Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Touring the Tippit Scene  (Read 39728 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Touring the Tippit Scene
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
Advertisement
Also, we are discussing the likelihood of something. Not proving it.

Says the same guy who previously said;

You're not arguing that "likely" means "possible", you're agruing that "likely" means you're probably correct which implicitely means you're arguing to "prove it". You're just doing so with a safeguard build in and in the full knowledge that you will never admit to being wrong.

Too bad for you that it's very likely that you're wrong about this one.

Play the music and let's go round again.....

No thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2020, 10:03:53 PM »
That is what I was cryptically referring to. You said it was hearsay; I said that this forum isn’t a court of law.

Also, we are discussing the likelihood of something. Not proving it. You can disagree. But claiming nonsense like nothing is likely or unlikely is the response one of you spouted instead of saying you disagree and here are the reasons why.

I disagreed that it was “likely” because you have provided nothing beyond pure conjecture that would show that it was likely. Possible doesn’t mean likely.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »

No thanks.

How does it feel to be beaten at your own game?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2020, 10:10:13 PM »
Yeah, the “so what question” gets lost in the nonsensical arguments. The reason it was brought up was due to the floor plan layout posted showing the possibility that LHO could have gone up to the balcony to avoid the concession stand ticket taker.

That why this whole rabbit hole is ridiculous. Sure, it’s possible that LHO could have gone up to the balcony to avoid the concession stand ticket taker. It’s also possible that he couldn’t. Or didn’t. Again, so what?

And then proceed to the north staircase and go back down to the main level in an effort to blend in with the others there and make it more difficult for anyone to find him (in case he was seen sneaking in). It definitely threw off some of the ones looking for him.

Now we’re probably going to get to have an argument over what “definitely” means. There’s nothing definite about it. Nobody knows if Oswald was ever in the balcony or on one of those staircases.

My thoughts are that LHO likely knew ahead of time that he had this circuitous route through the theater available. And that once he got past Postal undetected he had a very good chance of getting into the theater without having to produce a ticket to a ticket taker.

Again, there’s nothing “likely” about it. It’s pure conjecture.

You can disagree with this. But it also provides a possible explanation for those who wonder why LHO would take a chance of sneaking in (and drawing unwanted attention to himself) instead of purchasing a ticket.

Nobody actually saw him enter the theater, so you haven’t even demonstrated that he did “sneak in”, much less why.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2020, 10:11:28 PM »
I disagreed that it was “likely” because you have provided nothing beyond pure conjecture that would show that it was likely. Possible doesn’t mean likely.

I didn’t conjure up the facts that LHO lived in the neighborhood, liked watching movies, and that the theater provided a relief from the heat. These might not be reasons that convince you of the likelihood. (Nothing whatsoever is likely to convince you of anything.) But they most definitely are not “pure conjecture.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2020, 10:11:28 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2020, 10:13:50 PM »
How does it feel to be beaten at your own game?

I gave up trying to make sense out of your nonsense. You can go back to arguing with yourself again as far as I am concerned.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2020, 10:18:35 PM »
I didn’t conjure up the facts that LHO lived in the neighborhood, liked watching movies, and that the theater provided a relief from the heat. These might not be reasons that convince you of the likelihood. (Nothing whatsoever is likely to convince you of anything.) But they most definitely are not “pure conjecture.”

Nothing whatsoever is likely to convince you of anything.

Stop whining. Sound arguments based on provable persuasive facts will always convince me and I am sure John feels the same.

But they most definitely are not “pure conjecture.”

What you are doing is the definition of conjecture.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2020, 10:18:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2020, 10:19:02 PM »
I didn’t conjure up the facts that LHO lived in the neighborhood, liked watching movies, and that the theater provided a relief from the heat. These might not be reasons that convince you of the likelihood.

It’s contrived. I gave you an equally valid set of facts that argue against that likelihood. That’s why your methodology for determining likelihood is flawed. It will lead you to whatever conclusion you want.

(Nothing whatsoever is likely to convince you of anything.)

All it takes is evidence. Conjecture isn’t evidence.

But they most definitely are not “pure conjecture.”

The “facts” aren’t, but the conclusion you tried to draw from them certainly are.

Did Oswald “likely” go for swims in the Trinity River?