Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lyndon Johnson for 2024  (Read 6153 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lyndon Johnson for 2024
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 06:54:41 PM »
Advertisement
Do you believe that same mind set applied to the Warren Commission investigators? Or do you believe that each one of them would have wanted to be the one who uncovered a conspiracy?

That would have required an actual investigation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 06:54:41 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 07:28:07 PM »
  According to those closest to LBJ, including Bobby Baker, LBJ was responsible for at least 8 murders, including JFK and his own sister.  Multiple authors have reported the same things. Don't forget that the Russians investigated the assassination for nearly two years and concluded that LBJ was the prime suspect. Johnson's behavior on 11/22/63 is worth a book by itself. Why did LBJ harass JFK to insist his arch enemy Yarborough ride in the president's car for the Dallas motorcade instead of his best friend Connnally? Is this a possible indication of foreknowledge?
   The cover up seems to have begun very quickly. LBJ commandeered Air Force 1 immediately and insisted on being sworn in on the plane, even though he was already president. I don't know how much he influenced the autopsy, but there are so many outrageous reports about what happened at Bethesda, the mind boggles. Also, it seems rather suspicious that Johnson called Parkland Hospital trying to get a death bed confession from the attending surgeons trying to save LHO.
  Johnson was facing prosecution and was likely to be dumped from the '64 ticket. His political career depended upon JFK's removal. Johnson certainly did everything he could to cover up the conspiracy that killed JFK. His pal Hoover is also one of the most evil characters in American history and his cover up for the real killers should be clearly illustrated for the history books. He was the perfect accomplice to cover up the assassination. Fortunately, we are getting more answers due to the diligence of independent researchers. Who had more to gain from JFK's death than LBJ?

Johnson was facing prosecution and was likely to be dumped from the '64 ticket. His political career depended upon JFK's removal. Johnson certainly did everything he could to cover up the conspiracy that killed JFK. His pal Hoover is also one of the most evil characters in American history and his cover up for the real killers should be clearly illustrated for the history books.

Well Said, Jim......  It should be obvious to even the simplest of minds that the lynchpin of the coup d e'tat was LBJ.   I doubt that he was the mastermind behind the coup....But when Hoover informed him of the plot ( hatched by ex-CIA agents and Cuban BOP survivors) that his FBI agents had uncovered, both LBJ  and Hoover,  recognized that their deliverance was at hand., and they endorsed and supported the scheme.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 12:49:15 AM »
Who had more to gain from JFK's death than LBJ?
Fidel Castro (LHO’s hero)!
When are you ever going to get it right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 12:49:15 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 12:56:06 AM »
When are you ever going to get it right?

Get what right? You think someone had more to gain than Castro?

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 03:04:23 AM »

Get what right? You think someone had more to gain than Castro?

Easily the American Mafia

JFK's death ensured an end to RFK's war on organized crime.

The Mob's decline began when Hoover's reign at the FBI ended...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 03:04:23 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2021, 03:11:24 AM »
Easily the American Mafia

JFK's death ensured an end to RFK's war on organized crime.

The Mob's decline began when Hoover's reign at the FBI ended...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_attempts_on_Fidel_Castro

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 07:03:46 PM »
That comment wasn't directed at you.

My point was, Johnson didn't want to know if there was a conspiracy because he didn't want to deal with the consequences. He had suspicions but didn't want to investigate the conspiratorial leads. He didn't ask the questions that he didn't want to know the answers to...
What evidence is there that he restricted the ability of the WC to look for a conspiracy? The WC staffers, a few still alive, say there were no orders not to look for a conspiracy. You've said he covered up for one. How? The fact that HE didn't want to look is not the same as saying the WC or HSCA or CBS or The Washington Post or ABC News or the NY Times didn't. We haven't just had one investigation over these decades. We've had multiple ones.

I've cited Norman Redlich, the main author of the report. He died in 2003 or nearly 40 years after the assassination. I don't think he ever said he was told not to look for one or that, in retrospect, he was misled/controlled/manipulated. The only staffer that I know of who has complained about being misled was/is David Slawson. He has stated that he thinks Cuban agents encouraged Oswald to shoot JFK and that the CIA withheld information about this. But that's not really a conspiracy.

You say LBJ didn't want to know if there was a conspiracy and then you say he thought there was one (by Castro).  But the latter statement by him - that he believed Castro was behind it in retaliation for the assassination attempts against him - came AFTER the WC had completed its investigation.

I've read no evidence/accounts that during the WC investigation that at that time he believed there was a conspiracy. Correction: LBJ did say in his last interview before leaving the Presidency that "I never believed that [Lee Harvey] Oswald acted alone, although I can accept that he pulled the trigger." Are there any? And why would he not want to deal with a conspiracy done by, for example, the Mob?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:29:28 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 07:03:46 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
Max Holland has an account of LBJ apparently learning for the first time - in 1967 - about the assassination plots directed at Castro. His account suggests that this shaped LBJ's views about who assassinated JFK. In effect, LBJ believed that JFK was killed by Castro in retaliation for those attempts.

Obviously, this doesn't prove that LBJ didn't think Castro was involved before this. Are there any accounts of LBJ thinking so in 1964? LBJ did say in that last interview while president that:
"I never believed that [Lee Harvey] Oswald acted alone, although I can accept that he pulled the trigger." So that's evidence that at the time of the WC investigation he believed in a conspiracy.

Holland's piece, including transcripts of calls LBJ made about the issue, is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/holland_atlantic.htm
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:10:02 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »