Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 86746 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2020, 01:41:06 AM »
Advertisement
Yes, nothing to see here.  Oswald just made a routine stop at his boarding house to get a pistol after knocking off early when someone shot the president from his building.  A perfectly normal thing to do.  He zipped up his shirt (which had only buttons).  And by bad luck just passed the Tippit murder scene on the way to the movies.  He also looked exactly like the murderer so that multiple witnesses identified him as the killer and more bad luck he had the same two brands of ammo as the killer used.  Decided to punch a cop instead of just asking what was going on etc.  Wow.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:44:19 AM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2020, 01:41:06 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2020, 01:42:34 AM »
The evidence I am pointing out is the silhouettes shown in the video. It doesn’t need any enhancing or require any additional persuasiveness. It is there for all to see with their own eyes.

Indeed, that's why I posted the video

The naysayers have already poo poo’d the statements I presented earlier by Hugh Aynesworth regarding Roberts sitting watching TV. So there was no need to repeat that when replying to your post.

Two comments; First of all I was not part of the conversation your refer to and secondly there is indeed no need to repeat it because we have Roberts on video showing us what she did and where she was.

We can all see the girl coming through the front door. And tell basically what she is wearing. Regardless of the fact that it is a poor quality video. It would be difficult to say what Roberts was able to see or not see, based only on that video and what we do believe happened. What is apparent to me is that the silhouette effect could have been a factor. And whether (in your opinion) that adds substance to the discussion or not, I couldn’t care less.

I must have struck a nerve. All this bla bla bla means there is more than reasonable doubt about what Roberts saw or not and that's a very weak position to argue that Oswald left the rooming house wearing a jacket.

Make up your mind about Roberts. Either she is credible or not. She said under oath that LHO was wearing a jacket and zipping it up as he left. You want to say that he wasn’t wearing a jacket??? Then your argument sheds doubt about everything she says.   ::)

Edit: Roberts says in the video that she was turning on the TV when LHO came in. She didn’t say that she was still standing at the TV when LHO left.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:49:20 AM by Charles Collins »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2020, 01:47:52 AM »
As I've mentioned before, someone might have seen Oswald walking along from the boarding house but upon finding out who he was, didn't come forward because of some of the things you've just pointed out. Buell took a lot of crap as well.
Bill: Check the claims made by one Eclan Elliott. He said he was out driving looking for his 14 year old daughter when he saw a man he later identified as Oswald near the Beckley address. He said there was no one on the street at that time; that everyone was inside watching the news about the shooting.

He was interviewed by Gus Russo in "Live by the Sword." Part of his account is below.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2020, 01:47:52 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2020, 02:15:03 AM »
Make up your mind about Roberts. Either she is credible or not. She said under oath that LHO was wearing a jacket and zipping it up as he left. You want to say that he wasn’t wearing a jacket??? Then your argument sheds doubt about everything she says.   ::)

No, she said under oath that LHO was zipping up a dark colored jacket as he left and she failed to identify CE 162 when it was shown to her. Based in that testimony alone you can not say whether he was wearing a jacket or not.

Edit: Roberts says in the video that she was turning on the TV when LHO came in. She didn’t say that she was still standing at the TV when LHO left.

Mr. BALL. Then, what happened after that?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2020, 02:17:14 AM »
Yes, nothing to see here.  Oswald just made a routine stop at his boarding house to get a pistol after knocking off early when someone shot the president from his building.  A perfectly normal thing to do.  He zipped up his shirt (which had only buttons).  And by bad luck just passed the Tippit murder scene on the way to the movies.  He also looked exactly like the murderer so that multiple witnesses identified him as the killer and more bad luck he had the same two brands of ammo as the killer used.  Decided to punch a cop instead of just asking what was going on etc.  Wow.

You're assuming way too much for which there is little or no evidence. But then, that's your thing all along; assumptions instead of facts.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2020, 02:17:14 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2020, 02:19:57 AM »
You're assuming way too much for which there is little or no evidence. But then, that's your thing all along; assumptions instead of facts.

Not a single assumption here.  Are you denying Oswald worked in the building from which the President was shot?  That he left to go to his boarding house?  That he got a pistol?  That he must have passed the Tippit murder scene on his way to the movies? That multiple witnesses identified him as the murder?  Where is any "assumption"?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:36:06 AM by Richard Smith »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2020, 02:28:11 AM »
No, she said under oath that LHO was zipping up a dark colored jacket as he left and she failed to identify CE 162 when it was shown to her. Based in that testimony alone you can not say whether he was wearing a jacket or not.

Mr. BALL. Then, what happened after that?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.

She testified under oath that LHO was wearing a jacket.

Roberts’ TV response was to Ball asking about the color of the shirt that LHO was wearing when he came in. (Not when he was leaving.) So what is your claim?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:29:57 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2020, 02:28:11 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2020, 02:39:45 AM »
Eclan Elliott ...was interviewed by Gus Russo in "Live by the Sword." Part of his account is below.

Here is Vincent Bugliosis (Reclaiming History) response to this claim:

Was this Oswald?