN - So another way, if you don't count in pairs, but count in single units from the east side, you would have been in the sixth window from your left as you were facing out the window, is that correct?
Miss ADAMS - That's right.
Mr. BELIN - Were you standing with anyone
Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - With whom?
Miss ADAMS - I was standing with Sandra Styles, Elsie Dorman, and Dorothy May Garner.
Mr. BELIN - Will you state what you saw, what you did, and what you heard?
Miss ADAMS - I watched the motorcade come down Main, as it turned from Main onto Houston, and watched it proceed around the corner on Elm, and apparently somebody in the crowd called to the late President, because he and his wife both turned abruptly and faced the building, so we had a very good view of both of them.
Mr. BELIN - Where was their car as you got .this good view, had it come directly opposite your window? Had it come to that point on Elm, or not, if you can remember
Miss ADAMS - I believe it was prior, just a second or so prior to that.
Mr. BELIN - All right.
Miss ADAMS - And from our vantage point we were able to see what the President's wife was wearing, the roses in the car, and things that would attract men's attention.
Then we heard --- then we were obstructed from the view.
Mr. BELIN - By what?
Miss ADAMS - A tree. and we heard a shot, and it was a pause, and then a second shot, and then a third shot.
It sounded like a firecracker or a cannon at a football game, it seemed as if it came from the right below rather than from the left above. Possibly because of the report. And after the third shot, following that, the third shot, I went to the back of the building down the back stairs, and encountered Bill Shelley and Bill Lovelady on the first floor on the way out to the Houston Street dock.

The pix shows the traject of the slug from Oswald to the signal arm & then to JFK.
And it shows the window where Adams was watching (with Dorman & others), & we see the tree.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:03:13 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 06:53:32 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 07:27:49 AM »
Here is a pix showing JFK's view back to Oswald at the place of shot-1, ie at Z113.
And it shows the window where Adams was watching.

Here is a pix where the tree would be obstructing Adams' view of JFK.  Here JFK would be at about Z123, ie say 10 frames & 10ft past Z113.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:29:23 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 07:38:32 AM »
Two more pix of the signals.
The slug probly ricocheted off the westernmost side of the westernmost guy rod, the rod might be 3/4" or 1", probly steel pipe but might be solid steel. The slug must have hit very near the collar, hence it could not have hit the large pipe koz then it would have been stopped by the westernmost guy rod.  And the slug could not have hit the easternmost guy rod koz then it would have been stopped by the big pipe.  Drawings or photos of the view from Oswald's window must if they are correct show the collar on a line to the left of the centerline of jfk's neck/head/body, however most films photos drawings show the collar too far right, or they show the collar in the correct location but show jfk too far left.  No, the collar was inches left of jfk. The slug hit a few inches down from the collar.  The slug hit the westernmost guy rod at about where the guy has his hand.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:49:21 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 07:38:32 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »
Here is a composite of some of Dorman's frames put together by (i will find name).  As can be seen Dorman didn’t aim properly when JFK was under the signals.  She said that she wasn’t using the viewfinder because she wanted to see Jackie properly.  The arrow shows JFK's pozzy at Z113 T138.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 11:15:30 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 11:16:15 PM »
Here is a blow up of T142, showing JFK raising his hand to his head after being hit at about T138 (ie he was hit at Z113).  There were reports that jfk raised his right hand to his head after the first shot. He was looking right hence the lead fragments must have hit him mainly high on the rhs (i havent checked the xrays).  Skeptics will say that he is merely waving.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:54:51 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 11:16:15 PM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 11:17:21 PM »
A star shows Oswald's aim on JFK sitting in the small limo used for the Secret Service reconstruction in Dec 1963.  The limo & jfk are actually a couple of clicks too far along the road, the star should be aligned with the guy rod of the support arm, koz that would have been Oswald's unlucky aim. Small bits of lead hit JFK in the back of the head (star), & the remnant slug put a hole in the floor tween the jump seats (star).  The star on the top of the windshield is where the windshield was cracked by the remnant slug of Hickey's shot-1 at Z313, ie after the slug had exited jfk's head.  And that star also shows approx here Hickey's shot-2 put a dent in the chrome trim above & to the right of the mirror [EDIT 19dec2022][in my later postings in my other threads i realized that the dent in the chrome trim was due to Hickey's 2nd last shot not 2nd shot of his accidental auto burst of 4 or more shots of his AR15].  As can be seen Oswald's shot-1 could not have caused the crack because the fragments would have a  traject nearly parallel to the glass.  Unless of course the fragment ricocheted off something first, which didn’t happen.  And we all know that the dent was not due to Oswald's shot-1 because the dent was obviously made by a full whole bullet, not by a smallish copper fragment.
U might be able to see the hole in the lower right hand corner of the signal backboard, we know that this is a gap arising from the design & manufacture, it is not a bullet hole. Anyhow the backboard passes too far left of jfk to have been the source of the ricochet. It would get in the way of a shot if the limo were partly in the lefthand lane.

[edit][here is some wordage by Christopher that i found today 5th May 2021.]
https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2007/03/11-seconds-in-d.html

Christopher
I was an electrician's apprentice charged with changing out the traffic signals in 2004, when Dallas went from 8" light bulb to 12" LED. The one signal I never Ebay'd or sold for scrap is the one from the mast arm over Elm. By most accounts, it looks similar to the ones depicted in the pictures I see; and from what I can tell, it's a roughly 1947 model signal. I'm looking at it right now, and while I don't see any dents that appear bullet-like, I can tell you that the rectangular tin frame around the signal was installed slightly crooked, which allows more light to come through on the bottom-right corner (closest to the depository). This might explain why some thought there was bullet-damage on the light itself, as opposed to the mast arm. Had I read this a decade ago, I'd have checked that arm for ya ;^).
Posted by: Christopher | 12 September 2013 at 02:25 AM

« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 11:58:35 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 11:19:21 PM »
Bullet hole in floor of JFK limo, found during modifications in Dec 1963, & hushed up.  Notice that the hole is not round, it has been made by the remnant slug after ricocheting off the signal arm.  The copper full metal jacket broke in two as usual during the ricochet because it is made in two sections, & these were found in the limo (CE567 CE569).  This pix is not in Robin Unger's gallery, but he does know of the pix.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:45:33 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 11:19:21 PM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 12:10:58 AM »
I forget who drew this (might have been Myers). Its brilliant.  I don’t know whether it was meant to show JFK at Oswald's shot-1 at Z113  T138.  By my reckoning based on the pozzy of the white painted stripe on the south side of the limo i reckon that the limo etc is drawn one click before the shot hit, it is drawn at Z112  T137.  By my reckoning Nellie Connally was level with the end of the painted stripe when Oswald's shot-1 hit (ricocheted off) the signal arm, & the drawing has Nellie one click short.  Oswald shot at Z112, the slug hit at Z113, & the sound hit at Z114, if u want to get technical.
And it correctly shows that the limo didn’t go wide during the turn.  Brilliant.