Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 89718 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #808 on: December 25, 2020, 07:58:55 PM »
Advertisement
The shooting takes place at 1:14.  Benavides begins keying the mic around 1:15-1:16.  Bowley finally grabs the mic from Benavides at 1:17.

If this were true Helen Markham wouldn't have been there to witness the shooting.... She would have been boarding the bus at the corner of Jafferson and Patton at that time....   BUT Markham swore that she was standing on the corner of 10th at Patton and the time was 1:06 when she witnessed the shooting.

At some point during all of this, Bowley arrives, looks over Tippit's body and then eventually grabs the mic from Benavides.

TF Bowley swore that he saw Tippit lying on the street when  got out of his car at 1:10 ....

If Tippit had been shot at 1:14 Bowley wouldn't have been at the scene because he would have passed by that are 8 minutes earlier.... And he might have witnessed Tippit's squad car cruising slowly along behind the man who was walking on the sidewalk along 10th street.

Those are two of the main reasons to believe that the time stamps on the DPD radio are incorrect and likely tampered with.

There is a third one and that's the ambulance. The authorisation for autopsy gave Tippit's DOA time at Methodist Hospital as 1:15 pm. DPD officer Davenport, who was there, confirms that time, not only is his report, but also on the document he signed for the Identification Bureau when he handed in the bullet, taken from Tippit's body at 1.30, and a button. There is more witness testimony that actually corroborates this version but I'll leave that for later.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #808 on: December 25, 2020, 07:58:55 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #809 on: December 25, 2020, 08:08:47 PM »

If you listen to the actual police tapes (versus what you get on the McAdams site)

Where can one obtain a copy of the complete recordings?

They're not online anywhere.  I listened to the unedited tapes with Dale Myers at his house back in September.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #810 on: December 25, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »
Yes, that's the fairytale version. If this is what actually happened, you have to believe that Callaway (who arrived at the scene after Bowley had finished his radio call) needed four minutes, after the shots were fired, to get to 10th street. You have been there yourself and thus know the distance he needed to cover after his encounter with the killer on Patton, halfway between Jefferson and 10th street. There is no way that took him 4 minutes, unless he crawled of course.

Before making his way up to the patrol car, Callaway first watched Oswald make his trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson.  A couple minutes had passed before Callaway actually reached the scene and he did not immediately get on the radio to report the shooting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #810 on: December 25, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #811 on: December 25, 2020, 08:14:17 PM »
Those are two of the main reasons to believe that the time stamps on the DPD radio are incorrect and likely tampered with.

There is a third one and that's the ambulance. The authorisation for autopsy gave Tippit's DOA time at Methodist Hospital as 1:15 pm. DPD officer Davenport, who was there, confirms that time, not only is his report, but also on the document he signed for the Identification Bureau when he handed in the bullet, taken from Tippit's body at 1.30, and a button. There is more witness testimony that actually corroborates this version but I'll leave that for later.

The authorisation for autopsy gave Tippit's DOA time at Methodist Hospital as 1:15 pm.

I'm being lazy today.  Can you post this please?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #812 on: December 25, 2020, 08:16:40 PM »
They're not online anywhere.  I listened to the unedited tapes with Dale Myers at his house back in September.

Thanks, I wasn’t having any luck searching online. So, it doesn’t appear to be a defect in my searching. Did Dale happen to explain or expound on any of the details of his methods to you?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #812 on: December 25, 2020, 08:16:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #813 on: December 25, 2020, 09:18:25 PM »
Before making his way up to the patrol car, Callaway first watched Oswald make his trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson.  A couple minutes had passed before Callaway actually reached the scene and he did not immediately get on the radio to report the shooting.

You really need to read his testimony more closely, Bill.

Callaway didn't wait on the porche of his office to watch the killer "trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson". He ran towards 10th street and was about halfway down Patton when he encountered the killer. If he had waited for only a minute he would have missed the killer completely.

In his testimony and his first day affidavit Callaway said he heard the shots and ran from the porche of his office to Patton. He was on the sidewalk of Patton, near the alley that's halfway between Jefferson and 10th Street, when he saw the man running towards him with the revolver.

Tippit's killer left the scene directly after the shots. The distance he needed to cover before getting to Callaway, was from the car to the corner of 10th/Patton, which - walking at normal speed - would have taken him 20 seconds. You know this because somebody timed it in a video you were in that is on YouTube. Then he had to walk halfway down Patton (about 200 feet) to where Callaway was. That would have taken him another 20 seconds, maybe 30. You know this, you've been there yourself, you've seen just how short a distance it is. But here's a reminder;

CE 539 is a photograph of where Callaway was when he saw the killer running towards him

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_539.pdf

You can clearly see the houses of 10th street in the background.

After his encounter with the killer, which took no more that a couple of seconds, Callaway, according to his testimony, ran towards 10th street. If you add on some seconds here and there, you get to around 90 seconds to 2 minutes maximum that it took Callaway to get to 10th street and on the radio after the shots.

00:00:00      Tippit is killed

00:00:30      Killer reaches the corner of 10th street and Patton

00:00:50      Killer reaches the alley halfway between 10th street and Jefferson
                   Callaway, who is on the other side of the street, sees the man running towards him

00:01:10      Callaway starts running to 10th street

00:01:30      Callaway arrives at 10th street

00:01:35      Callaway checks on Tippit and sees he's dead

00:01:50      Callaway gets on the radio

I don't know what you mean by "a couple of minutes" but anything more than 2 minutes, you are going to have to explain to me.

I'm being lazy today.  Can you post this please?

Actually, no I can't post this because I don't know how. But I'm sure somebody else can post the document. I've seen it being posted before.

Edit: I found a copy on line for you.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338568/m1/7/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 10:22:39 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #814 on: December 26, 2020, 12:06:50 AM »
I have a copy of the recording. How do you really know that they were "unedited"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #814 on: December 26, 2020, 12:06:50 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #815 on: December 26, 2020, 06:02:31 AM »
You really need to read his testimony more closely, Bill.

Callaway didn't wait on the porche of his office to watch the killer "trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson". He ran towards 10th street and was about halfway down Patton when he encountered the killer. If he had waited for only a minute he would have missed the killer completely.

In his testimony and his first day affidavit Callaway said he heard the shots and ran from the porche of his office to Patton. He was on the sidewalk of Patton, near the alley that's halfway between Jefferson and 10th Street, when he saw the man running towards him with the revolver.

Tippit's killer left the scene directly after the shots. The distance he needed to cover before getting to Callaway, was from the car to the corner of 10th/Patton, which - walking at normal speed - would have taken him 20 seconds. You know this because somebody timed it in a video you were in that is on YouTube. Then he had to walk halfway down Patton (about 200 feet) to where Callaway was. That would have taken him another 20 seconds, maybe 30. You know this, you've been there yourself, you've seen just how short a distance it is. But here's a reminder;

CE 539 is a photograph of where Callaway was when he saw the killer running towards him

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_539.pdf

You can clearly see the houses of 10th street in the background.

After his encounter with the killer, which took no more that a couple of seconds, Callaway, according to his testimony, ran towards 10th street. If you add on some seconds here and there, you get to around 90 seconds to 2 minutes maximum that it took Callaway to get to 10th street and on the radio after the shots.

00:00:00      Tippit is killed

00:00:30      Killer reaches the corner of 10th street and Patton

00:00:50      Killer reaches the alley halfway between 10th street and Jefferson
                   Callaway, who is on the other side of the street, sees the man running towards him

00:01:10      Callaway starts running to 10th street

00:01:30      Callaway arrives at 10th street

00:01:35      Callaway checks on Tippit and sees he's dead

00:01:50      Callaway gets on the radio

I don't know what you mean by "a couple of minutes" but anything more than 2 minutes, you are going to have to explain to me.

Actually, no I can't post this because I don't know how. But I'm sure somebody else can post the document. I've seen it being posted before.

Edit: I found a copy on line for you.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338568/m1/7/

You really should refrain from telling me that I need to read Callaway's testimony a little more closely.  You're wrong.

I said "Before making his way up to the patrol car, Callaway first watched Oswald make his trek all the way down Patton to Jefferson."  This is exactly what Callaway says in his testimony (among other places).  To say that Callaway began making his way up to Tenth without first having watched the killer go all the way to Jefferson (even watched The killer turn west onto Jefferson) is a mistake.

You're also wrong when you claim that Callaway was already up to and near the alley (located at the halfway point in the block) when he encountered the killer.  Callaway went from the porch out to Patton and was a good fifty feet south of the alley when the killer passed.  The very photo you linked to (CE-539), which you claim shows Callaway near the alley, clearly shows Callaway standing well south of the alley.  In the image, do you see the brick building across the street and up the street somewhat?  That is exactly where the alley is, which is the halfway point down the block.  You need to orient yourself on this better than you have.