Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Chief/Main Author of the Warren Commission Report Was...  (Read 3237 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The Chief/Main Author of the Warren Commission Report Was...
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 06:41:45 PM »
Advertisement
Redlich took on McCarthy and the hysteria of the Red Scare. This was not a man who was going to coverup an essentially fascist takeover of the US government. Maybe he was all wrong, maybe Oswald was innocent. But to claim that the Warren Commission Report was a deliberate lie, a fantasy made to fool the public is to claim that Redlich was the ringleader of this lie.

I’m sure he genuinely believed that Oswald did it. That doesn’t mean that the WC was a fair process or that their conclusions were proven or even correct. They had a foregone conclusion at the outset.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:57:16 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 06:41:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 07:36:57 PM »
I’m sure he genuinely believed that Oswald did it. That doesn’t mean that the WC was a fair process or that their conclusions were proven or even correct. They had a foregone conclusion at the outset.

He was at the very center of the investigation. If you believe the report was a lie then you have to believe - indeed you must, that he was the main liar behind it.

"I’m sure he genuinely believed that Oswald did it. That doesn’t mean that the WC was a fair process or that their conclusions were proven or even correct. They had a foregone conclusion at the outset."

"I’m sure he genuinely believed that Oswald did it"

If you truly believe that....Then you must also believe that Redlich was naive  and stupid. ( And I doubt that you believe that )

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 02:08:51 AM »
From the Endnotes in Vincent Bugliosi's book on the assassination and his discussion with Redlich on the "single bullet theory."

"In any event, in September of 2005, though I [i.e., Bugliosi] had earlier tried to locate Norman Redlich (not listed in the New York City phone directory), my secretary, Rosemary, found on the Internet that he was on the board of trustees of Vermont Law School, which in turn directed me to his New York City law office where he was, at the then age of eighty, "of counsel" to a corporate law firm. The modest and reserved Redlich, who had been executive editor of the Yale Law Journal in law school and served for years as dean of the New York University Law School, has never blown his own horn nor spoken out or tried to exploit his immense contribution to the Warren Commission and its report. Unlike Specter, who is a politician, and who with justification trumpeted his many achievements, when I asked Redlich if he wanted to make any general comment on the case for my book, he said, "Well, I've maintained quite a silence through the years. Whatever I know about the assassination is in the report and that's still the case. We worked very hard, and I'm still proud of what we accomplished."

Bugliosi continues: "I give the reader this prelude to the main reason why I called Redlich as an indication that this is someone of considerable substance and stature who is certainly not likely to distort the official record for his own self-aggrandizement. When I asked him if, indeed, Arlen Specter, was the sole author of the single-bullet theory, his exact words were, "No, we all came to this conclusion simultaneously." When I asked him whom he meant by "we," he said, "Arlen, myself, Howard Willens, David Belin, and Mel Eisenberg." I sensed in his words that there may have been others. He said, "We discussed this issue at great length" and added that the later reconstruction tests in Dallas (where he said, "I went up to the sniper's nest window with Arlen and he and I looked through the telescopic sight and saw how the bodies of Kennedy and Connally were in alignment at frame 210") had "substantiated our conclusion."

When I asked him to comment on Specter leading people to believe that it was he who came up with the single-bullet theory, he responded, "I like Arlen and have always gotten along well with him and don't want to get into a dispute with him over this. I've never felt the urge or desire to take issue with Arlen taking the credit. He certainly played an important role." (Telephone interview of Norman Redlich by author on September 6, 2005)

Nothing "happened" to Redlich. He wasn't blackmailed, he didn't lie. Maybe he got it all wrong; maybe they all did. But these smears and defamations that he and the other lied about what happened are just that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 02:08:51 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 02:23:25 AM »
From the Endnotes in Vincent Bugliosi's book on the assassination and his discussion with Redlich on the "single bullet theory."

"In any event, in September of 2005, though I [i.e., Bugliosi] had earlier tried to locate Norman Redlich (not listed in the New York City phone directory), my secretary, Rosemary, found on the Internet that he was on the board of trustees of Vermont Law School, which in turn directed me to his New York City law office where he was, at the then age of eighty, "of counsel" to a corporate law firm. The modest and reserved Redlich, who had been executive editor of the Yale Law Journal in law school and served for years as dean of the New York University Law School, has never blown his own horn nor spoken out or tried to exploit his immense contribution to the Warren Commission and its report. Unlike Specter, who is a politician, and who with justification trumpeted his many achievements, when I asked Redlich if he wanted to make any general comment on the case for my book, he said, "Well, I've maintained quite a silence through the years. Whatever I know about the assassination is in the report and that's still the case. We worked very hard, and I'm still proud of what we accomplished."

Bugliosi continues: "I give the reader this prelude to the main reason why I called Redlich as an indication that this is someone of considerable substance and stature who is certainly not likely to distort the official record for his own self-aggrandizement. When I asked him if, indeed, Arlen Specter, was the sole author of the single-bullet theory, his exact words were, "No, we all came to this conclusion simultaneously." When I asked him whom he meant by "we," he said, "Arlen, myself, Howard Willens, David Belin, and Mel Eisenberg." I sensed in his words that there may have been others. He said, "We discussed this issue at great length" and added that the later reconstruction tests in Dallas (where he said, "I went up to the sniper's nest window with Arlen and he and I looked through the telescopic sight and saw how the bodies of Kennedy and Connally were in alignment at frame 210") had "substantiated our conclusion."

When I asked him to comment on Specter leading people to believe that it was he who came up with the single-bullet theory, he responded, "I like Arlen and have always gotten along well with him and don't want to get into a dispute with him over this. I've never felt the urge or desire to take issue with Arlen taking the credit. He certainly played an important role." (Telephone interview of Norman Redlich by author on September 6, 2005)

Nothing "happened" to Redlich. He wasn't blackmailed, he didn't lie. Maybe he got it all wrong; maybe they all did. But these smears and defamations that he and the other lied about what happened are just that.

when I asked Redlich if he wanted to make any general comment on the case for my book, he said, "Well, I've maintained quite a silence through the years. Whatever I know about the assassination is in the report and that's still the case. We worked very hard, and I'm still proud of what we accomplished."

Whatever I know about the assassination is in the report

Which basically says it all. He was given the information and wrote it down......

I've never felt the urge or desire to take issue with Arlen taking the credit {for the SBT]. He certainly played an important role."

And there is the "don't rock the boat" qualifier.

If they weren't so pathetic, Galbraith's childish attempts to legitimize the WC report, without taking an notice of the counter claims, would actually be amusing. And the funniest thing of all is that he really believes he's on to something with his series of post.

Could you please show us where anybody, except you, has ever claimed that something happened to Redlich or that he was blackmailed? In fact, could you show us where somebody, except you, has ever said that he lied about what happened?

I'll offer a safe bet; you won't respond to these questions. Instead you will ignore them, which basically and more than anything else demonstrates the actual weakness of your entire argument.

You and "Richard Smith" should get together. You'd be best buddies in la la la land.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:35:34 AM by Martin Weidmann »