Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Touring the Tippit Scene  (Read 38289 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Touring the Tippit Scene
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 01:55:46 PM »
Advertisement
LHO had lived in the neighborhood before, and was most likely familiar with the Texas Theater.

Why do you constantly make assumptions? I lived near a theater for the better part of 20 years. I was never there and don't know the first thing about the interior. So, what makes you assume that Oswald was familiar with the theater?

LHO liked watching movies. Also, back in 1962-1963, movie theaters were a good place to get out of the summer heat and into an air conditioned building for a while.

I didn’t say that I knew for a fact that he was familiar with the Texas Theater. Just that it was likely. Why do you have a freaking problem with that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 01:55:46 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 02:07:36 PM »
LHO liked watching movies. Also, back in 1962-1963, movie theaters were a good place to get out of the summer heat and into an air conditioned building for a while.

I didn’t say that I knew for a fact that he was familiar with the Texas Theater. Just that it was likely. Why do you have a freaking problem with that?

Because whenever you use the world "likely" it's too make you assumption more credible than it really is. You calling something likely is just as much an assumption than the rest. If you don't know something for a fact, you don't know anything at all.

I don't know the first thing about you, other than the ignorance you display on this forum, and I don't know anything for a fact but I consider it likely that you don't get out much into the real world. Now, does me considering it likely make it any more true?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »
Because whenever you use the world "likely" it's too make you assumption more credible than it really is. You calling something likely is just as much an assumption than the rest. If you don't know something for a fact, you don't know anything at all.

I don't know the first thing about you, other than the ignorance you display on this forum, and I don't know anything for a fact but I consider it likely that you don't get out much into the real world. Now, does me considering it likely make it any more true?

Its about as likely as your “timeline” theory and your LHO wasn’t wearing a jacket theory. None of your theories have any chance at all of being correct.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 02:38:28 PM »
Its about as likely as your “timeline” theory and your LHO wasn’t wearing a jacket theory. None of your theories have any chance at all of being correct.

You can claim I'm wrong a thousand more times, but you've already demonstrated that you can't prove it, which makes your opinion, just like all your assumptions, pretty worthless and your decision to dismiss it out of hand the best evidence of your cult like perception of the entire case.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:50:12 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »

Yes, that is certainly possible.  And in the 1960s someone of Oswald's means would have had very limited entertainment options. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 02:59:25 PM »
Where do you get your information? Anal extraction?

Postal confirmed that Oswald bought no ticket. Huh??.... Postal didn't even know who Johnny Brewer was referring to when he asked Postal if she had sold the man a ticket.

Burroughs did not take any ticket from him.  Again You distort....Burroughs didn't recall taking a ticket from Lee...

Oswald had no movie ticket in his possession.     Really?? how do you know that?.....Apparently Capt. Fritz didn't know that because he never asked Lee if he'd bought a ticket.

I got it from Julia Postal.  She clearly says in her affidavit that Brewer asked her if the "man" bought a ticket and she confirms that he did not.  Not only that.  She says that when she called the police that they specifically asked her if the man had bought a ticket and again she confirmed that he had not.  That's on the very telephone call reporting Oswald within minutes of his entry to the theatre.  We know the "man" is Oswald because that is the person Brewer confirmed he followed and was asking about when he asked Postal.  They obviously didn't know his name at that point but he could be identified as the "man" because Brewer had seen and followed him.  There is no confusion on that point except in your muddled brain.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339266/m1/1/

Why would Fritz have to ask Oswald about a ticket for us to know he didn't have one?  He didn't buy a ticket according to the only ticket seller.  He didn't provide a ticket according to the only ticket taker.  And he didn't have a ticket on his person when arrested.  It's not listed anywhere.  Good grief.  But humor us and explain where Oswald would have gotten such a ticket and what he did with it under those circumstances.  They didn't have Fandango back in 1963.   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:03:23 PM by Richard Smith »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
You can claim I'm wrong a thousand more times, but you've already demonstrated that you can't prove it, which makes your opinion, just like all your assumptions, pretty worthless and your decision to dismiss it out of hand the best evidence of your cult like perception of the entire case.

You asked for my opinion. I gave it to you. Then you proceed to attempt to bash it. I appears clear to me (and most likely most others who frequent this forum) that you are a bitter human being that enjoys agitating others to get a reaction. It is sad, but I have a difficult time feeling sorry for you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:02:12 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »

Interesting layout. So someone who was familiar with the theater layout would know that sneaking past Postal made it possible to bypass the concession stand by going up the stairs to the balcony first. (No wonder there was a bunch of high school boys playing hooky in the balcony; have one of the group buy a ticket and distract Postal while the others sneak in.) And then by using the northern set of stairs, someone could enter the main floor seating area. LHO had lived in the neighborhood before, and was most likely familiar with the Texas Theater.

Interesting that there are apparently two sets of stairs to the balcony upon entry to the theatre.  I believe the picture that was posted is only of those on the left which might have been more visible from the lobby.  I wonder how visible those on the right would have been where the diagram indicates the police used.  We will never know if Oswald actually used those stairs but it is entirely possible.  At the very least it explains the source of the balcony story.  Postal and Burroughs knew that folks had used that method in the past to avoid paying for a ticket.  When Burroughs doesn't see anyone pass through the lobby they assume that the man who didn't buy a ticket has used the steps to go to the balcony - which may or may not have been true.