Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BoxGate  (Read 7663 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: BoxGate
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2020, 12:05:06 AM »
Advertisement
Nothing to admit: How would I know about any WC logical fallacies, since I apparently 'don't know the first first thing about the assassination' according to you

That line is not meant as a direct quote: Otherwise I had would have looked it up. Notice my use of single rather than double quotation marks. See below.

Quotation marks (‘ ’) or (“ ”)
https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-single-and-double-quotation-marks.htm

"The different types of quotation marks may also be used as a way to offset a single word or phrase within a sentence, when nothing is actually being quoted. This is usually meant to denote that the writer is intending the word in an ironic or sarcastic matter."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:14:05 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2020, 12:05:06 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2020, 01:16:58 AM »
Nice try. You said “according to you”.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2020, 06:48:12 AM »
Nice try. You said “according to you”.

Yes, I did.
And that still stands.
According to me.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:50:41 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2020, 06:48:12 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2020, 04:58:55 PM »
The Oswald defenders here are remarkably like the hardcore Trump defenders. To each side their man can do no wrong, has done no wrong, and every claim that they did do something wrong is a lie or falsehood or made up by people out to get them. It's all an attack on their boy Lee or Donald (and don't you like how they refer to Oswald as "Lee"?). Oswald apologists: "Don't believe the government, don't believe the official story!" Trump supporters: "Don't believe the government, it's a deep state conspiracy!!"

Oswald apologists say dozens of different people, from members of the Dallas police department to the Warren Commission staffers to the FBI to even ordinary people like steamfitters and waitresses and cab drivers and on and on and on all lied. Or were coached. Or manipulated. Or well, sometimes it's not clear. Because defending Oswald means the ends justifies the means.

But they then turn around and mock the fanatical Trump supporters who do the exact same thing. As the saying goes, you can find anything on the internet.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 05:06:08 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2020, 06:18:51 PM »
The Oswald defenders here are remarkably like the hardcore Trump defenders. To each side their man can do no wrong, has done no wrong, and every claim that they did do something wrong is a lie or falsehood or made up by people out to get them. It's all an attack on their boy Lee or Donald (and don't you like how they refer to Oswald as "Lee"?). Oswald apologists: "Don't believe the government, don't believe the official story!" Trump supporters: "Don't believe the government, it's a deep state conspiracy!!"

Oswald apologists say dozens of different people, from members of the Dallas police department to the Warren Commission staffers to the FBI to even ordinary people like steamfitters and waitresses and cab drivers and on and on and on all lied. Or were coached. Or manipulated. Or well, sometimes it's not clear. Because defending Oswald means the ends justifies the means.

But they then turn around and mock the fanatical Trump supporters who do the exact same thing. As the saying goes, you can find anything on the internet.

The Oswald defenders here are remarkably like the hardcore Trump defenders. To each side their man can do no wrong, has done no wrong, and every claim that they did do something wrong is a lie or falsehood or made up by people out to get them.

Are you really so much of a hypocrite that you imply the defenders of the WC faith are capable of recognizing the obvious problems in the case against Oswald? Really?

If I ever saw a buch of dug in die hard hardcore deniers of anything that could threaten the case against Oswald, it's the LNs.

Says a guy who has to believe that just about every witness in Dealey Plaza was wrong or "mistaken", that wild assumptions somehow are actually "evidence" and that law enforcement officers were nothing more than a bunch of incompetent fools making "honest mistakes". It's hilarious....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2020, 06:18:51 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »
The Oswald defenders here are remarkably like the hardcore Trump defenders. To each side their man can do no wrong, has done no wrong, and every claim that they did do something wrong is a lie or falsehood or made up by people out to get them.

Look, it’s very simple. If you want to convince non-WC apologists that Oswald did something wrong, then demonstrate that he did something wrong. Just like if Trump wants to convince people who are not Trump apologists that there was election fraud he needs to demonstrate that there was election fraud.

“Just because I said so” is not a demonstration.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2020, 08:26:05 PM »
Look, it’s very simple. If you want to convince non-WC apologists that Oswald did something wrong, then demonstrate that he did something wrong. Just like if Trump wants to convince people who are not Trump apologists that there was election fraud he needs to demonstrate that there was election fraud.

“Just because I said so” is not a demonstration.

Spoken like a true knee-taking Oswald-lover.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2020, 08:26:05 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2020, 08:50:56 PM »
Spoken like an ignorant time-wasting troll who thinks he’s funny and clever.