Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Ruby really kill Oswald?  (Read 13895 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Did Ruby really kill Oswald?
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
Advertisement
What 'pieces of "evidence" did 'LNs make up'?

How about, for starters, a bag that was "big enough to conceal a broken down MC rifle", despite the denial of the only witnesses who actually saw the bag.

Or, how about, a white jacket that suddenly became grey when it was handed in at the identification office, several hours after Oswald's arrest.

Or the overall assumption that there actually was a rifle in Ruth Paine's garage for two months and that it was the MC rifle that was later found at the TSBD.

Or the assumption that Oswald somehow managed to build a paper bag at the TSBD and take it to Irving without anybody seeing it.

Or that he managed to come down the stairs to the 2nd floor lunchroom without anybody hearing or seeing him, in particular Dorothy Garner who was next to the stairs on the 4th floor from the moment Victoria Adams went down until Truly and Baker came up

Or that leaving a ring behind is somehow evidence of the intent to kill the President....

And the list goes on and on

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2021, 11:47:20 PM »
I see that things like denial and isolation of evidence are things that are still as strong as ever amongst the conspiracy theorists at this forum.

(What a surprise.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:55:04 PM by David Von Pein »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2021, 11:54:30 PM »
I see that denial and isolation are things that are still as strong as ever amongst the conspiracy theorists at this forum.

(What a surprise.)

Spoken like a true believer.

Denial? Care to explain?

Could it be that valid questions about dubious and weak, speculative, evidence is the same to you as "denial"?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:57:36 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2021, 11:54:30 PM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2021, 11:59:48 PM »
Denial? Care to explain?

The extensive SBT debate (below) perfectly illustrates what I mean by a conspiracy theorist's "denial". I couldn't have asked for a better made-to-order demonstration:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-887.html

And the very same kind of denial exists at this forum too. Always has. And, I surmise, always will.

And now we're even being treated to denial with respect to Ruby shooting Oswald! And it can't get much worse on the "denial" scale than that.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:19:56 AM by David Von Pein »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2021, 12:35:41 AM »
The extensive SBT debate (below) perfectly illustrates what I mean by a conspiracy theorist's "denial". I couldn't have asked for a better made-to-order demonstration:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-887.html

And the very same kind of denial exists at this forum too. Always has. And, I surmise, always will.

I see. You present a highly speculative subject matter, like the SBT, which can not be duplicated in real time, and leaves a lot of questions unanswered and when somebody doesn't instantly take your word for it, he's in denial... Is that your position?

Please note, I've stayed well clear of any discussion about the SBT, mainly because of of it's speculative nature, but also because IMO it's not sufficiently germane to the overall case, as it's only purpose is to keep the case a one shooter affair. If, by other means, a second shooter could ever be proven (to be honest, I don't think it ever will) the entire SBT will be a moot point in an instant.

If you could present a persuasive argument for the SBT, beyond a reasonable doubt, you might be right in saying that somebody who doesn't believe it is in denial, but that's not the case here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2021, 12:35:41 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2021, 12:49:36 AM »
You present a highly speculative subject matter, like the SBT...

The SBT is not "highly speculative" at all, IMO. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2021, 12:56:26 AM »
The SBT is not "highly speculative" at all, IMO. Quite the opposite, in fact.

The Z-film demonstrates it's not speculative at all.
To not recognise what's happening in it is a phenomenon I've described elsewhere as "unseeing"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2021, 12:56:26 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2021, 12:57:29 AM »
I see. You present a highly speculative subject matter, like the SBT, which can not be duplicated in real time, and leaves a lot of questions unanswered and when somebody doesn't instantly take your word for it, he's in denial... Is that your position?

In the SBT discussion I linked earlier, I wasn't asking James R. Gordon of The Education Forum (or anyone else) to simply take my word for anything. I presented a multitude of looped video clips to prove my case. Gordon then went into his Ultimate Denial mode for several days, resulting in him banning me from the EF Kingdom, then unbanning me when he realized he was wrong, and then going back to his Ultimate Denial mode yet again.

That particular 2015 SBT discussion should be propped up as an example whenever a CTer continues to ignore (or deny) something that is obvious.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:59:39 AM by David Von Pein »