Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?  (Read 43153 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 11:06:48 PM »
Advertisement

Thank you...I thought that Warren Caster was the President of one of the book companies that had offices in the TSBD.
But the fact remains.....There were not two other men...There was only Truly and caster.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:15:31 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 11:06:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 02:46:41 AM »

Oswald had information that he had seen Truly with the rifle. Truly says that a day or two ago a salesman with whom he does business came into his office and he had two rifles that he had recently purchased, a ______ rifle plus a .22 rifle for his son.  He showed these rifles to Truly and he sighted down it, and it's possible that Oswald might have seen him with this gun in his hands.  Truly does not own a rifle, and that is the only rifle that he has touched in a long time. 

Lets parse the note....

Oswald had information that he had seen Truly with the rifle.

The Rifle..... Of course the only rifle in evidence at this point is the CARCANO....And detective  Day had just brought the Carcano from the TSBD at about 3:00pm so it was in fact at police headquarters, at 3:15 when Fritz started questioning Lee Oswald.   It's SOP for a suspect to be shown the murder weapon and ask if the suspect has ever seen it and observe the suspect's reaction.

"Truly says that a day or two ago a salesman with whom he does business came into his office and he had two rifles that he had recently purchased, a ______ rifle plus a .22 rifle for his son." 

What jumps right out is, this statement states that there were only TWO men involved, Mr Truly, and some unnamed salesman.

The liars have always maintained that Hosty's scribbled note (" Truly had rifle and two others") was referring to Truly and two other men being present.    But according to this note there was just Roy Truly and the salesman.

As I recall the official version states that one of the men present was Mr Caster, and Caster certainly wasn't a salesman who Truly did business with....So he can't be referring to Mr Caster.   

"He showed these rifles to Truly and he sighted down it, and it's possible that Oswald might have seen him with this gun in his hands " Truly  admits  handling the rifle ....Was that because if his finger prints showed up on the carcano he would have an explanation for his prints being on the rifle???

[i "]that is the only rifle that he has touched in a long time." [/i]  "He has touched "...Interesting choice of words....Was Truly a bit worried that his prints might have been on the rifle???

"Truly says that a day or two ago a salesman with whom he does business came into his office and he had two rifles that he had recently purchased, a ______ rifle plus a .22 rifle for his son."

He had recently purchased a   WHAT ? Rifle ........???

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 11:49:53 AM »
Mr. BALL. Did you ever bring any guns into the School Book Depository Building?
Mr. CASTER. Yes; I did.
Mr. BALL. When?
Mr. CASTER. I believe it was on Wednesday, November 20, during the noon hour.
Mr. BALL. Whose guns were they?
Mr. CASTER. They were my guns.
Mr. BALL. And what kind of guns were they?
Mr. CASTER. One gun was a Remington, single-shot, .22 rifle, and the other was a .30-06 sporterized Mauser.

Not knowing anything about firearms, I was wondering if "sporterized" meant there was a scope attached.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 11:49:53 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 03:52:09 PM »
Afraid you've misunderstood the question I'm asking, Mr Smith. Let me help you by repeating the title of the thread: "Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?"

Thumb1:

No, he didn't if you mean the same model of rifle that was used by Oswald to assassinate JFK.  "Mauser" is often used in a generic manner.   
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:01:47 PM by Richard Smith »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 03:54:06 PM »
I've always thought that Truly was hoping to get Lee Oswald to handle the rifle, so his finger prints would be on it.  Truly knew that Lee had been in the Marine Corp and probably appealed to Lee's expertise.    They weren't worried about Truly's "n-----s" seeing the rifle because as we know they claimed the rifle was some other rifle and not the carcano.

So Truly and Caster are involved in the plot? Did they actually get Oswald to put his prints on the rifle?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 03:54:06 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 04:29:32 PM »
So Truly and Caster are involved in the plot? Did they actually get Oswald to put his prints on the rifle?
They wanted to get Oswald's prints on a Mauser and then they planted a Carcano, a different type of rifle.

Why couldn't they get Truly's "n****s" to implicate Oswald? They could say - or be forced to say - they saw Oswald carrying a large package with him that day. Or say that he expressed hatred of JFK.

The conspiracy believers think the conspirators could do anything. But they couldn't get Oswald's co-workers to implicate him directly in the assassination. Or get Marina to say he hated JFK. Or get Ruth Paine to say she saw him with a package that morning. Or get Michael to say he saw the rifle. Or get DeMohrenschildt  to say.....on and and on.

We've raised these matters repeatedly with the conspiracy believers. And they can never answer them. A type of conspiracy cognitive dissonance ensues and they get frustrated. If they truly considered them, their beliefs would crumble completely. This is something they cannot allow.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 05:01:40 PM »
They wanted to get Oswald's prints on a Mauser and then they planted a Carcano, a different type of rifle.

Why couldn't they get Truly's "n****s" to implicate Oswald? They could say - or be forced to say - they saw Oswald carrying a large package with him that day. Or say that he expressed hatred of JFK.

The conspiracy believers think the conspirators could do anything. But they couldn't get Oswald's co-workers to implicate him directly in the assassination. Or get Marina to say he hated JFK. Or get Ruth Paine to say she saw him with a package that morning. Or get Michael to say he saw the rifle. Or get DeMohrenschildt  to say.....on and and on.

We've raised these matters repeatedly with the conspiracy believers. And they can never answer them. A type of conspiracy cognitive dissonance ensues and they get frustrated. If they truly considered them, their beliefs would crumble completely. This is something they cannot allow.

Yes, it is amazing.  So many logical inconsistencies.  They must live in an interesting fantasy world.  They often dispute, for example, that Oswald's prints were on the rifle because the authorities had control of the evidence and could make up any findings they wanted. So why go through this bizarre charade with Caster's rifles to actually get Oswald's prints on the rifle?  Necessitating the recruitment of at least two random citizens into the plot who have to be kept quiet etc.  We are sometimes told Frazier is lying about the long bag to implicate Oswald, but then Frazier can't be convinced to confirm that it was long enough to carry the rifle.  The entire purpose of making up the long bag story.  We are told the conspirators assassinated JFK as a pretext for war with Cuba, but then all the blame is put on Oswald and the authorities decline to implicate Cuba.  Thus undermining the entire basis for the assassination under this theory.  And on and on.  But logic and narrative consistency are not a necessary pretext for a good conspiracy fantasy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 05:01:40 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 05:27:34 PM »
No, he didn't if you mean the same model of rifle that was used by Oswald to assassinate JFK.

No, I didn't mean anything of the sort, lol.

In the light of

a) this document---------------

----------------and

b) the known fact that "a _____________ rifle" refers to a Mauser rifle,

and

c) the fact that Lt Day says he put the Carcano in a locked evidence box from ~2pm to ~7pm,

I asked:

'Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?'
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:35:46 PM by Alan Ford »