Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Assault on the Capitol  (Read 13237 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Assault on the Capitol
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 01:59:15 AM »
Advertisement

Where was the National Guard today? This is the most telegraphed coup attempt in history. Where were they?

Did Trump order them out of the area? What the hell happened?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 01:59:15 AM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 02:13:33 AM »
Where was the National Guard today? This is the most telegraphed coup attempt in history. Where were they?

Did Trump order them out of the area? What the hell happened?
He's got no control over the National Guard. That's under the control of the Mayor of DC. She called them out yesterday Monday but I don't know why they weren't there.

Story here: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/urging-calm-dc-mayor-calls-national-guard-protests-75038523

The National Guard are under the control of governors or in this case the Mayor. Remember reading that JFK had to "nationalize" or "federalize" the Alabama and Mississippi National Guard units to order them to stop the violence over civil rights integration? That's because the governors Wallace and Barnett wouldn't use them to enforce the integration orders.

Added: Okay, Maggie Haberman of the NY Times tweeted this:

"NEW: Trump initially rebuffed and resisted requests to mobilize the National Guard, according to a person with knowledge of the vents. It required intervention from White House officials to get it done, according to the person with knowledge of the events."

But where was the security? I mean, these thugs storming the Capitol are clowns. Look at these people. I know it's easy for me sitting here to question things but what happened here? Looking at the scene now inside the Capitol there are numerous armed agents/guards in the halls. Where were they today?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:44:28 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 02:48:47 AM »
Impeach him and remove him from office. And bar him from running again.

If his supporters riot then we call out the military and secure the country. Yes, respect their rights, give them a trial, habeas corpus. But now is the time to act.

Trump - and any future president thinking of replicating him - must be told this is not acceptable.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 02:48:47 AM »

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 03:02:09 AM »
From Maggie Haberman of the NY Times: "The president, a senior adviser says, has "lost it." He has been almost impossible to talk to throughout the day today, and has been watching the coverage of the Capitol."

It's like a bad Allen Drury novel. Pence needs to convene the cabinet and remove Trump. That's a short term solution but it may get us through these two weeks.

We have a deranged man in office. No telling what he may try to do.

Added: "This is not news we deliver lightly,” @margbrennan says as she reports: Trump Cabinet secretaries are discussing invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump. Nothing formal yet presented to VP Pence.

"I’m talking about actual members of the Cabinet," she says

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:04:45 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 03:15:52 AM »

He's got no control over the National Guard. That's under the control of the Mayor of DC. She called them out yesterday Monday but I don't know why they weren't there.

Story here: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/urging-calm-dc-mayor-calls-national-guard-protests-75038523

The National Guard are under the control of governors or in this case the Mayor. Remember reading that JFK had to "nationalize" or "federalize" the Alabama and Mississippi National Guard units to order them to stop the violence over civil rights integration? That's because the governors Wallace and Barnett wouldn't use them to enforce the integration orders.

Added: Okay, Maggie Haberman of the NY Times tweeted this:

"NEW: Trump initially rebuffed and resisted requests to mobilize the National Guard, according to a person with knowledge of the vents. It required intervention from White House officials to get it done, according to the person with knowledge of the events."

But where was the security? I mean, these thugs storming the Capitol are clowns. Look at these people. I know it's easy for me sitting here to question things but what happened here? Looking at the scene now inside the Capitol there are numerous armed agents/guards in the halls. Where were they today?

Well, there’s our answer. Trump has control of the National Guard, until he turns it over to a governor, or in this case, the mayor.

So here is how it must of went down. Just as General Benedict Arnold order as many troops away from West Point, opening up the vital fortress of West Point, and possibly General George Washington himself, to capture by the British army, President Trump did something similar. He may have ordered the National Guard units as far away as possible. In any case, when the Capitol was seized, the mayor of Washington D. C. frantically tried to contact the President, to release the control of the National Guard to her immediately. Trumps advisers told him he must do so. But he kept himself out of communication.

The military would not support his coup attempt. The National Guard would not support his coup attempt. The Washington D. C. police would not support his coup attempt. So, he ordered the only force he had some control over. The Proud Boys and their cohorts. And made certain that the National Guard was not ready and could not be used by anyone as long as possible. And they came within a minute or two of seizing the Vice President, Senators, Congressmen and the ballots themselves. And could be threatened to declare Trump the winner. Unbelievable. Trump only relented when it because clear that they have come close, but failed.

Why could this not have been seen in advance? I remember checking to see who was the general who was head of the local National Guard a couple of weeks ago and I thought everything was going to be taken care of.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 03:15:52 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 03:58:34 AM »
I suspect some of this grew out of when the Senate "lawmakers" became a millionaires' club and the tool of lobbyists. Same frustration and isolated acts of violence seen during the BLM marches.

Look at the missed opportunities. Obama (whose own administration choose not to do much for blacks ( Link ) followed by Trump. All the remarkable "change" candidates (Buttigieg, Warren, Sanders, Klobuchar) brushed aside for a 78-year-old "safe" choice.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 06:40:36 AM »
When that female rioter was shot, I wonder if the other rioters used a Trump flag to make a Blood Banner.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 06:40:36 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 06:56:35 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/capitol-police-weren-t-prepared-for-rioters-authorities-say/ar-BB1cwWq2?ocid=msedgntp

Federal authorities had planned to deal with protests this week with a relatively small, minimally visible presence, according to law-enforcement officials, hoping to avoid inflaming tensions as a show of force had done during unrest last year in Portland, Ore., and other cities.

Are you kidding me? This was the most blatant coup attempt in history. Trump was planning this, just in case, before the election.

September: To White Supremacists groups “Stand back and standby”
December: “Be there” . . . “It will be wild”
Last Sunday: Arranged a massive demonstration, within walking distance of the Capitol, at the same time Congress is meeting, “I will be there” . . . “will be wild”

And that caught you be surprise?

The guy in charge. Fired immediately. And place under arrest. Or at least questioned. How could someone be this stupid? Easy. If they were a Trump supporter and looked the other way. That, in my mind, is the most likely possibility, until proven otherwise. But for now, assume it is true. Get him out of command now.

The only equivalent I can think of, is the opening sense in Woody Allen’s movie “Bananas”, where there is a coup attempt, that everyone knows about, including Howard Cosell, who is there to cover it. Everyone knows except the Dictator, who gets shot and then immediately interviewed by Howard Cosell. But everyone else knows about it. Talk about Life imitating Art. What made it so funny was it was so unbelievable.

This coup came within an ace of working. They Senators and Congressmen were just on the other side of the doors. If the rioters had prepared guns ahead of time, had a car drive up at the last minute filled with weapons, it would have worked. But using just chemical sprays, crowbars and sheer numbers, it almost worked.

Get that guy fired.