Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?  (Read 45314 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2021, 07:47:35 AM »
Advertisement
-------------------Mr Warren Caster buys two rifles 11/20: one a present for his son, the other for himself (a Mauser)

-------------------Mr Oswald sees Mr Caster's Mauser in the hands of Mr Truly (again, 11/20)

-------------------A Mauser is found on the sixth floor shortly after the assassination

-------------------Mr Oswald in custody is shown this Mauser and asked 'Have you seen this rifle before?'........... He answers (truthfully) "I saw a Mauser just like this in the hands of my boss Mr Truly two days ago"

The above sequence of events does not require Mr Caster to have been anything other than wholly innocent of any involvement in the assassination. The significance of this document-----------

-----------lies elsewhere: it offers indirect confirmation that a Mauser rifle really was found on the sixth floor. Deputy Constable Weitzman & Deputy Sheriff Boone did NOT hallucinate it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:49:09 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2021, 07:47:35 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2021, 12:28:47 PM »
-------------------Mr Warren Caster buys two rifles 11/20: one a present for his son, the other for himself (a Mauser)

-------------------Mr Oswald sees Mr Caster's Mauser in the hands of Mr Truly (again, 11/20)

-------------------A Mauser is found on the sixth floor shortly after the assassination

-------------------Mr Oswald in custody is shown this Mauser and asked 'Have you seen this rifle before?'........... He answers (truthfully) "I saw a Mauser just like this in the hands of my boss Mr Truly two days ago"

The above sequence of events does not require Mr Caster to have been anything other than wholly innocent of any involvement in the assassination. The significance of this document-----------

-----------lies elsewhere: it offers indirect confirmation that a Mauser rifle really was found on the sixth floor. Deputy Constable Weitzmann & Deputy Sheriff Boone did NOT hallucinate it.

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but the Carcano is seen being removed from the TSBD. This is surely taken to the DPD.
Why would Fritz show Oswald a Mauser and not the Carcano?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but the Carcano is seen being removed from the TSBD. This is surely taken to the DPD.

Well, it would depend on where the Mauser was found, and where the Carcano. ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth's claim that the Carcano was NOT found on the sixth floor is mucho intriguing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2021, 04:15:31 PM »
Well, it would depend on where the Mauser was found, and where the Carcano. ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth's claim that the Carcano was NOT found on the sixth floor is mucho intriguing.

What I mean is - what happened to the Carcano that was taken away from the TSBD.
We know that happens because there is photographic evidence of it.
If it went to the DPD why would Fritz show Oswald a Mauser and not the Carcano that, I assume, was taken to the DPD?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2021, 04:50:17 PM »

-----------lies elsewhere: it offers indirect confirmation that a Mauser rifle really was found on the sixth floor. Deputy Constable Weitzman & Deputy Sheriff Boone did NOT hallucinate it.

How exactly would Caster be wholly innocent in this fantasy?  He confirms that he took his rifles home and they were never brought back to the TSBD.

Mr. BALL. What did you do with the guns after that?
Mr. CASTER. I put them back in the carton and carried them up to my office.
Mr. BALL. And what did you do with them after that?
Mr. CASTER. I left at the end of the working day, oh, around 4 o'clock and took the guns in the cartons and carried them and put them in my car and carried them home.
Mr. BALL. Did you ever have them back in the Texas School Book Depository Building thereafter?
Mr. CASTER. They have never been back to the Texas School Book Depository Building since then.
Mr. BALL. Where were those guns on November 22, 1963?
Mr. CASTER. The guns were in my home, 3338 Merrell Road.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2021, 04:50:17 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2021, 05:15:02 PM »
What I mean is - what happened to the Carcano that was taken away from the TSBD.
We know that happens because there is photographic evidence of it.
If it went to the DPD why would Fritz show Oswald a Mauser and not the Carcano that, I assume, was taken to the DPD?
Here is the film taken by Tom Alyea, a cameraman for WFAA-TV, showing them finding and retrieving the rifle. This was shown live by the station after they developed it and shortly after the assassination.

Did the "conspirators" plant evidence AND let a newsman film them at the same time? Why wold they allow this to happen if they were staging things? It makes no sense. And they recovered this rifle and then Fritz showed Oswald a Mauser?

All of this discovery was done BEFORE the workers in the building had been interviewed. If they later said that Oswald was with them and couldn't have shot JFK then all of this planting of evidence implicating Oswald would be exposed. This entire alleged plan collapses. Again, this makes no sense at all.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 05:15:39 PM »

So...Let me get this straight....The conspirators want to set Lee Up as the scape goat....and they have photos that show Lee holding a MANNLICHER CARCANO......  So they plant a MAUSER that has no connection to Lee Oswald.

Do I have this right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 05:15:39 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2021, 05:26:12 PM »

Perhaps your vision might improve if you extract your head....

Tom Alyea was right there with his camera when Lt Day picked up the Mannlicher Carcano  which was lying on the floor, on it's side, with the leather sling up.    The rifle was 15 feet 4 inches from the North wall. The film of Lt. Day picking up the rifle clearly show that the rifle was a MANNLICHER CARCANO.