Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Getting inside Oswalds mind - his library books  (Read 9585 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Getting inside Oswalds mind - his library books
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2020, 05:14:58 PM »
Advertisement
Recall what Oswald once said (apparently on the ship he was on as he returned from the USSR)?

He said:  "I wonder what would happen if someone would stand up and say he was utterly opposed not only to the governments, but to the people, to the entire land and complete foundation of his society."

Oswald rejected America when he defected (well before JFK was president). He told Thornley that he rejected it. He told everyone he talked to this. He said similar things when he was 16 and 17. Some young friends of his said Oswald shockingly told them that Eisenhower should be shot.

JFK likely personified what he disliked. Whether it was Eisenhower or JFK or LBJ or whomever; he was shooting at the system he hated as much as the man. But I don't think a person who revered Castro would also "like" JFK. Oswald may have liked JFK for his civil rights stance; but I don't think he liked JFK the anti-Castroite at all.

Let's not ignore what his brother said about his political views

When Lee got back from Russia, the way he talked about the Russian system, he didn’t talk about it politically, in the sense that he was wrapped up in communism or Marxism. He was making fun of how inept they were, and he was making fun of them all the time. …

He wasn’t political. He really wasn’t. I say that in all honesty, because he tried to become what he needed to be to achieve his immediate objectives; i.e., he needed to be a Marxist and accept the Russians [to] get the experience in Russia. When he returned to the United States, he didn’t want to be a Russian. He wanted to be an American, to be accepted by the American society, and so wherever he was … he wanted to be accepted. He wasn’t political. He was what’s convenient to be...

I think it says that he is very pragmatic, and he’s going to go with the punches. He’s going to fit in to where he needs to fit in to accomplish what he needs to accomplish … what is very essential to get by with, to be somebody. That’s what it comes down to — he wanted to be unique, by whatever it took

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/interview-robert-oswald/

There's plenty of evidence that Oswald disliked Gen. Edwin Walker.

In contrast, Investigators couldn't find any witnesses or documented evidence to support the assumption that he disliked JFK.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 05:19:55 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2020, 05:14:58 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2020, 09:34:09 PM »

When Lee got back from Russia, the way he talked about the Russian system, he didn’t talk about it politically, in the sense that he was wrapped up in communism or Marxism. He was making fun of how inept they were, and he was making fun of them all the time. …

He wasn’t political. He really wasn’t. I say that in all honesty, because he tried to become what he needed to be to achieve his immediate objectives; i.e., he needed to be a Marxist and accept the Russians [to] get the experience in Russia. When he returned to the United States, he didn’t want to be a Russian. He wanted to be an American, to be accepted by the American society, and so wherever he was … he wanted to be accepted. He wasn’t political. He was what’s convenient to be...

I think it says that he is very pragmatic, and he’s going to go with the punches. He’s going to fit in to where he needs to fit in to accomplish what he needs to accomplish … what is very essential to get by with, to be somebody. That’s what it comes down to — he wanted to be unique, by whatever it took

In contrast, Investigators couldn't find any witnesses or documented evidence to support the assumption that he disliked JFK.

Walker lived in Dallas.  He was a right winger.   A target of opportunity for Oswald.  It's easy to understand how and why Oswald targeted Walker.  JFK was a target of chance.  His motorcade, by chance, passed Oswald's place of work which afforded Oswald an opportunity to assassinate him.  As discussed above, the fact that Oswald had no apparent personal animosity to JFK does not create any doubt of his guilt.  The direct and circumstantial evidence links Oswald to the crime beyond any doubt.  While Oswald's subjective "motive" for committing the crime is obviously of historical interest, it is not necessary to demonstrate that he was the assassin.  And there is a multitude of examples of Oswald's intense hatred of the American system of government.  Of which JFK, as President of the United States, is both the literal and figurative head.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2020, 09:35:27 PM »
I wouldn't take too much notice of Bill's 'cartoon
LOL. You then go on to essentially repeat what the video said.

WTF?

Hi Bill, yeah, now I'm reading that back it sounds far harsher than I intended. Sorry about that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2020, 09:35:27 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
Walker lived in Dallas.  He was a right winger.   A target of opportunity for Oswald.  It's easy to understand how and why Oswald targeted Walker.  JFK was a target of chance.  His motorcade, by chance, passed Oswald's place of work which afforded Oswald an opportunity to assassinate him.  As discussed above, the fact that Oswald had no apparent personal animosity to JFK does not create any doubt of his guilt.  The direct and circumstantial evidence links Oswald to the crime beyond any doubt.  While Oswald's subjective "motive" for committing the crime is obviously of historical interest, it is not necessary to demonstrate that he was the assassin.  And there is a multitude of examples of Oswald's intense hatred of the American system of government.  Of which JFK, as President of the United States, is both the literal and figurative head.

The topic of the thread is “Oswald’s mindset”, not whether we think he’s guilty or innocent.

I have said previously that the lack of an identifiable motive doesn’t exonerate Oswald in JFK’s murder.

Just noting that the patterns of the Walker incident and JFK incidents are totally different...

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »

Volkmar Schmidt said he talked with Oswald at a party they attended (February '63) and Oswald "seethed" with anger about JFK over the Bay of Pigs. The problem for Schimdt was that he was interviewed by the FBI shortly after the assassination and told them Oswald never mentioned JFK or that he was angry with him. So it's not a very believable story. But IF they did discuss politics - and the missile crisis had just taken place three months before - and Cuba was mentioned I don't see how Oswald would express a "liking" for JFK on the matter.

Castro reportedly said that Oswald threatened to kill JFK when he, Oswald, was denied a transit visa at the Cuban consulate. Castro later denied this and the Cuban employees at the consulate said they heard no such thing. I tend to doubt Oswald made the threat but I'm stumped as to why Castro would make the story up (he told Jack Childs, according to Childs, this in a private conversation)

Oswald regularly read publications - the Daily Worker and the Militant - that denounced JFK over his Cuban policies. In one of them that he subscribed to it included excerpts from a speech from Castro denouncing JFK as a gangster.

Oswald adored Castro. I don't think he would have liked JFK's anti-Castro's statements or policies. It makes no sense that he would.

Finally, if Oswald was framed then why didn't these powerful conspirators tell Marina or Ruth Paine or anyone to say he hated JFK? Or plant material indicating it? It makes no sense. It's impossible to prove that Oswald wasn't framed by elements of the government. But the fact that such things as showing he hated JFK really calls into questions why such conspirators wouldn't manufacture that.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:08:51 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2020, 10:04:27 PM »
The topic of the thread is “Oswald’s mindset”, not whether we think he’s guilty or innocent.

I have said previously that the lack of an identifiable motive doesn’t exonerate Oswald in JFK’s murder.

Just noting that the patterns of the Walker incident and JFK incidents are totally different...

There are obvious reasons for a Marxist-nut like Oswald to hate Walker as a right winger. There are less obvious signs of animosity toward JFK.  So what?  I'm not sure that I understand the point of noting that the "patterns" are totally different unless it is to imply doubt as to Oswald's involvement in the JFK assassination by contrasting those differences.  And that is a false premise for the reasons noted.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2020, 11:39:53 PM »
Volkmar Schmidt said he talked with Oswald at a party they attended (February '63) and Oswald "seethed" with anger about JFK over the Bay of Pigs. The problem for Schimdt was that he was interviewed by the FBI shortly after the assassination and told them Oswald never mentioned JFK or that he was angry with him. So it's not a very believable story. But IF they did discuss politics - and the missile crisis had just taken place three months before - and Cuba was mentioned I don't see how Oswald would express a "liking" for JFK on the matter.

Castro reportedly said that Oswald threatened to kill JFK when he, Oswald, was denied a transit visa at the Cuban consulate. Castro later denied this and the Cuban employees at the consulate said they heard no such thing. I tend to doubt Oswald made the threat but I'm stumped as to why Castro would make the story up (he told Jack Childs, according to Childs, this in a private conversation)

Oswald regularly read publications - the Daily Worker and the Militant - that denounced JFK over his Cuban policies. In one of them that he subscribed to it included excerpts from a speech from Castro denouncing JFK as a gangster.

Oswald adored Castro. I don't think he would have liked JFK's anti-Castro's statements or policies. It makes no sense that he would.

Finally, if Oswald was framed then why didn't these powerful conspirators tell Marina or Ruth Paine or anyone to say he hated JFK? Or plant material indicating it? It makes no sense. It's impossible to prove that Oswald wasn't framed by elements of the government. But the fact that such things as showing he hated JFK really calls into questions why such conspirators wouldn't manufacture that.

Most of the examples of Oswald’s saying nice things about JFK occurred after the Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis. He didn’t mention anything negative about Kennedy in his writings between 62’ and 63’.

Marina mentioned that Lee told her positive things about Kennedy while they were in Russia.

The closest to a possible attempt to frame Oswald as “anti-Kennedy” is maybe the Sylvia Odio incident if we accept her story at face value...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2020, 11:39:53 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2020, 02:51:20 AM »
IMO, Oswald displayed enough psychopathic tendencies (we all have a few mild ones) to be a clinical psychopath. One of the psychopathic tendencies is the compulsion to lie and mislead for no real reason.
                           A real retro-analyst there folks.