Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Touring the Tippit Scene  (Read 36995 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Touring the Tippit Scene
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:11 PM »
Advertisement
@CTers:

Oswald killed Tippit and probably shot Kennedy.

Booyah

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:11 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2021, 07:20:47 PM »
Well, yes, as I added to my post: eyewitness accounts CAN be wrong, CAN be (and are) subjective and CAN be unreliable. As in the Rashomon effect.

But all we have is these accounts plus corroborating evidence (if possible). To dismiss everything as being an opinion, as nothing more, renders any discussion of events useless. Where do we take this? Let's empty our libraries of history books. It's all opinion and worthless.

Look at the discussion here: it's an endless rejection of evidence by the Oswald defenders. Every single piece is dismissed. So what's the point? To defend Oswald or to try and muddle through with the evidence and reach some conclusions?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »
Well, yes, as I added to my post: eyewitness accounts CAN be wrong, CAN be (and are) subjective and CAN be unreliable. As in the Rashomon effect.

But all we have is these accounts plus corroborating evidence (if possible). To dismiss everything as being an opinion, as nothing more, renders any discussion of events useless. Where do we take this? Let's empty our libraries of history books. It's all opinion and worthless.

Look at the discussion here: it's an endless rejection of evidence by the Oswald defenders. Every single piece is dismissed. So what's the point? To defend Oswald or to try and muddle through with the evidence and reach some conclusions?

To dismiss everything as being an opinion, as nothing more, renders any discussion of events useless.

Who is dismissing everything as being an opinion?

Let's empty our libraries of history books. It's all opinion and worthless.

Silly dramatics and totally beside the point. History books are there to inform so that people may form their own opinion, in the knowledge that history books are mainly written by the victors and are not always fair and accurate. Whether that opinion is correct or not is another matter, but it is pathetic to call for doing away with source material.

Look at the discussion here: it's an endless rejection of evidence by the Oswald defenders.

A completely dishonest generalization and, speaking for myself, absolutely untrue.

What you fail to understand is that another interpretation of the evidence by those who do not blindly accept the official narrative is not the same as "an endless rejection of the evidence". If anybody is rejecting anything, it's the WC defenders who will instantly dismiss everything that does not agree with their opinion. That's why discussion, in most cases, is impossible and very often a waste of time.

Every single piece is dismissed.

I can only speak for myself here, but please show me just one piece of evidence that I have dismissed. Go on then...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 07:43:03 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2021, 07:40:58 PM »

Excuse me, but Oswald-lovers have every right to choose who to live (and kneel) for.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:09:07 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2021, 10:49:24 PM »
Excuse me, but Oswald-lovers have every right to choose who to live (and kneel) for.
Of course, they are free to worship leprechauns if they want. And if their goal is to simply defend "poor Lee" then I surrender: they've accomplished it, I'm convinced.

It is interesting hearing from those who supported suppressing the Hunter Biden story because they were unproven allegations then turn around and come here and make endless unproven allegations about all sorts of people involved, they claim, in a conspiracy behind the assassination. But that's another story for another time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2021, 10:49:24 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2021, 07:05:45 AM »
It is interesting hearing from those who supported suppressing the Hunter Biden story because they were unproven allegations then turn around and come here and make endless unproven allegations about all sorts of people involved, they claim, in a conspiracy behind the assassination. But that's another story for another time.

And who, pray tell, would that be?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2021, 07:08:36 AM »

You want some cheese with that whine? Maybe it’s irrational to “reach conclusions” on insufficient or inconclusive evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2021, 07:08:36 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2021, 07:10:04 AM »
Of course, they are free to worship leprechauns if they want. And if their goal is to simply defend "poor Lee" then I surrender: they've accomplished it, I'm convinced.

You missed my sarcasm