Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Thompson's New Book Powerfully Confirms the HSCA Acoustical Evidence  (Read 17268 times)

Offline Steve Barber

Re: Thompson's New Book Powerfully Confirms the HSCA Acoustical Evidence
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2022, 05:45:24 PM »
Advertisement
I thought that Dr. Donald B. Thomas adequately addressed the acoustical evidence in Chapter 17 and 18 of his book Hear No Evil, See No Evil (in Chapter 18, he refers to certain film frames or photographs to confirm McLain's position). I also recall Thomas' visual presentation at a JFK Lancer Conference demonstrating that McLain was in the correct position.  I believe it's available on DVD through JFK Lancer Publications.

Hi again, Gerry. 

If I may, I wrote this article in response to a piece that Don Thomas wrote about Vince Bugliosi and myself, where he claimed that Vince and I were "Bamboozled".  The sad thing is, is that Thomas just doesn't know what he's talking about.   As you will see, one little sound disproves Thomas' entire theory regarding a second instance of crosstalk that he claims precede the sounds BBN claimed were gunshots.  This sound called "Heterodyne tones" surround the voice Thomas says is crosstalk.  The voice of Sheriff Decker, which as you know is labeled "crosstalk" and it contains no heterodyne tones becuase it wasn't spoken over the channel one radio frequency, rather, it was picked up from the loudspeaker of another police radio tuned to channel two, and it was picked up by an already open microphone that is stuck open.   This piece I wrote is similar to the paper Vince Bugliosi asked me to write for his book, which appears in the "End Notes" (CD Rom) of his book, but with some additional information.  Some of which includes the erroneously labeled "Carillon Bell" that isn't a "bell" at all, which I proved in 1982, and the people at IBM confirmed.  It's electronic interfernce which occurred throughout the channel 2 radio frequency that day, making many different sounds, and these sounds only occurred during the time when the dispatcher's microphone was keyed on.  IBM produced a report on the sound, along with the topic of the entire DPD open microphone investigation.  I hope you will take time and read these articles to give you a better understanding of the open microphone sequence on the Dallas police Dictabelt recording of channel one, and the Gray Audograph recording of channel two.  Thanks so much. 

https://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2007/07/of-crosstalk-and-bells-rebuttal-to-don.html

https://www.jfk-online.com/acousibm00.html 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2022, 05:45:24 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2022, 12:56:13 PM »
Interesting: Not one of the critics in this thread has anything close to the qualifications of Dr. Barger, Dr. Mullen, or Dr. Thomas.

And let's keep in mind that even the Ramsey Panel (NRC/NAS panel) said there was a 93% probability that the locational correlations occurred because the impulse patterns on the police tape were recorded by a motorcycle in Dealey Plaza during the assassination.

Let's also keep in mind that the Ramsey Panel admitted that by their own calculations there was a 78% chance that the 145.15 impulse pattern was caused by gunfire from the grassy knoll.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2022, 08:55:31 PM »
Interesting: Not one of the critics in this thread has anything close to the qualifications of Dr. Barger, Dr. Mullen, or Dr. Thomas.

And let's keep in mind that even the Ramsey Panel (NRC/NAS panel) said there was a 93% probability that the locational correlations occurred because the impulse patterns on the police tape were recorded by a motorcycle in Dealey Plaza during the assassination.

Let's also keep in mind that the Ramsey Panel admitted that by their own calculations there was a 78% chance that the 145.15 impulse pattern was caused by gunfire from the grassy knoll.

Excuse me?  What qualifications does Don Thomas have with the acoustics?  His paper released in 2001 was disputed by Michael O'Dell.  Why? How?  Thomas was using inferior copies of channel 2 Dallas police recording to perform his timing analysis with.  He used the copy made during 1964 by DPD Communications Supervisor James C. Bowles.  That was a big mistake because many transmissions were missing words--which threw off the timing, some transmissions were completely absent from the Bowles copy.  All because of these factors, Thomas's timing was well off base.

He concurred that Michael O'Dell was correct, and that was the end of that.

Then, he decided to try again. And he failed at his second try as well.  You can read about it here:    https://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2007/07/of-crosstalk-and-bells-rebuttal-to-don.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2022, 08:55:31 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2022, 10:34:10 PM »
Why would Bowles’ copy be missing anything?

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2022, 04:35:38 PM »
Why would Bowles’ copy be missing anything?

You'll find the answer here.  This has been available on the internet since 1997 on John McAdams website, and has been accessed for TV documentaries and books over the years. :  https://www.jfk-assassination.net/barber.htm 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2022, 04:35:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2022, 05:07:08 PM »
Thanks Steve. That’s an interesting read. But unfortunately it doesn’t answer the question of why Bowles’ copy would be missing anything.

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2023, 03:25:49 AM »
Thompson doesn't understand the acoustics at all.  He supports the gigantic erroneous conclusions of Don Thomas.  Apparently, you are not aware the there is a huge chapter on the acoustics in the book Reclaiming History by Vince Bugliosi.  The entire history of the Dictabelt recording and the acoustics in general is covered  from the moment Mary Ferrell uttered the words "Dallas police recordings" to the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) pre-trial hearings.  Bugliosi covered every , single  aspect and detail--most of it it unknown to students of the assassination--within that long chapter.  Not only was Thomas' theory destroyed in 2004 mostly through the work of one Michael O'Dell, but by the Ramsey panel scientists who regrouped to examine and rebut Thomas second failed attempt at claiming the HSCA was correct.  Michael O'Dell, alone, disproved Thomas' first attempt to defend the conclusions reached by the BBN and W&A scientists, which Thomas produced in 2001. It's all available online.  I then provided further proof that Thomas' second attmpt at defending the HSCA acoustic experts fails hugely by providing proof that Thomas' nonsense about an instance of crosstalk occurring about 3 seconds before the first "Impulse" that the HSCA  acoustic experts claimed was the first of 4 gunshots they claim they found.  Not only is my work at destroying Thomas's "crosstalk" claim included within the acoustics chapter in Reclaiming History, I also was published on the Internet rebutting Thomas's claim that Vince Bugliosi and I were "Bamboozled", when Thomas tried rebutting what I pointed out in Reclaiming History about the "crosstalk" instance Thomas uses as the basis of his conclusion that the HSCA was correct.  Since most conspiracy buffs refuse to read Reclaiming History I suggest reading my article, which is very brief and to the point, and proves once and for always that what Thomas claims is "crosstalk" is not "crosstalk" at all.  Please read:  http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2007/07/of-crosstalk-and-bells-rebuttal-to-don.html 

Mr. Griffith, Thompson's book does not prove that the HSCA were correct at all.  Had I known what Mr. Thompson was doing with the acoustics for his book, I would have shared this information with him, which could have caused him to hesitate supporting the Don Thomas conclusion.  He was more interested in the history of what took place when I discovered the Sheriff Decker crosstalk that disproved the gunshot theory on the Dictabelt.
This thread might be the main skirmish on this forum re dictabelt stuff.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 03:26:32 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2023, 03:25:49 AM »