Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Hoist on his Own Petard  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Hoist on his Own Petard
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 11:14:02 PM »
Advertisement
"What's done cannot be undone..."

'Lost the will to live/Nothing more to give'
-Metallica

Amen to that..

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 11:14:02 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 11:19:27 PM »

Trump has three characteristics:

1.   Totally amoral.
2.   Cannot understand other people. He projects his own values onto others.
3.   Prefers to win through some clever scheme over an honest approach.

If he was totally amoral, but dispassionate on how to maximize his odds of winning, I think he would have chosen the “honest” straight-forward approach, and just advised his voters to use mail in ballots.

How to argue with Trump supporters:

Don’t point out how immoral or racist Trump is. Don’t point out logical reasons why we know the election was fair. That the manual recounts matched the machine counts. That the mail in ballot voter signature matched what was on file.

Instead, point out how ridiculous Trump was to pursue the course he did. Discourage his voters from using mail in ballots, which depressed their votes. And then tried to get the mail in ballots tossed out after the election. In case after case, even Republican appointed judges, even Trump appointed judges, pointed out that you can’t do that. If they should not be counted you need to bring suit before the election. Waiting till afterwards is too late. Something Trump should have anticipated.

As George S. Patton said “America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser. Point out how ridiculous Trump is. Once they realize that, it will be much easier for them to see that the election was fair. But as long as they see him as a winner, you are not going to get anywhere.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 11:23:12 PM »
I never claimed to be a Shakespearean scholar. But my main point is intact. Trump really blew it.

He can take solace in the fact that he won't be impeached a third time

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 11:23:12 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 11:24:49 PM »

'He blowed up good... he blowed up real good'

Yep. Trump sure did. I think Candy put it better than Shakespeare.

I don’t mind misquoting Shakespeare. I just hope I never misquote Candy. If I ever do then I blowed up, I blowed up real good.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 11:27:41 PM by Joe Elliott »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 12:06:33 AM »
Trump has three characteristics:

1.   Totally amoral.
2.   Cannot understand other people. He projects his own values onto others.
3.   Prefers to win through some clever scheme over an honest approach.

If he was totally amoral, but dispassionate on how to maximize his odds of winning, I think he would have chosen the “honest” straight-forward approach, and just advised his voters to use mail in ballots.

How to argue with Trump supporters:

Don’t point out how immoral or racist Trump is. Don’t point out logical reasons why we know the election was fair. That the manual recounts matched the machine counts. That the mail in ballot voter signature matched what was on file.

Instead, point out how ridiculous Trump was to pursue the course he did. Discourage his voters from using mail in ballots, which depressed their votes. And then tried to get the mail in ballots tossed out after the election. In case after case, even Republican appointed judges, even Trump appointed judges, pointed out that you can’t do that. If they should not be counted you need to bring suit before the election. Waiting till afterwards is too late. Something Trump should have anticipated.

As George S. Patton said “America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser. Point out how ridiculous Trump is. Once they realize that, it will be much easier for them to see that the election was fair. But as long as they see him as a winner, you are not going to get anywhere.

You are so stuck up your own arse. You write all this political guff like your opinion even matters.

It's actually hilarious you copy and pasted a help guide to combat Trump supporters trolling you. You do seem part of a breed of bed wetters that cannot handle any disagreement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 12:06:33 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 12:53:30 AM »

You are so stuck up your own arse. You write all this political guff like your opinion even matters.

It's actually hilarious you copy and pasted a help guide to combat Trump supporters trolling you. You do seem part of a breed of bed wetters that cannot handle any disagreement

Its amazing how I can make so many posts without making crude personal insults to others. But others do not seem capable of this.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 01:01:05 AM »

'He blowed up good... he blowed up real good'

John Candy & Joe Flaherty/Second City 1970's

Now I know why Red Necks love Trump so much:

Big Jim: I told you. I told you that if we got Trump he blow up.
The Other Fellow: You’re right Big Jim.
Big Jim: Ordered an assault on Congress!
The Other Fellow: Yup. He blowed up. He blowed up reeeal good.
Big Jim: We gotten get him back in 2024.
The Other Fellow: You think he can match this in 2029?
Big Jim: Sure, he’ll get back the football.
The Other Fellow: Wow. We will all blow up. We will all blow up reeeal good.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 01:01:05 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 01:05:00 AM »

Seriously. I wish the press would stop harping on how racist Trump supporters are. And how that election was actually fair. And just start concentrating on how dumb he was to tell his supporters to not use mail in ballots. Give us some good estimates on how many votes that cost him. That, more than anything, would cause him to lose support. But I haven’t seen much of this.