Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Thompson's New Book Powerfully Confirms the HSCA Acoustical Evidence  (Read 17192 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Advertisement
Josiah Thompson's long-awaited new book Last Second in Dallas (University Press of Kansas, 2021), published last week, presents powerful evidence in support of the HSCA acoustical evidence, which proved there were at least two gunmen and at least four shots. Thompson's chapters on the acoustical evidence account for 98 pages of the book and include separate contributions by BBN scientists James Barger and Richard Mullen. Some highlights:

* Thompson utterly, totally, and completely destroys the NRC panel's report. Among other things, Thompson presents evidence that the panel rigged their PCC test to avoid confirming the acoustical evidence.

* Thompson demolishes the claim that the Fisher "I'll check it" transmission is not crosstalk. He proves, partly via a PCC test done by Mullen, that it most certainly is crosstalk, and that it proves that the dictabelt's gunfire impulses occurred during the assassination. Interestingly, Thompson notes that years ago Jim Bowles himself recognized the Fisher "I'll check it" transmission as a crosstalk transmission, and that the NRC panel attempted to conceal this fact in its report.

* Thompson once and for all resolves the problem of the Decker "hold everything" transmission, proving that it is irrelevant, that it is not time synchronous, and that it must be the result of an overdub that was produced during the copying process. Thompson, summarizing Barger's new research on the subject, presents evidence that Decker's "hold everything" transmission and the two Bellah transmissions were recorded during a separate recording session and not during the session that recorded the three scientifically established crosstalk transmissions, and that, crucially, they were recorded at a different recording speed.

* Thompson establishes that neither the HSCA nor the NRC panel used the original dictabelt recording, and that the extant recording is a second- or third-generation copy.

* Interestingly, Thompson reveals that when the NRC panel sent Dr. Barger a draft of their report, Barger replied with an 8-page critique, and that the panel declined to publish Barger's critique and did not address his objections in their report.

This is a very simplified, general summary of Thompson's chapters on the acoustics evidence. Dozens of the pages in those chapters get rather technical, but Thompson does a good job of putting the information in layman's terms. I have not mentioned some of Thompson's best evidence because doing so would require technical explanations that would take several paragraphs. Barger's and Mullen's chapters are a bit tougher reading, but even a newcomer will be able to grasp their significance.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:36:22 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Thompson's New Book Powerfully Confirms the HSCA Acoustical Evidence
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 11:58:42 AM »
A few other points:

* Thompson makes a good case that the dictabelt recording contains five gunshot impulse patterns, and that G. Robert Blakey's reason for discounting the fourth rear gunshot impulse pattern is invalid. Thompson acknowledges that four shots from behind indicates two gunmen firing from the rear. He suggests the other rear gunman was in a building near the TSBD, such as the Dal-Tex Building.

* Thompson makes a strong case that the acoustics, along with photographic evidence and eyewitness accounts, support a shot at Z328, and that this shot, not Z313, was the final shot. He devotes an entire chapter to making the case for a shot at Z328.

* Thompson shows that the evidence clearly identifies Officer McClain's motorcycle as the bike that recorded the sounds found on the dictabelt recording.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:37:48 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:28:01 AM »
Mr Dale Myers: "the motorcycle officer in the Dorman film has a white object attached to the inside lower-left corner of his windshield. A similar white object is visible on McLain's motorcycle twelve seconds earlier, as depicted in the Hughes film" (emphasis added!)

Now I seem to recall that a few years back someone pointed out----------------quite correctly---------------that this white object (paperwork, evidently) is indeed similar... but different. It is fastened to the windshield at one angle in the Hughes film (on the left, below), and at another in the Dorman film (on the right, below).

Just sayin'
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 01:31:34 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:28:01 AM »

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 01:43:50 AM »
Mr Dale Myers: "the motorcycle officer in the Dorman film has a white object attached to the inside lower-left corner of his windshield. A similar white object is visible on McLain's motorcycle twelve seconds earlier, as depicted in the Hughes film" (emphasis added!)

Now I seem to recall that a few years back someone pointed out----------------quite correctly---------------that this white object (paperwork, evidently) is indeed similar... but different. It is fastened to the windshield at one angle in the Hughes film (on the left, below), and at another in the Dorman film (on the right, below).

Just sayin'

Before you say anything else, you should read Thompson's book. McClain's bike recorded the gunfire.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 01:52:42 AM »
Before you say anything else, you should read Thompson's book. McClain's bike recorded the gunfire.

I look forward to doing so, Mr Griffith, but in the meantime............. do you believe that this is one and the same man-----------------

-----------------or has Mr Myers pulled a shenanigan?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 01:52:42 AM »

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 01:56:16 AM »
I look forward to doing so, Mr Griffith, but in the meantime............. do you believe that this is one and the same man-----------------
-----------------or has Mr Myers pulled a shenanigan?

I think Dr. Thomas soundly refuted Myers' research on the acoustical evidence years ago.

Myers' research on the Tippit shooting is also extremely problematic.

https://miketgriffith.com/files/malice.pdf

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 01:57:45 AM »
I think Dr. Thomas soundly refuted Myers' research on the acoustical evidence years ago.

Myers' research on the Tippit shooting is also extremely problematic.

https://miketgriffith.com/files/malice.pdf

That doesn't answer my question. Is one and the same man?-----------------

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 01:57:45 AM »

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 02:04:37 AM »
That doesn't answer my question. Is one and the same man?-----------------

Like I said, before you say anything else on the acoustical evidence, read Thompson's book. Thompson, with the help of Barger and Mullen, destroys the NRC panel's objections and proves that the five gunfire impulse patterns are in fact gunfire and that they were recorded during the assassination in Dealey Plaza.

I do not put any stock in Myers' photographic interpretations. His interpretations of key photographic evidence in the Tippit shooting and key parts of the Zapruder film are slipshod and dubious.