Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Unseeing the Headshot  (Read 12393 times)

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Unseeing the Headshot
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2020, 03:39:07 AM »
Advertisement
FWIW, I retrace the entire history of wound ballistics literature in chapter 16 and 16b of my website, patspeer.com, and demonstrate that the explosion of Kennedy's skull was many times what one would expect should Kennedy have been struck by a bullet on the back of the skull that traversed the brain without breaking up before exploding from the top of the skull. It's night and day. (And gruesome. Beware.)

One of my most firmly held beliefs about the shooting of JFK has been overturned.
After reading your work relating to the head shot I am convinced the shot came from behind.
It explains the large flap of scalp that seems to be blown from the upper part of the skull and is hanging down by the side of JFK's head (exposing the inside of the scalp)
The biggest sticking point for me was JFK's head and body movement - back and to the left.
At the moment of impact JFK's chin appears to be resting on his chest. The tremendous force of the 'explosion' forces his chin further into his chest which then causes his head to rebound backwards.
No neuromuscular reaction.
No "jet effect".
Just simple physics.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 03:41:13 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2020, 03:39:07 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2020, 08:43:23 PM »
One of my most firmly held beliefs about the shooting of JFK has been overturned.
After reading your work relating to the head shot I am convinced the shot came from behind.
It explains the large flap of scalp that seems to be blown from the upper part of the skull and is hanging down by the side of JFK's head (exposing the inside of the scalp)
The biggest sticking point for me was JFK's head and body movement - back and to the left.
At the moment of impact JFK's chin appears to be resting on his chest. The tremendous force of the 'explosion' forces his chin further into his chest which then causes his head to rebound backwards.
No neuromuscular reaction.
No "jet effect".
Just simple physics.

Simple physics? How does it explain a non-exploding FMJ bullet shot from behind exploding in JFK's head, forcing his head backwards and to the left?

Note the hinged skull fragments at the right temple blowout. That is an entrance wound from a frangible bullet that exploded in JFK's head causing most of the damage you see above. This pushed JFK's head violently to the left.

However, another entrance wound from a near simultaneous shot came from the front at JFK's hairline, right about here...

That shot blew out a fist sized hole in the occipital region at the back of JFK's head, which was blacked out on the Z film. That shot pushed JFK's head violently backward.

Otherwise, how does your physics explain the explosion in JFK's head that blew his scalp backwards? (note the blacked out region at the back of JFK's head, which was done using an optical printer while making a copy of the Z film, which is what Zapruder had returned to him)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:57:05 AM by Jack Trojan »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:47 AM »
A Pressure Cavity Blew Kennedy's Head Apart
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/exploded.htm

The simplest assumption about the explosion of Kennedy's head is that an exiting bullet ripped a large defect and the bullet and brain matter exited at the defect. In fact, the process was a bit more complicated. When a bullet hits human tissue, it loses a lot of energy in under a millisecond, and that energy has to go somewhere. In fact, the energy creates a pressure cavily in the tissue — almost as though a small stick of dynamite had been set off within the body.

You mean like the huge exit hole that the magic bullet blew out of JFK's throat? Or was that exit wound actually a tiny hole in his throat which was disguised by performing a tracheostomy on a dead man? I guess the tiny bullet exit hole wasn't big enough to put a tracheostomy tube thru. JFK's corpse wound up getting a hole cut in his throat so big it surely would have killed him if he wasn't dead already. All to cover up a bullet entrance wound like this post-surgery Dr. Humes performed on JFK to remove a small hole in his head from another shot from the front.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:57:41 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:47 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2020, 12:35:58 PM »
Simple physics? How does it explain a non-exploding FMJ bullet shot from behind exploding in JFK's head, forcing his head backwards and to the left?

Note the hinged skull fragments at the right temple blowout. That is an entrance wound from a frangible bullet that exploded in JFK's head causing most of the damage you see above. This pushed JFK's head violently to the left.

However, another entrance wound from a near simultaneous shot came from the front at JFK's hairline, right about here...

That shot blew out a fist sized hole in the occipital region at the back of JFK's head, which was blacked out on the Z film. That shot pushed JFK's head violently backward.

Otherwise, how does your physics explain the explosion in JFK's head that blew his scalp backwards? (note the blacked out region at the back of JFK's head, which was done using an optical printer while making a copy of the Z film, which is what Zapruder had returned to him)

Hi jack,

If you read the OP you will see that I had pretty much the same opinion as yourself right now.
I'll try to explain what I'm seeing now but I also spent a bit of time reading Pat Speer's work regarding the history of headshots and how it relates to JFK. It was quite illuminating and helped me understand the discrepancy I was seeing in the Z-film regarding how JFK's scalp was hanging forward in the Z-film (something you seem not to have noticed).

The first point is to clear up this notion of a bullet exploding in JFK's head. You mention it a couple of times in your post and I don't know where you're getting that information from. I can't find anyone who says the bullet explodes in his head.

As for JFK's head movement - even though I explained my current view in the post you responded to (which you don't seem to have picked up on) I would like to look into it further. I would like to ask you a serious question - If you study the Gif I posted (Reply #56)
of the moment of the headshot, what is the very first movement of JFK's head immediately after the impact?

One last thing, you're idea that the Z-film has been altered to cover up a blow out in JFK's head is  BS:
The Z-film has not been altered.
To any observer of the moment of the assassination, the most obvious giveaway that there is a shot from somewhere other than the TSBD is the 'back and to the left' movement of JFK. If that can't be altered there's no point in altering anything else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:46:22 AM by Dan O'meara »

Offline Allan Fritzke

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2020, 08:12:03 AM »

I have based the gif on the Lightbox frames available,   Z350,Z353,Z356,Z359  are not available to use.   Each of these are 3 frames apart which would slow the car down in the gif.     They are valuable as it gives clearer definition of how high Jacqueline's arm is above JFK's head when leaving the car seat.  When I aligned the images with the car seat to keep it stationary, it removes much of slight frontal movement you see in Dan's gif.   My gif shows that his head doesn't move forward - maybe slightly!

Jacqueline's reactions coincide well with Z323 and Z330 (with windshield light aberration), her shock, and splatter seen on her dress thereafter.  She really takes notice at Z325 and shocked at Z337 when her gaze comes up from looking earlier at his chest and hand in that area that she is observing. If skull cracking at Z313, didn't immediately alert her to head issues, I don't know what did?  Looks clearer in Gimp Software.   "Two shots in quick succession" as reporter at the scene said in his radio interview which coincides with pseudo Malcom Summers rolling in the grass beside Altgens.   Some suggested car momentarily halted, would make sense using an automatic pistol and having the SS jump off the back car and catch the front!  At 10 mph constant speed or car speeding up from that - impossible even if it was a big boat! 

https://i.postimg.cc/6QVrNjnQ/z310toz371-8bit.gif

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2020, 08:12:03 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2020, 12:51:35 PM »

I have based the gif on the Lightbox frames available,   Z350,Z353,Z356,Z359  are not available to use.   Each of these are 3 frames apart which would slow the car down in the gif.     They are valuable as it gives clearer definition of how high Jacqueline's arm is above JFK's head when leaving the car seat.  When I aligned the images with the car seat to keep it stationary, it removes much of slight frontal movement you see in Dan's gif.   My gif shows that his head doesn't move forward - maybe slightly!

Jacqueline's reactions coincide well with Z323 and Z330 (with windshield light aberration), her shock, and splatter seen on her dress thereafter.  She really takes notice at Z325 and shocked at Z337 when her gaze comes up from looking earlier at his chest and hand in that area that she is observing. If skull cracking at Z313, didn't immediately alert her to head issues, I don't know what did?  Looks clearer in Gimp Software.   "Two shots in quick succession" as reporter at the scene said in his radio interview which coincides with pseudo Malcom Summers rolling in the grass beside Altgens.   Some suggested car momentarily halted, would make sense using an automatic pistol and having the SS jump off the back car and catch the front!  At 10 mph constant speed or car speeding up from that - impossible even if it was a big boat! 

https://i.postimg.cc/6QVrNjnQ/z310toz371-8bit.gif

Hi Allan,
the copy you have created is really poor quality and has lost a great amount of detail. Let's stick with the far superior quality copy I posted:

As you correctly pointed out, the very first movement of JFK's head after the impact is forward.
I would argue that, after he is first shot, JFK begins to lower his head and just before the headshot his chin is, more or less, resting on his chest. That's how it appears to me at least.
When we look at the horrifying Gif John posted showing the full extent of JFK's head injury, we must conclude that an immense amount of force was required to cause that amount of damage and that a force this great would knock JFK's head around on his neck showing us from which direction the force came. Until recently I was convinced that the 'back and to the left' motion of JFK's head clearly demonstrated that the force which destroyed JFK's head came from the front right.
However, in the OP I show that doubts creep into to this way of looking at things when I notice that the massive flap of blown-out scalp hanging from the side of JFK's head hangs forward.
Reading Pat Speer's work on headshots convinced me that the shot came from behind and it explained why the 'massive flap of blown-out scalp' looks the way it does.
This left me with the 'back and to the left' motion'.
How could this be caused by a shot from the back?

Once I was looking at it as a shot/force from behind it became obvious:

A massive force is applied to the upper part of JFK's head from behind
JFK's head pivots forward on his neck
However, his chin is resting on his chest so this forward momentum of his head, 'rebounding' off his chest, is converted into upwards and backwards momentum.
JFK's head pivots backwards moving his body slightly backwards as well.

If this above scenario is correct then the very first movement we should see after the impact to JFK's head is forward
And this is exactly what we do see

One final point
when JFK's head rebounds, it is not rebounding backwards but upwards
I believe this upwards momentum is reflected in JFK's arm movements after the impact of the headshot which seem to have an 'upward component' to them.

I see you have your usual nonsense about Jackie's reaction time and Malcolm Summers diving out of the way of shots being fired.
I know you view every scratch, mark, line, blur on the Z-film as potential alteration and I know I'll never be able to dissuade you from  this tinfoil approach so I usually ignore it but I am completely fascinated by these sentences:

"Some suggested car momentarily halted, would make sense using an automatic pistol and having the SS jump off the back car and catch the front!  At 10 mph constant speed or car speeding up from that - impossible even if it was a big boat!"

What are you saying here?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 01:36:06 AM by Dan O'meara »

Offline Allan Fritzke

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2020, 08:06:23 PM »
Yes I can't recreate the quality I have in Gimp using the original lightbox frames gif'd together.  I actually tried video taping it but it is grainy.   However using a poor quality slowed down video recreation has its benefits.  Each one of the frames should show JFK's head.   I believe there is a great amount of editing which took place.   If you follow the whole mass of his head and the golden nugget that is placed over it, either he has no head or the head is behind it and masked off.   If you believe that there are "real" autopsy photos available, they do not line up with golden globe seen in film.  Nor with a tracheotomy being done on a wound not located over the windpipe but off to the side.  To be honest, I think the head was just starting to move forward with his initial injury done a few seconds earlier and a slump occurring that you are seeing.   I see evidence of all heads in vehicle moving forward moments later when the brakes were applied too. 

In other words,  if the shot came from the front or grassy knoll and knocked off part of his skullcap off at Z330  (initial doctors in Dallas declared this),  it makes sense.   That is also backed up by the press release early that day by Malcom Kilduff at hospital and where he placed his hand pointing to the wound on himself and told the public Kennedy was dead.

It would lead to credibility that it was a frontal / possible side shot to the head while his head was down.   Pure speculation on my part, but some material fell out from the RHS location of the wound as shown in Z335.  Having the wound off to the RHS was why Jacqueline's reaction was delayed and she likely responded more to a skullcap breakage at Z330 and then seeing what dropped to his lap.  The other side of his head showed no signs of injury.

I think at that point the head was located facing down and front.  However we see no head there and can't visualize where it disappeared to other than pictoral blending obscuring it!  John Mytton's post #35 points this out well.  Head on both side of white glove, where is the head????  We only see sunlight glimmer at front but no head there!

Missing Lightbox frames show her hand going way up (Costella frames Z350 & Z353) above his head.   

You can clearly see Jacqueline's glove path, even in my poorly presented gif over the entire Z340 interval!  Note also Kennedy's head rolls back at the same time as Connally's body does when the car accelerates.  As head rolled back, she had to lift her arm higher to clear it!

I will try again to get a better video.  You can't concentrate on the few frames that you have represented.  Jacqueline was unfazed by it for at least half a second - way too much reaction delay if you heard skull blow up in your face and your face located in the cloud that made that explosion!  To me it is an impossible shot.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2020, 08:06:23 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2020, 09:07:26 PM »
Hi jack,

If you read the OP you will see that I had pretty much the same opinion as yourself right now.
I'll try to explain what I'm seeing now but I also spent a bit of time reading Pat Speer's work regarding the history of headshots and how it relates to JFK. It was quite illuminating and helped me understand the discrepancy I was seeing in the Z-film regarding how JFK's scalp was hanging forward in the Z-film (something you seem not to have noticed).

I already know your position and I'll repeat that you can't base any conclusions on how JFK's scalp was hanging, especially if a frangible bullet was used, which it was.

The first point is to clear up this notion of a bullet exploding in JFK's head. You mention it a couple of times in your post and I don't know where you're getting that information from. I can't find anyone who says the bullet explodes in his head.

Are you a newbie? Dr. Cyril H. Wecht has contended for decades that a frangible bullet exploded in JFK's head.

How can the magic bullet smash thru 3 bones and cause 7 wounds with no blow outs and show up pristine on the wrong stretcher with no DNA on it and the headshot bullet causes 3 massive blowouts and disintegrates in JFK's head? What kind of ballistics accounts for that without an explosion being involved? You should be able to answer with some simple physics.

As for JFK's head movement - even though I explained my current view in the post you responded to (which you don't seem to have picked up on) I would like to look into it further. I would like to ask you a serious question - If you study the Gif I posted (Reply #56)
of the moment of the headshot, what is the very first movement of JFK's head immediately after the impact?

Since Charles Nicoletti's shot from the overpass was a fraction of a second before James Files' shot from the knoll, JFK's head recoiled backward until Files' frangible bullet exploded in JFK's head forcing it to the left and blowing out JFK's right temple. The explosion also blew out the top of the skull where Nicoletti's shot entered and exited thru the occipital region in the back of the skull. This is based on the trajectory of Nicoletti's shot from the overpass:

You can see the explosion as the frangible bullet blows out JFK's right temple:

One last thing, you're idea that the Z-film has been altered to cover up a blow out in JFK's head is  BS:
The Z-film has not been altered.
To any observer of the moment of the assassination, the most obvious giveaway that there is a shot from somewhere other than the TSBD is the 'back and to the left' movement of JFK. If that can't be altered there's no point in altering anything else.

How could you possibly know that the Z film has not been altered? Because it has. The FBI returned a COPY of the Z film to Zapruder, which had sections spliced out, which Zapruder could not account for. The FBI claims someone damaged the film and spliced it back together. Sure.

If this was a conspiracy, then the FBI scrubbed the film for any evidence that countered the LN narrative. That would include anything that happened as the limo rounded the turn onto Elm St. and nearly stopped directly in front of the TSBD to avoid curbing out. Why didn't Oswald take the shot then? JFK was stopped only 60 feet in front of him. Why did he wait so long before taking the 1st shot? At any rate, the FBI felt the need to remove that section of the film before making a copy of it.

Other possible edits include removing any signs of a shot from the front, such as the blow out at the back of JFK's head. That one is easy-peasy. Just black out the back of the head on the original Z film on a few frames such as 323, before you make a copy:

One last edit might have been to decimate some frames to speed up the limo at the Turkey Shoot point, where it slowed down to a near stop so Hill could climb aboard. You can easily do that with an optical printer when you are making copies. You wouldn't need to skip very many frames to speed it up just enough to avoid a complete stop. You wouldn't even notice the discrepancy between the Z and Nix films but it is easy enough to do that for all the films. Was anyone returned an original negative? If the FBI gave up the original negatives, we would know. So where are they?

But the real question you should be asking yourself is why the limo slowed down at all. Where in the SS training manual does it say when you are driving the POTUS around and you hear gunshots you should slow down, especially at the Turkey Shoot Point? Then apparently you are supposed to turn around and watch the POTUS' head explode before stepping on the gas and getting outta Dodge.

Face it, this was a conspiracy and the FBI were the cleaners. Their job was to scrub all evidence of anything that contradicted the LN narrative. That included confiscating all photos and films at the scene, and any forensic evidence and testimony from witnesses. Hoover's orders.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:20:49 AM by Jack Trojan »