Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?  (Read 6643 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 01:54:38 AM »
Advertisement
The FBI could and should have exposed at least some of the plotters, but not with J. Edgar Hoover running the FBI. Hoover clearly had advance knowledge of the assassination and did nothing to prevent it. LBJ was not about to lift a finger to expose them; he was one of the most powerful forces behind the cover-up. The Texas authorities quickly bowed to the feds and made no serious attempt to investigate the case.

LBJ had the most to gain by the murder.    RFK was breathing down his neck and about to take action to put LBJ in Prison.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 01:54:38 AM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 11:42:51 AM »
LBJ had the most to gain by the murder.    RFK was breathing down his neck and about to take action to put LBJ in Prison.

I think the released LBJ phone recordings indicate that LBJ was not part of the conspiracy. Among other things, the tapes reveal that LBJ sincerely wanted to know if he had been targeted as well. Of course, LBJ could have been posturing for history. He was enough of a scumbag that I would not be shocked to learn that he was part of the plot, but so far I don't think any real evidence of this has surfaced, unless one wants to infer that his leading role in the cover-up suggests complicity in the assassination.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 01:56:28 PM »
I think the released LBJ phone recordings indicate that LBJ was not part of the conspiracy. Among other things, the tapes reveal that LBJ sincerely wanted to know if he had been targeted as well. Of course, LBJ could have been posturing for history. He was enough of a scumbag that I would not be shocked to learn that he was part of the plot, but so far I don't think any real evidence of this has surfaced, unless one wants to infer that his leading role in the cover-up suggests complicity in the assassination.

He was enough of a scumbag that I would not be shocked to learn that he was part of the plot, but so far I don't think any real evidence of this has surfaced, unless one wants to infer that his leading role in the cover-up suggests complicity in the assassination.

I don't think any real evidence of this has surfaced,

I doubt that LBJ left any evidence of his involvement.....  He was too diabolically clever to leave any evidence of his leadership role in the coup.    It's possible that Lee Oswald may have been assured the the VP knew about the STAGED ATTEMPT to shoot the president and  would provide cover if he was arrested  after the staged event.  If my speculation is true, that would explain why Lee was murdered so soon after the coup.

LBJ never worked a day in his life.....He was dirt poor when he entered the political arena, but he was a billionaire when he left Washington. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 01:56:28 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 06:33:56 PM »
Its also doubtful JFK could have got his own civil rights agenda passed in his second term.

The assassination helped LBJ get them through.

LBJ saw that he was going to need votes to  keep the reins of power in his hands....  LBJ Knew that he could capitalize on the revered JFK's popularity with the Black Americans,  ( for promoting integration and civil rights)  Thus LBJ simply used the dead president's policies to buy the Black vote.  LBJ sneered at us "piss-ants" ..... He would dole out pennies of Tax Payer's money, if it would enable him to grab fists full of dollars while the till was open.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 06:43:08 PM »
LBJ saw that he was going to need votes to  keep the reins of power in his hands....  LBJ Knew that he could capitalize on the revered JFK's popularity with the Black Americans,  ( for promoting integration and civil rights)  Thus LBJ simply used the dead president's policies to buy the Black vote.  LBJ sneered at us "piss-ants" ..... He would dole out pennies of Tax Payer's money, if it would enable him to grab fists full of dollars while the till was open.

Just about any Republican could have beaten LBJ in 1968, partly because his handling of the war was very unpopular.

The plotters killed RFK and MLK because they viewed them as serious threats to the war effort.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 06:43:08 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 07:48:13 PM »
Just about any Republican could have beaten LBJ in 1968, partly because his handling of the war was very unpopular.

The plotters killed RFK and MLK because they viewed them as serious threats to the war effort.

I disagree....Hoover had them snuffed because he hated them and their policies.   He tried to blackmail both of them and was unsuccessful ....  Hoover created fake photos that showed both RFK, and MLK in sexual activity, and he thought that he could intimidate them....

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »

I disagree....Hoover had them snuffed because he hated them and their policies.   He tried to blackmail both of them and was unsuccessful ....  Hoover created fake photos that showed both RFK, and MLK in sexual activity, and he thought that he could intimidate them....

The evidence in the RFK shooting points pretty clearly to the CIA. Read Tate and Johnson's recent book on the case, The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, as well as Lisa Pease's book on the case, A Lie Too Big to Fail.

https://sites.google.com/view/the-rfk-assassination/home

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 10:26:14 PM »
The evidence in the RFK shooting points pretty clearly to the CIA. Read Tate and Johnson's recent book on the case, The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, as well as Lisa Pease's book on the case, A Lie Too Big to Fail.

https://sites.google.com/view/the-rfk-assassination/home

When you say the CIA did it....You might as well say the Brotherhood of Sicilian Associates ....Because it means nothing.  If you're saying that Dulles and Bissell were ring leaders, then I would agree.... But neither of them were officially employed by the CIA at the time of the Coup.