Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bronson saw Hickey shoot JFK.  (Read 14482 times)

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

Bronson saw Hickey shoot JFK.
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:21:39 PM »
Advertisement

I downloaded 15 frames of Bronson's footage from the link below (Robin Unger's photo gallery).
Robin shows 20 frames in that Bronson sequence, but we now know that Robin missed 6 frames, the Museum's scans show 26 frames in that sequence.
Robin i think got his 20 frames by making screenprints of the Museum's film on their youtube site, & their (hi-res) youtube has now been deleted. But we can watch (low-res) footage on the Museum's website.
https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=15

I cropped & enlarged the 15 frames to show just Queen Mary (with Hickey sitting-standing in the left rear seat).  I loaded the frames into their own folder in my computer, & i opened the pix using Microsoft Office.  Then when i pressed my left or right arrow button the 15 frames would cycle as if they were a film, backwards or forwards, albeit much faster than the original speed (how can i slow it down?). [Ok i slowed my key settings & now the "footage" runs at a perfect slowish fps, nothing can stop me now].

The frames are named  4 to 18 (does the Bronson footage have an official numbering?).  But to get them to play in proper sequence in Microsoft Office i found that i had to name them starting with  18-12 & ending with  4-13, where the leading number say 18 is artificial & the second number say 12 is the true number of the frame.  Hence the name sequence started with 18-12 followed by 17-11 then 16-10 …….. then 10-4 then 9-18 …….  & finishing with  4-13.

U might not need that silly naming sequence if u open the pix in some other program, but then u might find that the frames cycle ok but they dont stop at 18, they just keep going & going, which aint good neither.

So what i had was a close-up pseudo-version of Bronson's footage, showing just Queen Mary.  This wasn’t very useful because it was so blurry etc.

So nextly i cropped the frames so that Queen Mary appeared perfectly stationary, & the spectators whizzed past.  This worked much better, now u could actually see something happening in an intelligible way. I said "perfectly stationary", but its rough, & i am too lazy to improve it (praps later).

When i say stationary, Queen Mary is stationary in the horizontal sense, but u will notice that Queen Mary sinks slowly in the vertical sense as it goes along, because Elm Street falls, or more correctly because Bronson didn’t pan proper.  I could have cropped to negate this gradual sinkage, but i didn’t, because i knew that later i would need to measure vertical elevations (are there any other kind?) off each frame, & the easiest way of doing that was to have a fixed vertical reference (more about that later).

So, this pseudo-film of Queen Mary was an interesting exercise, but up to now it hasn’t yielded any useful info, too blurry, Hickey hidden by spectators, etc. 

So, i had to examine & measure each frame individually to make any sense of it all, ie to see what Hickey did or didn’t do when JFK was shot at Z313.  And it worked.  More later.
It was rotten luck, he was just doing his job.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOjmTDfy0n8OAmLmcAl30M0BbQ-uGLMxMAowSmZ
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JCxBiTX8WyuG77wu9
https://sites.google.com/view/bronsonfilmframes/home
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:04:50 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: February 22, 2021, 10:21:39 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Bronson saw Hickey shoot JFK.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 12:52:19 AM »
You really don't need to keep opening new threads for this same topic.

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 01:13:16 AM »
You really don't need to keep opening new threads for this same topic.
Yes the existing threads re Hickey are not huge, & they do already contain some very good comments & info, which i dont want to ignore, but, i have lots & lots to cover, re different aspects, in the next few days, & these different aspects do not automatically jump out for everyone doing a search unless they know exactly what they dont know. And 50 page threads are ugly & very user unfriendly.

I dont think that i will disappoint. Actually i am mainly interested in Oswald shot-1, & Hickey shot-123 (if it was a burst), & i dont have much interest in Oswald shot-2, or what happened on some other day, or what happened outside Dealey Plaza, or re silly conspiracies (they are all silly)(except for the Hickey cover-up of course). And then having solved these 2 questions in my mind i will go away. 

Actually i am allso interested in what Oswald's escape plan was, did it involve a safe house, did it involve doing a robbery & getting to Mexico, was there a plane waiting at the airport. But i dont expect to post on any of that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:06:45 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 01:13:16 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 02:22:50 AM »
Bronson frame 20-50 is too blurry to be of any use. 
When measuring the good 19 frames i noticed that 6 frames were missing. 
The skipped or missing frames were found by measuring the horizontal distances moved by the lamp-pole & sign post relative to Queen Mary. 
I found  5 frames where the distance moved from the previous frame (ie the gap) was double or triple the usual. 
My measurements were in mm, measured on the glass face of my computer monitor,  each mm vertically is about 0.91" on the car,  & the horizontal scale might be similar (too lazy to check today).

…... dist mm …. gap.
01 …… 000 ……. 000.
2a …… 012 ……. 012.
02 …… 025 ……. 013.
03 …… 038 ……. 013.
04 …… 049 ….… 010.
05 …… 061 ……. 012.
6a ..… (072) …. (011).
06 …… 083 ……. 011.
07 ….. 094.5 …. 011.5.
8a ….. (105) …. (010.5).
08 …… 115.5 … 010.
09 …… 123.5 … 008.
10 …... 135 …… 011.5.
11 …… 145 ……. 010.
12a … (153) … (008).
12 ..… 162 …... 009.
13 …… 170 ……. 008.
14 …… 176.5 … 006.5.
15a …. (184) … (007.5).
15b … (192) …. (008).
15 …… 201 ……. 009.
16 …… 210 ……. 009.
17 …… 221 ……. 011.
18 …… 229 ……. 008.
19 …… 235 ……. 006.
20 is too blurry to be of any use.

I inserted the dummy frames for the missing frames because that info might affect some future calculations. 
The frame rate they say is 12 fps. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:08:04 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:03:51 PM »
I couldn’t find any definitive proof re which Bronson frame equals Z313 (the fatal shot).
I tried to work it out for myself but its difficult because Bronson's footage doesn't show JFK's head exploding i think.  However i could see that Nix592 equalled Z313.  Actually later i found that Robin Unger's website says that N022 equals Z312 & N023 equals Z313 (their Nix numbering is different). 

Nix was standing near Bronson, so it wasn’t difficult for me to then link Bronson to Nix.   
I estimated that N592 (N023) equals UYB09.   
I will now name the 20 Unger frames starting with UYB01 & ending with UYB20.
The U stands for Unger. The Y stands for youtube (koz i think that this is where he got his printscreen scans of his frames). The B stands for Bronson.
I still haven’t figured out whether its exactly UYB09 or a fraction towards UYB10 or UYB08, this would depend on whether Nix was standing a bit left (west) of Bronson or a bit right (east), i don’t know which is true.

Actually i didn’t work out which Bronson equals Z313 until the end of my little investigation, because i was well aware that if i worked it out early on then it could bias my analysis & measurements of what was going on inside Queen Mary.  Because Bronson is so blurry i was guessing & i had to play the footage over & over all day, & even late at night i was changing my mind, & different judges might see things differently.  But i am happy to mention that UYB09 is ground zero early on in this thread koz i need that info.

During my investigation i discovered some very interesting actions involving Hickey at UYB08, & later i was pleased to find that UYB09 was indeed the key frame, no fudging or cooking or pushing needed, altho praps i do need to find say half a frame.  But it was a long day, & today i will have a second look at the whole thing, i might change my mind.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:15:52 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:03:51 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 02:09:07 AM »
Actually i am interested in what Oswald's escape plan was, did it involve a safe house, did it involve doing a robbery & getting to Mexico, was there a plane waiting at the airport. But i dont expect to post on any of that.

Oswald had a plan to take a quick vacay but Ted Cruz's father grabbed the last seat. Also, one of Oswald's handlers, O H Lee, procured a safe house, although he couldn't find a room that needed curtain rods, apparently.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:15:08 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 04:01:16 AM »
Details of the motorcade can be found in --Presidential Motorcade Schematic Listing – by Todd Wayne Vaughn.
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Motorcade%20Route/Item%2015.pdf

We are lucky to have UYB04 to UYB18 (B01 to UYB20 actually).
This is the only footage-photo of what happened in & around Queen Mary at the time of Z313.  All others focused on the JFK limo & incidentally got a small chunk of Queen Mary.  Here is what i see in UYB04 to UYB18 ( i later included UYB01 UYB02 UYB03 UYB19 UYB20) .............

(1) Kinney (driver).   Can be seen relatively well.  Is looking ahead throughout.
(2) Roberts (sitting next to Kinney).  Hidden by Kinney. We can see the top of his head at times. Reactions not vizible.
(3) O'Donnell (sitting in left jump seat).  Hidden by McIntyre.
(4) Powers (sitting in right jump seat).  Hidden by McIntyre & O'Donnell.

(5) Hickey (semi-standing in left of rear seat).  I will give a detailed description of Hickey's actions later.  We can usually see 2 blurry dark shapes in the rear seat, with blurry mainly dark heads.  Its impossible to tell which is Hickey & which is Bennett.  In some frames the 2 shapes & heads are smudged into oblivion.  In some frames (especially near Z313) 3 spectators standing on the south side of Elm St block our view of Hickey & Bennett (& our view of the others).  The 15 extant frames are jumpy, because they should be 22 frames (7 frames have been skipped by the 3rd rate camera, or are missing).   Our pseudo-footage would play much better & tell us more if we had the benefit of thems extra 7 frames.  After a long time i realized that one reason that its difficult to see what is what & who is who is that Hickey is looking to his right in some frames, & we see the dark back of his blurry head.  This escaped me.  I could see the nice pink sides of Agent's faces fairly clearly in lots of frames, but not so for Hickey & Bennett.  Bennett shows a little bit of pink much of the time (actually its not even pink, its just a small weak pale smudge of a face-patch).  Hickey shows merely a hint of face-patch in a half of the frames, because we see the back of his head mostly.  He has turned his head (to his right), & possibly his body (in which case we can see his back).  More about Hickey later.

(6) Bennett (sitting in the right of the rear seat).  It is fairly certain that Bennett is the one sitting leaning forward (praps he likes to keep his hand on the door-handle), whereas Hickey is in the left seat & is higher & leaning back sitting up on some cases placed on the seat for that purpose.  Bennett's head is much lower than Hickey's head.  Bennett is looking rightish, possibly scanning for long range threats i reckon (eg the picket fence).  If he were looking straight ahead then the sides of his faces should look large & pink like others, but his face-patches look narrow & weak koz we can see the back of his head mostly (but its difficult to tell, being so blurry etc).  I dont think that Bennett ever glances directly at Hickey, but its difficult to tell.  His face-patch is pinkest at B16, i think that he looks towards the commotion in the limo, or is it a late reaction to the sound of Hickey's shot.  Is UYB16 a head turn reaction to Hickey's shot at UYB09?  Bennett's head is 100% hidden by the red lady's head in UYB17, & in UYB18 his head is smudged & his face isnt detectable, & later when i included UYB19 i found that UYB19 had a strange pinkish smudge near where Bennett's face should be, but i couldnt find any clear evidence that the possible head turn reaction in UYB16 continued after, if i did find such evidence then it would be ok for me to claim that Bennett had a head-turn reaction to Hickey's shot at UYB09, but no such luck.

(7) Hill (standing on the front of the left running board).  Hill can be seen running on the road just ahead of the windshield at UYB04, & by UYB18 he is way ahead almost at JFK's limo.  I said "can be seen running" but really its not much better than guesswork, Hill is so blurry.  We can see a suspicion of his face-patch in a few of the frames.  But there is no possibility of seeing whether Hill had any reaction to a shot at UYB09 (did Hill ever say that he heard the fatal 3rd shot?)(whilst running).

(8 ) McIntyre (standing on the rear of the left running board).  McIntyre can be seen looking right in UYB04 to UYB09, ie towards Hickey.  We know that McIntyre is looking right because we can't see the pink of McIntyre's face, we see the dark of the back of his head. 
And we can assume that he is looking at Hickey because he has seen that Hickey has picked up the AR15.
Then in UYB10 we can see the pink of the side of McIntyre's face because McIntyre has now quickly looked towards JFK,
& we can assume that that is because he saw Hickey fire at UYB09.
After UYB10 McIntyre continues to look towards JFK. 

(9) Ready (standing on the front of the right running board).  Ready is the clearest & most vizible of everyone in Queen Mary, ordinarily our view of Ready would be blocked by Hill standing on the left running board but Hill has run off.  Ready looks ahead the whole time, & shows no reaction to Hickey's shot.
(10)  Landis (standing on the rear of the right running board).  Our view of Landis is partly blocked by McIntyre in every frame.  In some frames we can see a small part of Landis's face & hair & head.  He might have looked to his left towards Hickey when Hickey picked up the AR15, & he might then have looked towards JFK after the shot, but i don’t think that we can judge any of that because his face is mostly blocked by McIntyre's head.  Bennett is sitting tween Landis & Hickey, & Bennett (leaning forward as always)(as can be seen in photos) has partly blocked Landis's view of Hickey picking up the AR15, hence Landis early on might not even be aware that Hickey has picked up the AR15. Actually silly me i forgot that Landis is standing next to the jump seats not next to the rear seat, hence Landis looking rightish because of the curve is looking awayish from Hickey & hardly likely to notice Hickey with the AR15 & in addition Landis somehow fails to react to the sound of the shot (he should have turned leftish).

Spectators.  There are 4 spectators close to Queen Mary on the southern side of Elm St, & others close on the northern side, & others at various locations, but i can't see any obvious reactions by any spectators to a shot by Hickey in Queen Mary.  Naturally spectators in UYB04 to UYB18 would be focused on JFK, especially after JFK's reaction to getting shot by Oswald's shot-2 at Z218 (ie 95 Zapruder frames before Z313-UYB09), & especially after Hill has taken off on foot.  And Hickey is hidden away in the middle of a ring of Agents.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:21:33 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 04:01:16 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 12:02:52 PM »
https://sites.google.com/view/bronsonfilmframes/home
The above is the new (good) link to my cropped & enlarged versions of each of 18 of 20 of the Bronson frames from the 50-album on Robin Unger's site.  They have been cropped to show only the follow up car Queen Mary. And they are cropped so that Queen Mary appears stationary when u scroll throo the 18 frames to give a pseudo-film effect (as i explained in an earlier posting). That way u can make more sense out of what is happening in Queen Mary, ie what the 8 Agents & 2 Assistants are doing or not doing.

Frame 20-50 & frame 1-50 are too blurry to be of use so i havent included them. So from now on i will be looking at these 18 frames. Earlier i only looked at 15 frames, ie 04 to 18.  I dont think that the extra 3 frames will be very important, but anyhow i will go back & upgrade my earlier postings if something new turns up.

I downloaded 2 of these google photos & i notice that they are only about 31k whereas my originals on my computer are about 210k. And i went to a lot of trouble to get my 18 frames cropped so that they were exactly the same width & height when i opened them in Microsoft Office. But the google ones might not end up being exactly equal. If need be i can email my originals if anyone asks.

To get them to play in proper sequence in Microsoft Office i found that i had to put the 18 in their own folder & i had to name them in a funny way as follows below.  The first number (eg 1) is the number that u need to put in front of the frame number (say 2-50) to give (1 2-50) etc.
1 2-50
10 2-50
11 3-50
9 19-50
12 4-50
13 5-50
14 6-50
15 7-50
16 8-50
17 9-50
18 10-50
19 11-50
2 12-50
3 13-50
5 15-50
6 16-50
4 14-50
7 17-50
8 18-50

As u can see i used frame 2-50 twice at the start, that way my pseudo-film starts on a freeze frame of 2-50, & when i press the right arrow button on my keyboard the picture sits on 2-50 for a fraction of a second before it flickers throo the sequence 2-50 to 19-50, much better, much easier to comprehend what is going on inside Queen Mary.
Actually later i found that i didnt have to have the sequence exactly as shown, i found that as long as the named numberings were correct then Microsoft Office was happy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:16:45 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »