Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 57 years: Does it matter how we remember 11-22-63?  (Read 6114 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: 57 years: Does it matter how we remember 11-22-63?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 10:44:21 PM »
Advertisement

We cannot change what has happened in the past. But we should try to learn from our mistakes and try to avoid repeating them. And we can contact our government representatives and let them know what we would like for them to do.

32 years ago I was part of a group of people who were being treated unfairly because of some nation-wide revisions to U.S. Army policy. We petitioned our congressmen and they responded with an amendment to the law that solved the issue.

Respect and credibility are earned by our deeds. Do the right things for the right reasons and the respect and credibility will be the byproduct.

Government Accountability and Transparency are the only things that can restore the public's trust...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 10:44:21 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 12:08:05 AM »

Government Accountability and Transparency are the only things that can restore the public's trust...

Then take action to insist on what you want. It isn’t going to happen if everyone just As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'es about it and does nothing. If you believe something is wrong, make contact with someone who can help. Form a group of likeminded people and make some (peaceful) noise. That is how the process begins. Moaning and groaning about generalities doesn’t tell anyone specifically what it is that you want changes for.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:00 AM »
No conspiracy required to do what Oswald did.

Then why is there so much deception and so many falsehoods in the testimonies of the TSBD employees, particularly and tellingly, of those working on the sixth floor. It should have been so straight-forward, another day at the office, so to speak. Everyone shows up to work not knowing that one of them has murder on their mind, the shots ring out and people are questioned as to where they were and what they were doing at that time. Of course there will be minor discrepancies over some details, that's human nature, but what we see in these testimonies is a complex of misdirection and obfuscation. People are lying (IMHO) and to not ask why they are is unacceptable.

I agree, it takes just one man to take the shots but it takes more than one to create the labyrinth of confusion that follows.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:00 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 02:17:59 AM »
The smug dismissal of the facts that the investigations were sloppy, there were coverups, and the only named suspect was killed within 48 hours of JFK’s murder. It’s very reasonable to speculate that there is more to the story given those circumstances alone.

Those are also the reasons most people will never be satisfied with the Warren Report’s conclusion.

I find it plausible that Oswald acted alone but there are too many coincidences and flaws in the forensic evidence for me to dismiss the idea that there was a conspiracy.

Given the litany of problems with the case, I keep an open mind and welcome any new evidence that could sway me in one direction or the other...

Jon, There IS evidence that proves that Lee Oswald was NOT the assassin nor did he murder J.D Tippit.....But only YOU, and you alone ,  can open your eyes.....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 03:53:01 AM »
Does it matter how Americans interpret the events that occurred on November 22, 1963?
Most accept what they see on the TV documentaries...highly conforming to the official rap. I saw this one program on a history type channel just last night claiming that Oswald's prints were all over 'HIS' rifle. So remove any doubt...the media and government will never lie to you

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 03:53:01 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 07:49:14 AM »
"The One Thing All Americans Agree On: JFK Conspiracy"
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jfk-assassination-files/one-thing-all-americans-agree-jfk-conspiracy-n815371

...a new survey from FiveThirtyEight released this week finds that’s right about where the public is today: 61% believe others were involved in JFK’s assassination, while 33% believe one man acted alone.

But the most interesting finding in the FiveThirtyEight poll is the breadth of the nation’s JFK conspiracy beliefs. More than 50 percent of most every demographic group believes “others were involved” in the assassination: Men and women, whites, blacks and Hispanics, registered voters and non-registered, all age groups.

And in an era when the political divides appear in everything from media consumption to shopping habits, the JFK assassination is one area where supporters of President Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton agree: 61 percent of Trump voters and 59 percent of Clinton voters believe “others were involved...”

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »
Does it matter how Americans interpret the events that occurred on November 22, 1963?

I believe it was a conspiracy and one of the greatest crimes of the 20th century.

I’m not the type of person who typically believes in Conspiracy Theories but I think there’s enough smoke or inconsistencies in the Kennedy assassination evidence for people to reasonably speculate that there were others involved.

I don’t think we’ll ever reach the point where most people agree on what happened that fateful day in Dallas.

Does it matter whether someone believes Oswald acted alone or whether someone believes there was a conspiracy?

There are credible arguments for both ends of the spectrum and we’ll never know beyond all doubt what really happened or why it happened...

Smoke, speculate, inconsistencies.

How about conjecture? That would almost constitute evidence.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:45:27 PM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 07:11:28 PM »
Most accept what they see on the TV documentaries...highly conforming to the official rap. I saw this one program on a history type channel just last night claiming that Oswald's prints were all over 'HIS' rifle. So remove any doubt...the media and government will never lie to you

You're absolutely right, Jerry....... The government lies , and their propaganda agency regurgitates the lie and invents convincing information to convince the suckers that the governments tale is the truth.