Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Thompson's New Book Powerfully Confirms the HSCA Acoustical Evidence  (Read 18183 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Thompson's New Book Powerfully Confirms the HSCA Acoustical Evidence
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 01:20:00 PM »
Advertisement
Although I accept many conspiracy facts (e.g. that the single-bullet theory is garbage)

"I inspected these spines and spoke to these chiropractors, and they both confirmed without any hesitation whatsoever that there was "no way" a bullet could pass between the transverse processes of C7 and T1 without striking bone." [P. Speer]

“There is an undisplaced fracture of the proximal portion of the right transverse process of T1 (or the region of the costovertebral junction)”

Quote from the report of the HSCA consulting radiologist, G.M. McDonnel, MD, in: HSCA vol.7: 219.
[see https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol7/html/HSCA_Vol7_0115a.htm]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 01:20:00 PM »

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 06:00:09 PM »
"I inspected these spines and spoke to these chiropractors, and they both confirmed without any hesitation whatsoever that there was "no way" a bullet could pass between the transverse processes of C7 and T1 without striking bone." [P. Speer]

“There is an undisplaced fracture of the proximal portion of the right transverse process of T1 (or the region of the costovertebral junction)”

Quote from the report of the HSCA consulting radiologist, G.M. McDonnel, MD, in: HSCA vol.7: 219.
[see https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol7/html/HSCA_Vol7_0115a.htm]

Yes, but the nose of CE 399 was unblemished prior to the FBI's cutting off a piece for testing. It becomes clear then that CE 399 did not strike the spine upon entrance to the back of JFK. This is why Baden etc propose the T-1 process was broken by the temporary cavity of the bullet, and not the bullet itself.

And that is why I consulted with the chiropractors. They confirmed what I already suspected--that there was no way a bullet could pass between the C-7 and T-1 process without actually striking the bone. John McAdams had assured me he'd tested this with dowels etc. and that a bullet could slide between the processes without hitting bone. I asked him to show me an image of his doing so. He failed to do so, and the chiropractors confirmed to me that this was nonsense.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2021, 07:50:38 PM »
Yes, but the nose of CE 399 was unblemished prior to the FBI's cutting off a piece for testing. It becomes clear then that CE 399 did not strike the spine upon entrance to the back of JFK. This is why Baden etc propose the T-1 process was broken by the temporary cavity of the bullet, and not the bullet itself.

And that is why I consulted with the chiropractors. They confirmed what I already suspected--that there was no way a bullet could pass between the C-7 and T-1 process without actually striking the bone. John McAdams had assured me he'd tested this with dowels etc. and that a bullet could slide between the processes without hitting bone. I asked him to show me an image of his doing so. He failed to do so, and the chiropractors confirmed to me that this was nonsense.

Fair enough.
Personally, I don't believe CE 399 has anything to do with the actual shooting.
If the argument is the bullet couldn't have hit the spine because CE 399 was unblemished then I'm more inclined to think the bullet did pass between the C-7 and T-1 process, and this caused the fracture and that he bullet that did this fragmented on JBC's wrist.
The Magic Bullet is garbage because it relies on CE 399
The Single Bullet is just a bullet - not CE 399. A bullet passing through both men is not really that big a stretch. It is if you believe that bullet was CE 399

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2021, 07:50:38 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2021, 08:16:17 PM »
Fair enough.
Personally, I don't believe CE 399 has anything to do with the actual shooting.
If the argument is the bullet couldn't have hit the spine because CE 399 was unblemished then I'm more inclined to think the bullet did pass between the C-7 and T-1 process, and this caused the fracture and that he bullet that did this fragmented on JBC's wrist.
The Magic Bullet is garbage because it relies on CE 399
The Single Bullet is just a bullet - not CE 399. A bullet passing through both men is not really that big a stretch. It is if you believe that bullet was CE 399
If CE 399 was planted then how could the planters know beforehand how many other bullets (or fragments) would be recovered? How could they have known that CE 399 would not be the "one bullet too many" that would blow the whole plot? And they planted it on a hospital gurney? They were awfully lucky that it was found.

This entire aspect of their plan (if there was one) is an enormous risk. One that makes no sense to me. Too many things to easily go wrong; too many things to have to control; too many moving parts. That doesn't prove it didn't happen; it just makes it seem very odd to me.

Second: I don't see how a bullet could strike JC in the location that it did and at (roughly) the time on the Z film that I think it did and not go through JFK. Kennedy is blocking the view for a sniper. It's impossible, as I see it, for a sniper to hit JC in the back. A sniper's view is blocked. Even if there was a second sniper then where could he have been located? It seems to me that the evidence tracing a bullet backwards would have two men in the sniper's nest? Or very close by.

If you look at the alternative explanations for the wounds on JC they make no sense to me (the bullet that struck JC's thigh, according to his doctor, barely penetrated the skin: so what happened to it?). Which leaves us with the best explanation available: one bullet hitting both men.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:42:36 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2021, 09:32:17 PM »
If CE 399 was planted then how could the planters know beforehand how many other bullets (or fragments) would be recovered? How could they have known that CE 399 would not be the "one bullet too many" that would blow the whole plot? And they planted it on a hospital gurney? They were awfully lucky that it was found.

This entire aspect of their plan (if there was one) is an enormous risk. One that makes no sense to me. Too many things to easily go wrong; too many things to have to control; too many moving parts. That doesn't prove it didn't happen; it just makes it seem very odd to me.

Second: I don't see how a bullet could strike JC in the location that it did and at (roughly) the time on the Z film that I think it did and not go through JFK. Kennedy is blocking the view for a sniper. It's impossible, as I see it, for a sniper to hit JC in the back. A sniper's view is blocked. Even if there was a second sniper then where could he have been located? It seems to me that the evidence tracing a bullet backwards would have two men in the sniper's nest? Or very close by.

If you look at the alternative explanations for the wounds on JC they make no sense to me (the bullet that struck JC's thigh, according to his doctor, barely penetrated the skin: so what happened to it?). Which leaves us with the best explanation available: one bullet hitting both men.

I agree a single bullet went through both men, I just don't believe CE 399 nicked JFK's spine, crushed JBC's rib then shattered his wrist (at which point I believe it fragmented.)

"If CE 399 was planted then how could the planters know beforehand how many other bullets (or fragments) would be recovered?"
This is just pure speculation but clean out the limo while it's parked outside Parkland and have people scouring Dealey Plaza picking up any evidence of bullets they might find.
On his website, Pat relates an amusing story about a nurse complaining about how she wished people would stop leaving bullets lying around.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2021, 09:32:17 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 04:52:16 PM »
To put the NRC panel's admission about the locational correlations into perspective, the panel's 7% probability that the correlations resulted from chance means the odds that they did not result from chance are greater than 13 out of 14.

Then, couple this with the fantastically remote odds that chance caused the correlations between the dictabelt's grassy knoll gunshot impulse pattern and the test-firing grassy knoll gunshot impulse patterns.  Dr. Thomas has proved that those odds are 1 in 100,000.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2021, 03:55:17 AM »
To put the NRC panel's admission about the locational correlations into perspective, the panel's 7% probability that the correlations resulted from chance means the odds that they did not result from chance are greater than 13 out of 14.

Then, couple this with the fantastically remote odds that chance caused the correlations between the dictabelt's grassy knoll gunshot impulse pattern and the test-firing grassy knoll gunshot impulse patterns.  Dr. Thomas has proved that those odds are 1 in 100,000.

Both the NRC "7%" and Dr Thomas' calculations involve the comparison of an abstracted and simplified extract from the dictabelt against the results of a pen-and-paper simulation of the echos of a gunshot from the grassy knoll. An old friend of mine, who wound up with a PhD in experimental physics, once called this sort of thing "lab reality." It works well in a physics lab where experimenters filter out extraneous inputs and other noise long before the the experiment begins. It doesn't work quite as neatly given real world data where variables aren't so easily isolated.  The work of Weiss & Aschkenazi, Thomas, and the NRC on this particular subject are best thought of with that reality in mind.

The bigger issue is the timing of the "hold everything" crosstalk, which invalidates any probability calculations that W&A, Thomas, and the NRC came up with.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2021, 03:55:17 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2021, 12:44:20 PM »

What makes you think the bullet now in evidence as CE 399 was ever at Parkland Hospital?