Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?
« on: January 28, 2021, 07:20:08 PM »
Advertisement
The evidence clearly indicates that the men who were the main plotters behind the JFK assassination were rogue high-level elements in the CIA and the military. (The next level or two down from this top brass of plotters included elements of the Mafia, the anti-Castro Cubans, and the Dallas Police Department.)

I think one could make a good argument that the conspirators were sincere patriots who believed JFK was being reckless in his dealings with the Soviet Union, who believed he was going to abandon South Vietnam to the Communists, and who were alarmed by his abandonment of all efforts to overthrow Castro.

I think the plotters also believed that JFK was squandering the opportunity to destroy the Soviet Union once and for all with a nuclear first strike. It is beyond question that elements in the CIA and the military attempted to use the assassination as an excuse to provoke an all-out nuclear attack on Russia.

What about the rule of law and the immorality and illegality of assassinating a sitting president? The plotters believed that JFK's actions and avowed goals justified taking the extraordinary step of assassination. I think one of the main reasons they engaged in such a massive cover-up was to preserve America's image as the world's most stable and noble democratic republic.

I believe that the plotters were sincere patriots, and that in their minds they were acting in the best interests of the country and the world. This is not to exonerate them, but it is to say that they believed they were doing what had to be done to protect and advance America and the cause of freedom around the world.

JFK Assassination Forum

Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?
« on: January 28, 2021, 07:20:08 PM »

Online Gerry Down

Re: Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:34:52 PM »
Its also doubtful JFK could have got his own civil rights agenda passed in his second term.

The assassination helped LBJ get them through.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 07:46:26 PM »
The evidence clearly indicates that the men who were the main plotters behind the JFK assassination were rogue high-level elements in the CIA and the military. (The next level or two down from this top brass of plotters included elements of the Mafia, the anti-Castro Cubans, and the Dallas Police Department.)

I think one could make a good argument that the conspirators were sincere patriots who believed JFK was being reckless in his dealings with the Soviet Union, who believed he was going to abandon South Vietnam to the Communists, and who were alarmed by his abandonment of all efforts to overthrow Castro.

I think the plotters also believed that JFK was squandering the opportunity to destroy the Soviet Union once and for all with a nuclear first strike. It is beyond question that elements in the CIA and the military attempted to use the assassination as an excuse to provoke an all-out nuclear attack on Russia.

What about the rule of law and the immorality and illegality of assassinating a sitting president? The plotters believed that JFK's actions and avowed goals justified taking the extraordinary step of assassination. I think one of the main reasons they engaged in such a massive cover-up was to preserve America's image as the world's most stable and noble democratic republic.

I believe that the plotters were sincere patriots, and that in their minds they were acting in the best interests of the country and the world. This is not to exonerate them, but it is to say that they believed they were doing what had to be done to protect and advance America and the cause of freedom around the world.

Bravo, Mr Griffin..an excellent post. However.... Even if those rogue elements thought of themselves as super patriots that does not make them a patriot of any kind.   We are (or were) a nation of laws that were created by the citizens....  The founding fathers drafted the laws and rules that are supposed to govern the nation.   And they provided legal ways to rid us of any president that was violating his oath of office and mismanaging the nation.    Anybody who takes matters into their own hands and acts contrary to the law is a criminal ...So those "Super patriots" were simple criminals.

Incidentally.... The founding fathers never intended for the vice president to automatically become the president in the event that the sitting president died, or became ill and unable to carry out the duties of the office.  They knew full well that if the vice president was next in line to become president that would be an invitation for an unscrupulous person to kill the President and put himself in the office of the President. ( LBJ changed that )

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 07:46:26 PM »

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
Bravo, Mr Griffin..an excellent post. However.... Even if those rogue elements thought of themselves as super patriots that does not make them a patriot of any kind.   We are (or were) a nation of laws that were created by the citizens....  The founding fathers drafted the laws and rules that are supposed to govern the nation.   And they provided legal ways to rid us of any president that was violating his oath of office and mismanaging the nation.    Anybody who takes matters into their own hands and acts contrary to the law is a criminal ...So those "Super patriots" were simple criminals.

I agree. As much as I sympathize with their motives, and even agree with some of them, I wish they had been caught and punished.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 09:56:24 PM »
I agree. As much as I sympathize with their motives, and even agree with some of them, I wish they had been caught and punished.

As much as I sympathize with their motives, and even agree with some of them, I wish they had been caught and punished.

Yes, I agree....   JFK was attempting to stop a run-a-way freight train ( the nuclear arms race) but had no help in doing that.  The Generals and Admirals who had won WWII thought that the US should flex it's nuclear muscle and force the commies to submit.

JFK was far wiser than the bloated idiots and negotiated  deals with Castro, and K behind the public view   ( to defuse ticking e nuclear time bomb)   The knuckle heads who thought of themselves as superpatriots  were furious.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 09:56:24 PM »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 10:08:19 PM »
The backers of Trump consider themselves real patriots too. And I don't mean the likes of those guys that tried to lynch Pence. I mean the likes of Dr Steve Pieczenik, Bannon, General Flynn, General Keane, General McInerney, General Tata. Guys who headed 82nd and 101st airborne divisions. Top guys at the pentagon. Pieczenik was CIA's Mr Fixit and is wanted by Italy for the assassination of their former prime minister Aldo Moro, worked for every POTUS since Nixon to Clinton. The political figureheads in USA have competing backers. And the intelligence agency community ultimately gangs up and determines who gets to lead the nation. They are locked in a continual fight to get their 'person' into positions of power to ensure the agency prospers. You don't see this crap in European and ally nations. Military and Intelligence agency voices are nowhere near as powerful and acceptable on mainstream news discussing political topics.

Trump's group appears to have been a rogue group that considered themselves 'true patriots'. They beat the CIA/FBI's 'guy' Hillary in 2016. But lost to the CIA's and co latest stooge, Biden.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 10:28:51 PM »

I wish they had been caught and punished.

WHO?? would have caught and punished J.Edgar Hoover and LBJ?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 10:28:51 PM »

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »
I wish they had been caught and punished.

WHO?? would have caught and punished J. Edgar Hoover and LBJ?

The FBI could and should have exposed at least some of the plotters, but not with J. Edgar Hoover running the FBI. Hoover clearly had advance knowledge of the assassination and did nothing to prevent it. LBJ was not about to lift a finger to expose them; he was one of the most powerful forces behind the cover-up. The Texas authorities quickly bowed to the feds and made no serious attempt to investigate the case.