Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 86754 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2020, 12:16:36 AM »
Advertisement
"Except he wasn't carrying a gun when he was arrested."

Still haven't figured it out by now? So sad...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2020, 12:16:36 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2020, 12:39:02 AM »
Still haven't figured it out by now? So sad...

"Except he wasn't carrying a gun when he was arrested."

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2020, 03:00:34 AM »
:D

'Yet it doesn't fit with Roberts' testimony. She didn't remember a jacket... She remembered a zipper'
>>> Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?
Mr. BALL. Yes---it has a zipper down the front.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe it was.
Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.

BS.. there are no shadows inside a living room, nor is there ambient light in the middle of the day. Next to the front door there were three massive windows allowing daylight into the living room. If there was any place where the color of the jacket could be seen it was there.

Sure they deserved their day in court, but as they knew there wasn't going to be a trial, they could write whatever they wanted and probably did.

And still no answer to a very simple and easy to answer question for an honest man..... Go figure

Yet it doesn't fit with Roberts' testimony. She didn't remember a jacket... She remembered a zipper.
>>> Maybe Earlene mistook his fly for a jacket as the thing she saw him zipping up.;)
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
WTF are you babbling about?

‘BS.. there are no shadows inside a living room, nor is there ambient light in the middle of the day. Next to the front door there were three massive windows allowing daylight into the living room. If there was any place where the color of the jacket could be seen it was there.’
>>> Where did I say that there were shadows in the living room?  And are you sure the blinds weren’t drawn somewhat and that the 1.00pm sunlight was all that direct?

And are you sure that the ambient light from the snowy TV screen didn't factor in re light & dark values of the jacket? Are you sure that Earlene didn't inadvertently let her memory of the brown shirt somehow 'leak' into her description of the jacket?

1060 Beckley 1963 OH Lee not-so-safe house, Dallas
Looks kinda murky to me

‘Sure they deserved their day in court, but as they knew there wasn't going to be a trial they could write whatever they wanted’
>>> Point taken
‘And probably did’
>>> Speculation, a biased throwaway nothingburger.

‘And still no answer to a very simple and easy to answer question for an honest man..... Go figure’
>>> Feel free to point out the question you are referring to, as I requested in my last post.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:56:37 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2020, 03:00:34 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »
Yet it doesn't fit with Roberts' testimony. She didn't remember a jacket... She remembered a zipper.
>>> Maybe Earlene mistook his fly for a jacket as the thing she saw him zipping up.
WTF are you babbling about?

‘BS.. there are no shadows inside a living room, nor is there ambient light in the middle of the day. Next to the front door there were three massive windows allowing daylight into the living room. If there was any place where the color of the jacket could be seen it was there.’
>>> Where did I say that there were shadows in the living room?  And are you sure the blinds weren’t drawn somewhat and that the 1.00pm sunlight was all that direct?

And are you sure that the ambient light from the snowy TV screen didn't factor in re light & dark values of the jacket? Are you sure that Earlene didn't inadvertently let her memory of the brown shirt somehow 'leak' into her description of the jacket?

1060 Beckley 1963 OH Lee not-so-safe house, Dallas
Looks kinda murky to me

‘Sure they deserved their day in court, but as they knew there wasn't going to be a trial they could write whatever they wanted’
>>> Point taken
‘And probably did’
>>> Speculation, a biased throwaway nothingburger.

‘And still no answer to a very simple and easy to answer question for an honest man..... Go figure’
>>> Feel free to point out the question you are referring to, as I requested in my last post.

Just a guess, but if Roberts' memory of the lightness/darkness of the jacket is from seeing LHO zipping it up as he left the house through the front door, then it is possible, I suppose, that the background behind LHO was the front windows. And those windows would be letting in a lot of light (it was a sunny day). Therefore it is possible, I suppose that LHO would appear more or less as a silhouette with the bright light streaming in behind him (from her point of view). If this is the case, then I can understand why she would remember the jacket as being darker than the one she was shown. Regardless, she does seem to be undecided and is hedging her opinion about the jacket on the zipper.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2020, 02:42:27 PM »
I thought of the backlit thing myself. But she would have had to seen Oswald from the front or side to have seen the zipper. Or maybe she didn't actually see the zipper but went by his arm motion. It depends on where Earlene was situated vis-a-vis Oswald of course.

But I maintain that she might have somehow inadvertently merged her memory of the shirt colour in with her description of the jacket, given her lack of attention (she was concentrated on the TV) and compromised eyesight.

As an aside, she moved out that night as soon as everybody went to bed, according to Gladys Johnson, who also remarked that she looked 'scared'

Roberts died just 3 years later in case anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 03:01:19 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2020, 02:42:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2020, 03:20:01 PM »
I thought of the backlit thing myself. But she would have had to seen Oswald from the front or side to have seen the zipper. Or maybe she didn't actually see the zipper but went by his arm motion. It depends on where Earlene was situated vis-a-vis Oswald of course.

But I maintain that she might have somehow inadvertently merged her memory of the shirt colour in with her description of the jacket, given her lack of attention (she was concentrated on the TV) and compromised eyesight.

As an aside, she moved out that night as soon as everybody went to bed, according to Gladys Johnson, who also remarked that she looked 'scared'

I can only imagine the fear. And I have little doubt that the stress contributed to her death. It reminds me of Howard Brennan’s similar reaction. If anyone wants to get a feel for what it must have been like for some of the witnesses, I recommend Howard Brennan’s book “Eyewitness to History.” There are many others who were there in Dealey Plaza who either much later or never came forward. Dr. Glover (the girl in the blue sweater on the pedestal) tells of her mother, who was with her, never publicly telling of her experience. So we only have her daughter’s words to describe what she thinks her mother went through. The Dealey Plaza witness oral history section of The Sixth Floor Museum website is a good source to hear from some folks who only much later came forward.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »

It depends on where Earlene was situated vis-a-vis Oswald of course.

The television was in the right corner (looking towards the street) of the living room. The front door was three windows down to the left. Oswald left his room, crossed the living room and walked towards the front door. Roberts was looking at the TV and thus had her back turned to the living room.

Oswald probably only caught her eye just as he got level with her and opened the front door.

And just as inadvertently she might have mistaken a dark shirt for a jacket, just as Baker did in the lunchroom.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »

I can only imagine the fear. And I have little doubt that the stress contributed to her death. It reminds me of Howard Brennan’s similar reaction. If anyone wants to get a feel for what it must have been like for some of the witnesses, I recommend Howard Brennan’s book “Eyewitness to History.” There are many others who were there in Dealey Plaza who either much later or never came forward. Dr. Glover (the girl in the blue sweater on the pedestal) tells of her mother, who was with her, never publicly telling of her experience. So we only have her daughter’s words to describe what she thinks her mother went through. The Dealey Plaza witness oral history section of The Sixth Floor Museum website is a good source to hear from some folks who only much later came forward.

As I've mentioned before, someone might have seen Oswald walking along from the boarding house but upon finding out who he was, didn't come forward because of some of the things you've just pointed out. Buell took a lot of crap as well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:58:04 PM by Bill Chapman »