Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald smoke?  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Did Oswald smoke?
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »
Advertisement
According to one of Oswalds fellow employees at the Reilly Coffee Company, Mr . ARTURO MENDEZ RODRIGUEZ, Oswald used smoke. Here is the FBI report on him:

He stated that when the workers took a break, OSWALD always stayed by himself, sometimes he went to the driveway and smoked a cigarette and sometimes he just sat in a chair and appeared to stare into space.

LINK: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh23/pdf/WH23_CE_1898.pdf

This is the only instance I know of where Oswald smoked. In "Marina And Lee" Marina said that Oswald hated that Marina used smoke and once stubbed a cigarette out on her shoulder.

Something a miss here?

JFK Assassination Forum

Did Oswald smoke?
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: Did Oswald smoke?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »
According to one of Oswalds fellow employees at the Reilly Coffee Company, Mr . ARTURO MENDEZ RODRIGUEZ, Oswald used smoke. Here is the FBI report on him:

He stated that when the workers took a break, OSWALD always stayed by himself, sometimes he went to the driveway and smoked a cigarette and sometimes he just sat in a chair and appeared to stare into space.

LINK: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh23/pdf/WH23_CE_1898.pdf

This is the only instance I know of where Oswald smoked. In "Marina And Lee" Marina said that Oswald hated that Marina used smoke and once stubbed a cigarette out on her shoulder.

Something a miss here?

I have read quite a number of accounts about LHO from many people who knew him personally. Nothing that I have read (until now) suggests that LHO smoked. I believe that Arturo was most likely remembering this incorrectly. He was interviewed five months after LHO worked there. And I would guess that the coffee company had a significant amount of turnover of personnel in that type of position. He might have confused the cigarette smoking with someone else who had recently worked there.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 03:15:55 PM »
I don't know if he smoked, but he would have burned had he ever gone to trial.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 03:15:55 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 09:09:10 PM »

I have read quite a number of accounts about LHO from many people who knew him personally. Nothing that I have read (until now) suggests that LHO smoked. I believe that Arturo was most likely remembering this incorrectly. He was interviewed five months after LHO worked there. And I would guess that the coffee company had a significant amount of turnover of personnel in that type of position. He might have confused the cigarette smoking with someone else who had recently worked there.

Same here. The description of Oswald staring into space sounds kind of odd too. Unless Oswald was trying to get fired so he could go on social security again.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
I don't know if he smoked, but he would have burned had he ever gone to trial.

You're being facetious of course , but if you were being serious I doubt that you'd bet any money on Lee being convicted if they hadn't lynched him, and he had his day in court.    The very fact that there are thousands of people who doubt that the Warren Report is the truth, would cause an intelligent person to  doubt that Lee would have been convicted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 04:18:08 PM »
You're being facetious of course , but if you were being serious I doubt that you'd bet any money on Lee being convicted if they hadn't lynched him, and he had his day in court.    The very fact that there are thousands of people who doubt that the Warren Report is the truth, would cause an intelligent person to  doubt that Lee would have been convicted.

He would have been convicted before the Warren Commission Report could have been completed. And the Warren Commission would most likely never had existed. Texas had jurisdiction.

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 02:37:57 AM »
Yeah, stared into space, wife abuser ... what?  Didn't he bring a rifle to work at Reilly so he could target practice? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 02:37:57 AM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 02:40:58 AM »
I think he would have been convicted because he would have gone to trial in early 1964.   At that time there was no information available to contradict the DPD and FBI opinion that he acted alone.    Back in those days it didn't take years for a case to get to trial.