Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How the CIA would have got rid of JFK (if they wanted to)  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Gerry Down

How the CIA would have got rid of JFK (if they wanted to)
« on: January 22, 2021, 03:41:49 PM »
Advertisement
In the 1960's, the CIA were engaging in dirty tricks of setting up soviet officers with prostitutes, then filming them in bed, and then threatening to show the footage to their wives if they did not pass on secret information to them.

It seems to me that if the CIA wanted to get rid of JFK, they would have just gone down this route. Film him in bed on one of his many escapades, and then release this footage to the press. This would have derailed his 1964 campaign, making it more likely the pro-war Richard Nixon would have been made president, and in this way the CIA/military industrial complex would get to continue and ramp up the Vietnam war.

So why would the CIA/military industrial complex go to all the complex trouble of assassinating JFK and setting up a patsy (i.e Oswald) and altering this autopsy footage/x-rays rather than simply film JFK in bed with someone and then release that to the press?

I don't think there is a good answer to that other than the CIA/military industrial complex had nothing to do with what happened in Dealey Plaza.

JFK Assassination Forum

How the CIA would have got rid of JFK (if they wanted to)
« on: January 22, 2021, 03:41:49 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

Re: How the CIA would have got rid of JFK (if they wanted to)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 04:15:48 PM »
In the 1960's, the CIA were engaging in dirty tricks of setting up soviet officers with prostitutes, then filming them in bed, and then threatening to show the footage to their wives if they did not pass on secret information to them.

It seems to me that if the CIA wanted to get rid of JFK, they would have just gone down this route. Film him in bed on one of his many escapades, and then release this footage to the press. This would have derailed his 1964 campaign, making it more likely the pro-war Richard Nixon would have been made president, and in this way the CIA/military industrial complex would get to continue and ramp up the Vietnam war.

So why would the CIA/military industrial complex go to all the complex trouble of assassinating JFK and setting up a patsy (i.e Oswald) and altering this autopsy footage/x-rays rather than simply film JFK in bed with someone and then release that to the press?

I don't think there is a good answer to that other than the CIA/military industrial complex had nothing to do with what happened in Dealey Plaza.
"They" were smarter than us and decided to shoot him in broad daylight in the middle of a crowded street with numerous people with cameras filming it.

Not only that: they decided to shoot him from in front and then collect all the material and alter it to make it look like he was shot from behind.

Then "they" assembled a collection of distinguished men - several with long careers in the law - to cover all of this up. Knowing that all would be quiet about their treason for the rest of their lives and that everyone otherwise involved would remain silent. Everyone from waitresses and cab drivers and shoe salesmen and warehouse workers and steamfitters to presidents. All would keep their secret.

Then "they" altered the Dominion voting machines. Oops, that's another conspiracy.

In conspiracy world everything looks simple and easy to do. "They" can do anything and everything. Plan it out, execute it, keep it quiet. Everything looks simple to do if you read conspiracy books.

It's nonsense, it's lunacy.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:35:29 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »
So sad when you find it hard to believe your nation is above such skullduggery. I almost have some sympathy for you, because you've, no doubt, been brainwashed to believe you come from an 'exceptional' nation. A place where removing leaders is only for the third world & not on your doorstep.

Even though the CIA/Industrial complex forcefully removed/assassinated many leaders of sovereign nations that didn't suit their plans. You are unable to accept the sad reality that the chaos your nation has inflicted upon other nations for many years was brought home to roost. Just keep saying it never happened.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »

Johnson needed to get the reins of power....( to avoid going to prison)  JFK Had to be completely eliminated....

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 05:35:09 PM »
So sad when you find it hard to believe your nation is above such skullduggery.

I don't think the country is above skullduggery. I'm saying that one form of skullduggery (filming JFK in bed with someone other than his wife and releasing the footage to the press) is significantly easier to pull off than another form of skullduggery (assassinating JFK, setting up a patsy, altering autopsy photos/x-rays etc). So why not pull off the easier form of skullduggery?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 05:35:09 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 06:26:01 PM »
If one has a preconceived notion one way or the other then they can try to explain the motivation of either the CIA/Mob/Military Industrial Complex, or LHO. However, Gerry makes a good point. Why would the CIA choose to get rid of JFK by assassination versus another much easier and less risky way.

And my additional point is that we are talking about the same (highly efficient - NOT) CIA/Mob/Military that tried many times and ways to get rid of little ole Fidel Castro....

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 06:33:40 PM »
I don't think the country is above skullduggery. I'm saying that one form of skullduggery (filming JFK in bed with someone other than his wife and releasing the footage to the press) is significantly easier to pull off than another form of skullduggery (assassinating JFK, setting up a patsy, altering autopsy photos/x-rays etc). So why not pull off the easier form of skullduggery?
This is the conspiracy worldview you are trying to respond to. That is because "the government" - and it's always presented as some sort of monolithic, single entity when in reality it's a bureaucracy made up of thousands of real human beings - is capable of "skullduggery" then it's capable of any skullduggery.

There are no limits in JFK conspiracy world in what "the government" can do. So "they" didn't worry about pulling out this multilayered intricate plots that involved all sorts of people and agencies and institutions. Which then all remained silent about what they did.

And we're not even addressing the question as to why they would need to kill JFK. He was not going to "end the Cold War" or "pull out of Vietnam." Not at the time of his death. Maybe he would have withdrawn from Vietnam but on November 22, 1963 he had no plans to. That's what McNamara said, that's what Rusk said, that's what Bundy said, that's what RFK said, that's what the Pentagon Papers show. They had no plans to withdraw because they still thought American power would win out. Why plan to withdraw if you're confident you can win?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 06:33:40 PM »

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 06:40:30 PM »
If one has a preconceived notion one way or the other then they can try to explain the motivation of either the CIA/Mob/Military Industrial Complex, or LHO. However, Gerry makes a good point. Why would the CIA choose to get rid of JFK by assassination versus another much easier and less risky way.

And my additional point is that we are talking about the same (highly efficient - NOT) CIA/Mob/Military that tried many times and ways to get rid of little ole Fidel Castro....
And the Castro attempts were simply to eliminate him. Not frame another person and then cover all of that up. And then have a fake investigation (two in fact) that also covered all of that up.

And then all of this kept silent - the people involved for the next half century remained silent.

Forget about whether they would do it or try to: just think about the logistics in planning it (nobody said no?), carrying it out, and keeping it all under wraps. It is impossible. But conspiracists see no limits in what "the government" can do. Literally none.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:46:44 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »