Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: "Bone Flap"  (Read 8711 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: "Bone Flap"
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »
Advertisement
Jack_White_35mm_slide.

It's been said elsewhere Robin but I must compliment you on the standard of graphics you've been posting of late.
Really fantastic.

That said, the BF is obvious. The front of the dark shadow above JFK's ear ends in a straight line which seems to correspond with the edge of the BF.
The 'crown' of JFK's head appears to be completely missing (ie: blown clean off - Harper fragment?)
Can't really make out what the light area at the top/front of JFK's head represents.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »
Jack_White_35mm_slide.

One final observation:

The bottom pic appears to show a massive defect coming out of the back of JFK's head.
Just a couple of inches above his shirt collar at the back, sticking straight out of the back of his head.

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 03:11:29 PM »
JFK Lancer

For research purposes only.

President Kennedy's Autopsy was carried out at Bethesda Naval Hospital on November 22-23, 1963. The official autopsy photographs have never been published and are under seal at the National Archives.

On November 23, 1963, James K. Fox, photographer with the Intelligence Division of the US Secret Service, was given the autopsy film holders by JFK's personal physician, Admiral George Burkley, and told to develop them. On three occassions, he supervised their processing. According to Fox, Secret Service Agent Roy Kellerman said to make himself copies as they would be history someday. He made three sets of black and white autopsy photo prints at the Secret Service lab. On November 27, 1963, additional official copies were made at the National Photographic Interpretation Center (NPIC).

In 1981, those pictures were sold to JFK researcher Mark Crouch. During this time copies of the photos were given to several JFK researchers. Fox died in 1987. Writer David Lifton published the Fox set in "Best Evidence" (1988 Carrol & Graf Reprint). Later the photos were published in other books. Crouch retired from research in 1993 and sold his JFK assassination collection, including negatives made from the photos, to researcher Walt Brown who continues to make them available to researchers.

In 1992, the official autopsy photos were specifically exempted from the JFK Records Act and will not be released. ARRB Senior Staffer Doug Horne stated that after viewing digital copies of the original photos, he noted the Fox unofficial photos are cropped differently and are degraded as compared to the originals in the National Archives but are basically the same. Some photos taken at the autopsy missing and are not now a part of the official collection. Horne's further, specific comments on the photos are available here. (1998 JFK Lancer Conference)

The color photos were obtained by JFK researcher and amateur photographer Robert Groden who served as an upaid consultant to the House Select Committee on Assassinations. Groden photographed the color autopsy photos without permission. Groden was paid by "The Globe" tabloid at their 1991 printing of those photos and has also published them in his books.

The photos on our website are the "Lifton" copies named as he included them in his book, "Best Evidence". The X-rays are exhibits from the HSCA hearings and were obtained by JFK Lancer from the National Archives.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 03:11:29 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 04:58:07 PM »
How could a bullet exiting the back/rear of JFK's head cause a bone/skin flap to emerge on the side of the head? What would cause this flap to blow out or expand from the side? There is no blowout on the side if the blowout is in the back.

And with no side blowout then no skin and bone could blowout as well. I don't see how but I am totally ignorant about forensics science and how the skull/brain reacts to a gunshot.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:18:40 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »
How could a bullet exiting the back/rear of JFK's head cause a bone/skin flap to emerge on the side of the head? What would cause this flap to blow out or expand from the side? There is no blowout on the side if the blowout is in the back.

And with no side blowout then no skin and bone could blowout as well. I don't see how but I am totally ignorant about forensics science and how the skull/brain reacts to a gunshot.

What I find confusing is that so many witnesses appear to describe JFK's head wound as a blowout at the back of his head when the reality is far more catastrophic.
It appears that almost all of the top part of the right side of his skull has been blown off.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 06:05:15 PM »
What I find confusing is that so many witnesses appear to describe JFK's head wound as a blowout at the back of his head when the reality is far more catastrophic.
It appears that almost all of the top part of the right side of his skull has been blown off.

Yes i agree  :)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 06:47:27 PM »
Yes. And the back of the head looks intact. So we have two observations that support one another.

We all recognize that eyewitnesses can be wrong but this shockingly wrong? Including the Parkland doctors? Several of the ER doctors said they saw no skin/bone flap; and others never mentioned seeing it in their accounts. How did they miss it?

The Moorman photo and the Nix film both support, in my considered opinion, what we see in the Zapruder film. And the autopsy photos and x-rays support that.

So we can consider the eyewitness accounts in a rushed/excited environment or the physical evidence and the deliberate autopsy examination. I choose the latter.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 06:47:27 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »