Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went inside with the curtain rods  (Read 84729 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Then went inside with the curtain rods
« Reply #888 on: December 31, 2021, 11:49:53 PM »
Advertisement

Why didn’t the speculative Person who found these rods come forward and declare such finding?

They did--------the rods were turned over to the 'investigating' authorities

Probably because they met with a car accident like Lee Bowers soon after turning in the bag to the DPD?

No-----------they were shown this as proof that the matter had been 'thoroughly investigated':

If that person nevertheless at some point in the future were to come forward and talk about having found two rods marked '27.5' & '27.6' in the Depository after the assassination, then their claim could be dismissed as an 'obvious hoax' on the basis of the now publicly known fact that two rods taken from the Paine garage were marked as Commission Exhibits 275 & 276.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #888 on: December 31, 2021, 11:49:53 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #889 on: December 31, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »
They did--------the rods were turned over to the 'investigating' authorities

No-----------they were shown this as proof that the matter had been 'thoroughly investigated':

If that person nevertheless at some point in the future were to come forward and talk about having found two rods marked '27.5' & '27.6' in the Depository after the assassination, then their claim could be dismissed as an 'obvious hoax' on the basis of the now publicly known fact that two rods taken from the Paine garage were marked as Commission Exhibits 275 & 276.

Not this debunked nonsense yet again!  Why would the rods be marked 27.5 and 27.6?  LOL.  And there are no such decimal points.  Those are the WC exhibit numbers assigned to the curtain rods removed from Paine's garage - 275 and 276.  Unbelievable.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #890 on: January 01, 2022, 12:11:21 AM »
Not this debunked nonsense yet again!  Why would the rods be marked 27.5 and 27.6?

Already explained, Mr Smith---------those were the exact length markings

LOL.  And there are no such decimal points.

Oh but there is for '27.5'. The ink for '27.6' may simply not have transferred if Lt. Day was writing in haste

Those are the WC exhibit numbers assigned to the curtain rods removed from Paine's garage - 275 and 276.  Unbelievable.

Unbelievable indeed that two curtain rods from the Paine garage would be
a) submitted to the lab
b) marked with those numbers
8 days before being
a) taken from the Paine garage
b) marked with those numbers.

What you or your Warren Gullible friends have never been able to explain, Mr Smith, is why the numbers 275 and 276 were assigned by the WC to the Paine garage curtain rods in the first place. Why those numbers? Hm? Have you got an answer?

Thought not!  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #890 on: January 01, 2022, 12:11:21 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #891 on: January 01, 2022, 01:23:19 AM »
Now! Let us reconstruct some of the steps.....

1. Two curtain rods marked with the digits 2-7-5 and 2-7-6 are found in the Depository at some point after the assassination. The employee who finds them likely takes note of their appearance and of the markings, and likely mentions the discovery to several colleagues

2. The employee civic-mindedly brings the find to the attention of the 'investigating' authorities, who promise to look into the matter thoroughly

3. On the morning of 15 March the two rods are submitted to the Crime Lab by Agent Howlett for testing for Mr Oswald's fingerprints. Agent Howlett emerges with a B/W copy of the sign-in sheet that looks like this (alterations=erasures in the below image by me, A.F.):

4. Nine days later, Agent Howlett returns and the two rods are released back to him. He emerges with a copy of the form that now has had release details added:

5. This, however, is NOT the version of the form that will go into public evidence in the WC volumes. What the public will see will be this, with a different sign-out date, newly written (though identical) time and new signature from Lt. Day:

This new version has been created using not the (colored ink) original but a copy made 3/15/64. Here once again is what THAT copy would have looked like:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #892 on: January 01, 2022, 03:25:44 AM »
So we have two different release dates on two different versions of the form:
DATE A: 3/24/64
DATE B: 3/26/64

Well! The date we see on this curtain-rod-fingerprinting evidence card from Lt. Day just so happens to be sandwiched between the two dates above:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:26:44 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #892 on: January 01, 2022, 03:25:44 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #893 on: January 01, 2022, 03:37:43 AM »

What you or your Warren Gullible friends have never been able to explain, Mr Smith, is why the numbers 275 and 276 were assigned by the WC to the Paine garage curtain rods in the first place. Why those numbers? Hm? Have you got an answer?

Thought not!  :D

Let's help Mr Smith, shall we?

Where did the number 270 come from as the number at which to start marking the RuthPaine Exhibits?

Well, I guess it's a little more subtle than Messrs Jenner & Howlett saying 'The heck with it, we'll just start with 275 and go straight for the damn curtain rods, which are the only reason we came all the way out here to Irving'..........

And remember! First thing tomorrow morning, the two curtain rods submitted to the crime lab 8 days ago will be formally released back to Agent Howlett----------yes, the selfsame man who is at this moment in the Paine garage in Irving solemnly 'receiving' two curtain rods on the record!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:53:10 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #894 on: August 03, 2022, 09:25:33 PM »
An outstanding find by the redoubtable Mr Pat Speer--------------

Here's his commentary (emphasis in bold mine, A.F.):

[...] Well, this led me to wonder if these rods weren't in fact some rods found in the depository, and if Oswald had actually brought some rods to work.. Upon further reading I realized that Oswald's landlady had told the FBI that she had in fact replaced a damaged curtain rod in Oswald's room on the morning after the assassination. So this led me to wonder how Joe Ball handled this when he questioned her on 4-1-64. Well, he didn't. Although the FBI was asked to talk to Mrs. Johnson on 3-16-64, the FBI failed to forward their report on their interview with Mrs. Johnson, in which she admitted sh'd replaced a damaged curtain rod on the morning of the 23rd, till 4-2-64. Well, this made little sense. The commission asked the FBI to talk to the Johnsons. Did they really turn around and take their testimony before reading the FBI's report? And, if so, did they really fail to follow up on the contents of the FBI's report, after being told there had been a damaged curtain rod in Oswald's room?

I then realized that every version of the FBI's report, in all the available files, had an anomaly. The date 4-1-64 had been changed to 4-2-64 on all the reports.

Well, this made me suspect that Ball knew about the damaged curtain rods when he spoke to the Johnsons on 4-1, and then roped the FBI into covering up his tracks.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #894 on: August 03, 2022, 09:25:33 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #895 on: August 05, 2022, 06:11:24 AM »
An outstanding find by the redoubtable Mr Pat Speer--------------

Here's his commentary (emphasis in bold mine, A.F.):

[...] Well, this led me to wonder if these rods weren't in fact some rods found in the depository, and if Oswald had actually brought some rods to work.. Upon further reading I realized that Oswald's landlady had told the FBI that she had in fact replaced a damaged curtain rod in Oswald's room on the morning after the assassination. So this led me to wonder how Joe Ball handled this when he questioned her on 4-1-64. Well, he didn't. Although the FBI was asked to talk to Mrs. Johnson on 3-16-64, the FBI failed to forward their report on their interview with Mrs. Johnson, in which she admitted sh'd replaced a damaged curtain rod on the morning of the 23rd, till 4-2-64. Well, this made little sense. The commission asked the FBI to talk to the Johnsons. Did they really turn around and take their testimony before reading the FBI's report? And, if so, did they really fail to follow up on the contents of the FBI's report, after being told there had been a damaged curtain rod in Oswald's room?

I then realized that every version of the FBI's report, in all the available files, had an anomaly. The date 4-1-64 had been changed to 4-2-64 on all the reports.

Well, this made me suspect that Ball knew about the damaged curtain rods when he spoke to the Johnsons on 4-1, and then roped the FBI into covering up his tracks.

Thumb1:

Interesting about the damaged curtain rod and then we have the transposed "2" over the "1".