Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullets  (Read 3058 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Bullets
« on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:01 PM »
Advertisement
The WC concluded that Oswald was the shooter of JFK and Tippit, and presented a detailed record regarding the provenance of his rifle/long gun and his hand gun.
Oddly, they presented, no evidence regarding his acquisition of ammunition.
Where, how, and why Oswald allegedly acquired Western Cartgridge Company (WCC) bullets manufactured for the US military in 1954 has never been determined.
Perhaps our resident experts wish to chime in with explanations?
Thx.

JFK Assassination Forum

Bullets
« on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:01 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

Re: Bullets
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:18:36 PM »
The WC concluded that Oswald was the shooter of JFK and Tippit, and presented a detailed record regarding the provenance of his rifle/long gun and his hand gun.
Oddly, they presented, no evidence regarding his acquisition of ammunition.
Where, how, and why Oswald allegedly acquired Western Cartgridge Company (WCC) bullets manufactured for the US military in 1954 has never been determined.
Perhaps our resident experts wish to chime in with explanations?
Thx.

I don't believe there is an explanation, John. At least none that we're ever likely to find. There were 2 million rounds of the ammo on sale to the public, on sale at gun shops, sporting shops, second-hand shops..pretty much anywhere. None of which required any paperwork. You'rd have more chance finding out where Oswald purchased his underpants!

"The cartridges recovered with Lee Harvey Oswald's rifle were part of a batch made in 1949 by the Western Cartridge Company in East Alton Il. They were made for the government of Greece as part of US military aid during the Greek civil war. They were commonly available on the surplus market during the early 1960s. They were packed in typical American 20 round boxes of white cardboard.
Clips"

"the George Zucker Sales Company of Chicago purchased about two million rounds for commercial resale in 1962."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 11:44:00 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:34:47 PM »
According to CE 2694, only two local gun shops sold this ammunition and neither one believed that they ever sold any to Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:34:47 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:57:57 PM »
According to CE 2694, only two local gun shops sold this ammunition and neither one believed that they ever sold any to Oswald.

What about non-local gunshops, sporting shops, second-hand shops, gun fairs and mail order? Did the 2 gunshop owners know for sure or did they just "believe"? Were they telling the truth? Round n round we go! The possibilities are endless, this question is never going to be answered.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 02:14:35 PM »
Thx for the input, Mr P and Mr I.
Could I get a citation for the "2 million" sold story, please, if you have one, Mr. P? Thx.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 02:14:35 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 03:00:11 PM »
In CT Wonderland, nothing is knowable or provable.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:20:23 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 05:28:46 PM »
Thx for the input, Mr P and Mr I.
Could I get a citation for the "2 million" sold story, please, if you have one, Mr. P? Thx.

Yeah sure, here yer go, John:  https://www.nytimes.com/1977/12/02/archives/fbirecords-trace-oswald-and-bullets-newlyreleased-files-describe.html

OOPS!! Just saw Bill beat me to it. Thanks Bill.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:31:05 PM by Denis Pointing »