Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 57 years: Does it matter how we remember 11-22-63?  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: 57 years: Does it matter how we remember 11-22-63?
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 06:41:51 PM »
Advertisement
No conspiracy required to do what Oswald did.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 06:41:51 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 07:08:42 PM »
No conspiracy required to do what Oswald did.

Allegedly did

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »
Your attitude is why most people will continue to distrust the government and other institutions.

My attitude is the reason?  ???

What you apparently don’t realize is that I believed (for many years) that there just HAD to be a conspiracy. But after finding no credible evidence of one. And taking a fresh look at the case with an open mind, I no longer believe that. I do believe that Castro possibly knew ahead of time that something was going to be attempted. There is some questionable evidence of that. And his personality and history of violence make it possible for me to believe that he was more involved than just knowing about a likely attempt. But credible evidence for these ideas just hasn’t surfaced. So therefore I no longer believe that there HAD to be a conspiracy. The evidence that we have points to LHO as the lone assassin. And I am convinced that he was capable of this. But I am still open to any credible evidence of a conspiracy that might come to light.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »
My attitude is the reason?  ???

What you apparently don’t realize is that I believed (for many years) that there just HAD to be a conspiracy. But after finding no credible evidence of one. And taking a fresh look at the case with an open mind, I no longer believe that. I do believe that Castro possibly knew ahead of time that something was going to be attempted. There is some questionable evidence of that. And his personality and history of violence make it possible for me to believe that he was more involved than just knowing about a likely attempt. But credible evidence for these ideas just hasn’t surfaced. So therefore I no longer believe that there HAD to be a conspiracy. The evidence that we have points to LHO as the lone assassin. And I am convinced that he was capable of this. But I am still open to any credible evidence of a conspiracy that might come to light.

The smug dismissal of the facts that the investigations were sloppy, there were coverups, and the only named suspect was killed within 48 hours of JFK’s murder. It’s very reasonable to speculate that there is more to the story given those circumstances alone.

Those are also the reasons most people will never be satisfied with the Warren Report’s conclusion.

I find it plausible that Oswald acted alone but there are too many coincidences and flaws in the forensic evidence for me to dismiss the idea that there was a conspiracy.

Given the litany of problems with the case, I keep an open mind and welcome any new evidence that could sway me in one direction or the other...

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 09:47:28 PM »

The investigations into the Kennedy assassination were bungled badly enough that your statement applies both ways (the evidence against conspiracy and the evidence for conspiracy).

I don't think there's anything "we" can do to solve that problem.

What the government, the news media, and other institutions need to do is quit lying to us and perform better at their jobs when it comes to serving the Public.

The JFK assassination is one event, but there were many events that followed where the government and it's allies in the news media haven't told us the truth about certain matters.

don't think there's anything "we" can do to solve that problem.

That smug dismissal represents exactly what is wrong. Remember what JFK said: Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” Whining isn’t going to solve anything. We are responsible for some of the issues simply because we allow it to happen and don’t do enough to inspire change for the better. There are avenues to take that will inspire some needed changes. And violent riots isn’t one of them. Neither is As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'ing without making a suggestion for changes. Ideas for changes for the better to be implemented are out there. We must encourage the good ideas and their implementation. If enough people do this the positive changes will happen.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:49:23 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 09:47:28 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »

don't think there's anything "we" can do to solve that problem.

That smug dismissal represents exactly what is wrong. Remember what JFK said: Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” Whining isn’t going to solve anything. We are responsible for some of the issues simply because we allow it to happen and don’t do enough to inspire change for the better. There are avenues to take that will inspire some needed changes. And violent riots isn’t one of them. Neither is As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'ing without making a suggestion for changes. Ideas for changes for the better to be implemented are out there. We must encourage the good ideas and their implementation. If enough people do this the positive changes will happen.

I think you missed my point.

Sure, we can help by not spreading disinformation but ultimately, the government, the news media, the big banks, and other big institutions have to win back the public's trust on their own.

We as individuals cannot fix the reasons for distrust in our public institutions.

I'm 40 years old. I came of age around the time when the Bush administration lied to us about Iraq in order to start an unnecessary war. How does the US government and the American media restore the credibility that was lost due to the fallout from the Iraq war?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 10:32:10 PM »
Hi.

I've been researching the subject for more than 16,000 hours and there's no chance in hell that Oswald assassinated President Kennedy. Lee Harvey Oswald is almost irrelevant, his role and actions was mostly intended as a diversionary maneuver..

You can find the timeline within the attached presentation beneath which shows how he was set up to be identified as the man who assassinated President Kennedy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKtV2eGKpM

Best Regards,
Christer

Hallo ...

Are you from Holland?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 10:32:10 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:44 PM »
I think you missed my point.

Sure, we can help by not spreading disinformation but ultimately, the government, the news media, the big banks, and other big institutions have to win back the public's trust on their own.

We as individuals cannot fix the reasons for distrust in our public institutions.

I'm 40 years old. I came of age around the time when the Bush administration lied to us about Iraq in order to start an unnecessary war. How does the US government and the American media restore the credibility that was lost due to the fallout from the Iraq war?

We cannot change what has happened in the past. But we should try to learn from our mistakes and try to avoid repeating them. And we can contact our government representatives and let them know what we would like for them to do.

32 years ago I was part of a group of people who were being treated unfairly because of some nation-wide revisions to U.S. Army policy. We petitioned our congressmen and they responded with an amendment to the law that solved the issue.

Respect and credibility are earned by our deeds. Do the right things for the right reasons and the respect and credibility will be the byproduct.