Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 86757 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2020, 02:57:07 PM »
Advertisement
The evidence I am pointing out is the silhouettes shown in the video. It doesn’t need any enhancing or require any additional persuasiveness. It is there for all to see with their own eyes.

Indeed, that's why I posted the video

The naysayers have already poo poo’d the statements I presented earlier by Hugh Aynesworth regarding Roberts sitting watching TV. So there was no need to repeat that when replying to your post.

Two comments; First of all I was not part of the conversation your refer to and secondly there is indeed no need to repeat it because we have Roberts on video showing us what she did and where she was.

We can all see the girl coming through the front door. And tell basically what she is wearing. Regardless of the fact that it is a poor quality video. It would be difficult to say what Roberts was able to see or not see, based only on that video and what we do believe happened. What is apparent to me is that the silhouette effect could have been a factor. And whether (in your opinion) that adds substance to the discussion or not, I couldn’t care less.

I must have struck a nerve. All this bla bla bla means there is more than reasonable doubt about what Roberts saw or not and that's a very weak position to argue that Oswald left the rooming house wearing a jacket.

Two comments; First of all I was not part of the conversation your refer to and secondly there is indeed no need to repeat it because we have Roberts on video showing us what she did and where she was.

I need to repeat it to dispute your apparent interpretation of what Roberts said.

Again, Roberts doesn’t say where she was when LHO left (only when he came in).

This is from one of my earlier posts (that you say you were not a part of):

Here’s what is written in the 11/28/63 [Dallas Morning News] story about this aspect:

“Mrs. Roberts noticed Oswald stand, momentarily at a bus stop on North Beckley after he left the house. She could see him there, through the front window, as she watched TV from the oval couch in the front room.
But Oswald didn’t wait long. He bolted to his left and hurried south, on Beckley - the last time Mrs. Roberts saw him until his image appeared on the TV screen an hour later.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2020, 02:57:07 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2020, 03:43:38 PM »
Your question was: If that isn’t reasonable doubt, what is it?

“Proof beyond a reasonable doubt does not involve proof to an absolute certainty. It is not proof beyond any doubt, nor is it an imaginary or frivolous doubt.”

Your idea that LHO left the rooming house without a jacket is in my opinion imaginary and frivolous. Therefore in my opinion, there is no reasonable doubt.

You can disagree with my opinion. But the Tippit murder witnesses did not use the jacket to identify LHO. They identified LHO and said he was wearing a jacket. Your argument for circular logic is false.

Your idea that LHO left the rooming house without a jacket is in my opinion imaginary and frivolous. Therefore in my opinion, there is no reasonable doubt.

It's not my idea that LHO left the rooming house without a jacket, it's yours that he did wear one! You solely rely on an unreliable witness who very likely would have been destroyed on cross examination by a defense lawyer. Reasonable doubt exists when the witness herself says she wasn't paying attention and there is no third party corroboration for what she says.

In this case all you have is Roberts saying that Oswald left the building wearing, what she believed was a jacket (because of the zipper action she could not have seen from the couch), that she had never seen before and that was darker than CE 162.

Marina, however confirmed that Oswald only had two jackets; the grey one and the blue/grey one that was later found at the TSBD. Testimony from Buell Frazier confirms that he saw Oswald wearing a grey jacket to Irving on Thursday night and we know he was wearing the blue/grey jacket to the TSBD on Friday morning. Which begs the question how the grey jacket CE 162 could have been at the rooming house on Friday morning and how Oswald could have left the rooming house wearing a jacket at all, as the blue/gray one was at the TSBD and the grey one in Irving.

That's enough to have reasonable doubt about what Roberts said.

You can disagree with my opinion. But the Tippit murder witnesses did not use the jacket to identify LHO. They identified LHO and said he was wearing a jacket. Your argument for circular logic is false.

It seems you don't understand what circular logic is. Your opinion is of no significance and neither is mine. The facts are what matters and in this case you have made my point for me.

Yes, the witnesses did identify LHO in a line up and said he was wearing a jacket, but that only means that the identifications were were probably wrong when it can be established that Oswald did not leave the rooming house wearing a jacket. In order to "prove" that he did, you are indeed using circular logic.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:02:02 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2020, 03:51:26 PM »

I need to repeat it to dispute your apparent interpretation of what Roberts said.

Again, Roberts doesn’t say where she was when LHO left (only when he came in).

This is from one of my earlier posts (that you say you were not a part of):

Here’s what is written in the 11/28/63 [Dallas Morning News] story about this aspect:

“Mrs. Roberts noticed Oswald stand, momentarily at a bus stop on North Beckley after he left the house. She could see him there, through the front window, as she watched TV from the oval couch in the front room.
But Oswald didn’t wait long. He bolted to his left and hurried south, on Beckley - the last time Mrs. Roberts saw him until his image appeared on the TV screen an hour later.”

Are you sure that's a verbatim quote and not just something the reporter wrote. Having been inside the rooming house myself, I am convinced there is no way that Roberts could have seen Oswald standing at the bus stop, as that was near the traffic lights at the right side of the building.

But if you prefer that Roberts was sitting on the couch, I have no problem with that. Depending where exactly she sat on the couch she would either (1) have seen Oswald's back as he walked out and her view would have been such that she should have been able to see the color of whatever it was he was wearing or (2) Oswald would have walked behind her and she would only see a glance of him as he came out of his room and/or walked through the front door.

The bottom line is that there are way too many variables and unanswered questions to say with any kind of certainty what Roberts did or did not see.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:11:06 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2020, 03:51:26 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2020, 06:00:27 PM »

It's not my idea that LHO left the rooming house without a jacket, it's yours that he did wear one! You solely rely on an unreliable witness who very likely would have been destroyed on cross examination by a defense lawyer. Reasonable doubt exists when the witness herself says she wasn't paying attention and there is no third party corroboration for what she says.

In this case all you have is Roberts saying that Oswald left the building wearing, what she believed was a jacket (because of the zipper action she could not have seen from the couch), that she had never seen before and that was darker than CE 162.

Marina, however confirmed that Oswald only had two jackets; the grey one and the blue/grey one that was later found at the TSBD. Testimony from Buell Frazier confirms that he saw Oswald wearing a grey jacket to Irving on Thursday night and we know he was wearing the blue/grey jacket to the TSBD on Friday morning. Which begs the question how the grey jacket CE 162 could have been at the rooming house on Friday morning and how Oswald could have left the rooming house wearing a jacket at all, as the blue/gray one was at the TSBD and the grey one in Irving.

It seems you don't understand what circular logic is. Your opinion is of no significance and neither is mine. The facts are what matters and in this case you have made my point for me.

Yes, the witnesses did identify LHO in a line up and said he was wearing a jacket, but that only means that the identifications were were probably wrong when it can be established that Oswald did not leave the rooming house wearing a jacket. In order to "prove" that he did, you are indeed using circular logic.

Totally wrong in all aspects. There are multiple witnesses who saw LHO during the Tippit murder and the flight from that scene who say that he was wearing a jacket. That was only minutes after he left the boarding house and in the same area. Therefore I am not relying solely on any one witness. And, for at least the third time, Roberts said that she wasn’t paying attention [to the color] when she was asked about the color of his shirt when he came in. She was clear in her testimony that he donned a jacket that zipped up. And hesitated only when asked if the jacket in evidence was the same jacket. With all that evidence indicating he had a jacket on, your trying to create doubt that he was even wearing a jacket at all (based on Roberts not being sure enough to positively identify the jacket in evidence) is not reasonable.

Lee didn’t live with Marina. Therefore Marina had no way of knowing what LHO had or didn’t have at the rooming house. Who knows where the jacket came from? He could have picked it up anywhere and kept it in his room without Marina knowing about it. This is a non-issue. There is no reasonable doubt.

Please explain how it can be established that LHO did not leave the rooming house wearing a jacket. You said that you were making no claims when I asked earlier. But it appears that now you are claiming this. You are being way more wishy washy that Roberts!

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »

Buell wasn't paying attention either

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »

'the identifications were were probably wrong'
>>> Oswald probably shot Kennedy

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2020, 09:48:08 PM »

Totally wrong in all aspects. There are multiple witnesses who saw LHO during the Tippit murder and the flight from that scene who say that he was wearing a jacket. That was only minutes after he left the boarding house and in the same area. Therefore I am not relying solely on any one witness. And, for at least the third time, Roberts said that she wasn’t paying attention [to the color] when she was asked about the color of his shirt when he came in. She was clear in her testimony that he donned a jacket that zipped up. And hesitated only when asked if the jacket in evidence was the same jacket. With all that evidence indicating he had a jacket on, your trying to create doubt that he was even wearing a jacket at all (based on Roberts not being sure enough to positively identify the jacket in evidence) is not reasonable.

Lee didn’t live with Marina. Therefore Marina had no way of knowing what LHO had or didn’t have at the rooming house. Who knows where the jacket came from? He could have picked it up anywhere and kept it in his room without Marina knowing about it. This is a non-issue. There is no reasonable doubt.

Please explain how it can be established that LHO did not leave the rooming house wearing a jacket. You said that you were making no claims when I asked earlier. But it appears that now you are claiming this. You are being way more wishy washy that Roberts!

In CT Wonderland, nothing can be known, nothing can be proven, and nothing is believable.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:49:34 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2020, 09:48:08 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2020, 10:01:37 PM »

Your desperation is showing.

Totally wrong in all aspects. There are multiple witnesses who saw LHO during the Tippit murder and the flight from that scene who say that he was wearing a jacket. That was only minutes after he left the boarding house and in the same area. Therefore I am not relying solely on any one witness.

Yes, you are relying on one witness, because nobody, except Roberts saw Oswald leave the rooming house. Using the witnesses who allegedly saw Oswald wearing a jacket at the Tippit scene is 50% of the circular logic trap you seem stuck in and don't understand.

And, for at least the third time, Roberts said that she wasn’t paying attention [to the color] when she was asked about the color of his shirt when he came in. She was clear in her testimony that he donned a jacket that zipped up.

No she wasn't. It was only because she had seen him "zipping up" something that she concluded he was wearing a jacket.

Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.

And hesitated only when asked if the jacket in evidence was the same jacket.

There was no hestitation. She clearly did not identifiy CE 162 as the jacket she had seen. According to her the jacket Oswald was wearing was darker.

With all that evidence indicating he had a jacket on, your trying to create doubt that he was even wearing a jacket at all (based on Roberts not being sure enough to positively identify the jacket in evidence) is not reasonable.

Yeah, just like anybody who is not convinced by the WC narrative isn't reasonable either. It's like a prosecutor who can not present a convincing case complaining about the jury he can't convince. What's really unreasonable is a failure to look at all the evidence and try to make sense of it. By simply jumping to conclusions and dismissing/ignoring evidence you do not like, it is you who is not reasonable. But that's par for the course for LNs, so no surprise there.

There is no "all that evidence indicating he had a jacket on". There is one woman, blind in one eye, not paying much attention, not sure of the color of the jacket and unable to identify CE 162, who says Oswald left the rooming house wearing a jacket. That's it!

Lee didn’t live with Marina. Therefore Marina had no way of knowing what LHO had or didn’t have at the rooming house.

Really? She did his washing and, more importantly, only two jackets were found in Oswald's possession. The dark/grey one found at the TSBD and CE 162, which Marina confirmed as belonging to Oswald.

Who knows where the jacket came from?

The problem for you is that Marina identified CE 162 as one of those two jackets. If there were more than two jackets, where did they go? The police searched Ruth Paine's house and Oswald's room at the boarding house and did not find any other jacket than the two we know about.

Strangely enough CE 162 showed up at the police station a couple of hours after Oswald's arrest. Captain Westbrook said in his testimony that he gave the white jacket found at the car park to an unidentified officer and from there it disappeared out of sight only to surface again at the police station, as a grey jacket with initials on it from officers that never were at the parking lot where the jacket was found and thus no part of the chain of custody. Obviously it's merely a coincidence that roundabout that same time the officers arrived back from the first search of Ruth Paine's house with various pieces of evidence, right?

I notice you ignored Buell Frazier's testimony about Oswald wearing a grey jacket to Irving on Thursday evening. Now, why did you do that? Too inconvenient, perhaps?

You clearly are no legal eagle, so I'll let it slide that you don't understand any of this. I'll try to explain again if you try to keep up.

First of all, I am not claiming anything. If the available evidence shows that Oswald left the rooming house wearing the grey jacket (CE 162), then so be it. But that's not what the evidence shows. You've got one unreliable witness with a questionable story and no corroboration when there is other, albeit circumstantial evidence, to show that the jacket CE 162 (the one you claim Oswald was wearing) simply could not have been at the rooming house on Friday morning. This is where your problem lies; you can not conclusively show that Oswald did in fact leave the rooming house wearing CE 162. All you can do is assume it and use circular logic to try and substantiate it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:09:32 PM by Martin Weidmann »