Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK & Sasquatch Researcher Bill Miller Passed Away On October 1st  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Pat Speer

Re: JFK & Sasquatch Researcher Bill Miller Passed Away On October 1st
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 07:30:35 PM »
Advertisement
In his years on the Ed Forum, Bill would occasionally mention his interest in Bigfoot. To my recollection it was an interest, in that he was not a proponent that Bigfoot was real. It was just something he had fun with, kinda like some Brits have fun with Nessie.

For those LNs taking this as a sign he was cognitively impaired, however, let me set you straight. Bill was what you would probably call a reasonable CT, in that he was an ardent defender of Gary Mack, and the authenticity of the Zapruder film.

In the eyes of some CTs, of course, this made him a LN.

RIP
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:31:24 PM by Pat Speer »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 07:30:35 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
In his years on the Ed Forum, Bill would occasionally mention his interest in Bigfoot. To my recollection it was an interest, in that he was not a proponent that Bigfoot was real. It was just something he had fun with, kinda like some Brits have fun with Nessie.

For those LNs taking this as a sign he was cognitively impaired, however, let me set you straight. Bill was what you would probably call a reasonable CT, in that he was an ardent defender of Gary Mack, and the authenticity of the Zapruder film.

RIP

Was Bill Miller a Bigfoot Believer or someone who just had an interest in it?

Clearly, he did believe that Bigfoot was a real flesh and blood animal. That would put him in the rational ‘half’ of the Bigfoot believers. Just as he was, from what I heard, in the rational ‘half’ of the CTers.

Was Bill Miller cognitively impaired?

He certainly did not appear to be cognitively impaired. But he did not have a skeptic’s mind set. It appears he put too much emphasis on what he remembers seeing and what others report seeing. Humans have unreliable perceptions and unreliable memories. He does attempt to use a scientific approach. Analyzing footprint casts. Analyzing film. But a true skeptic would conclude:

•   Footprints can be faked.
•   Photographs can be faked.
•   Film can be faked.
•   It is unbelievable, that no bodies have turned up, or a Bigfoot fatally shot. Yosemite Park, a small fraction of the wilderness, has a half dozen black bears killed each year in auto accidents. It defies belief that such an animal could year after year, over a huge range, avoid being run over by logging trucks or other vehicles.
•   DNA technology has lowed the bar tremendously. No need for a body. Just find the scat from the beast and you will have compelling evidence. But, while bears do go in the woods, it appears that Bigfoot does not.

Have I said that Bill Miller was cognitively impaired?

No. I’m just having a little fun with his beliefs. I believe his false beliefs have more to do with having the wrong ‘philosophy’, the wrong way of looking at the world, then being cognitively impaired. The wrong way of looking at the world causes more false beliefs than people being cognitively impaired.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 03:34:41 AM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 01:45:04 AM »

RIP

I'm sorry to disagree Pat, but I had quite a few PM 'chats' with Bill, there's no doubt in my mind that Bill took cryptozoology very seriously. I even got the impression this was his main interest, JFK only came second. I didn't really share Bill's interest or convictions but I certainly never regarded Bill to be cognitively impaired. Yes, Bill certainly was "a reasonable CT" I used to enjoy his posts immensely...especially the 'battles' he had with ole Jack White. lol

PS I remember one such battle that lasted for weeks, Jack seriously accused Bill of being an imposter!! He said he'd met him once in Dealey Plaza and insisted he looked nothing like him. Poor ole Jack, certainly not a reasonable CT. lol
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 02:00:19 AM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 01:45:04 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 11:46:19 PM »
I'm sorry to disagree Pat, but I had quite a few PM 'chats' with Bill, there's no doubt in my mind that Bill took cryptozoology very seriously. I even got the impression this was his main interest, JFK only came second. I didn't really share Bill's interest or convictions but I certainly never regarded Bill to be cognitively impaired. Yes, Bill certainly was "a reasonable CT" I used to enjoy his posts immensely...especially the 'battles' he had with ole Jack White. lol

PS I remember one such battle that lasted for weeks, Jack seriously accused Bill of being an imposter!! He said he'd met him once in Dealey Plaza and insisted he looked nothing like him. Poor ole Jack, certainly not a reasonable CT. lol
Ha! Those faked moon landings! The Two Oswalds!
And then there's Fetzer!  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 11:47:23 PM by John Tonkovich »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 01:10:46 AM »
Ha! Those faked moon landings! The Two Oswalds!
And then there's Fetzer!  :)

Tell me about it John. Some of those ED members even make Cakebread look normal. lol

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 01:10:46 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2020, 12:40:27 AM »
Tell me about it John. Some of those ED members even make Cakebread look normal. lol
Well, compared to Judith Vary Baker, I am perfectly well adjusted!
And we know that's not true. :)