Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Book Depository as a Potemkin Village  (Read 13742 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The Book Depository as a Potemkin Village
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »
Advertisement

In short, it's your very own work presented on this forum that's really the "Potemkin Village".

Ouch!

Had a quick look through your essay again to see if I was missing anything and I wasn't.
At least in a Potemkin village the facades are real.
In a company the size of the TSBD you find three tenuous leads that are maybe, possibly, perhaps something to do with your, apparently, a priori assumption the TSBD is a front. You acknowledge this really nebulous, non-evidence doesn't really support your assumption the TSBD is a front (that's really big of you), so what is the killer, indisputable, smoking gun that leaves us with no doubt that the TSBD was one of these "cut-outs for arms shipments to Cuban exiles for the invasion"?
Somebody switched off the power to the elevators for a few minutes!
Well I'm sold, can't really argue with that ... oh, wait on a minute.......stairs ???

PS: Surely you've seen the photo of Bill Shelley and Oswald in New Orleans. Stick that in there for a bit of substance as weaving smoke is tricky at the best of times.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 01:05:00 AM »

In short, it's your very own work presented on this forum that's really the "Potemkin Village".

I would like to echo Dan’s opinion. Denis’s post is spot on. Richard would like to present the “better” half of his theory, the alleged involvement in the conspiracy to kill the President by the employees of the TSBD, while keeping hidden the most absurd aspects of his theory, the connections to the government coverups of UFO’s with the assassination.

Believe me, if any LNer here made various arguments as to why Oswald was the lone assassin, and in addition, claimed that Oswald was motivated because he feared that Kennedy was about to reveal the truth about UFO’s, which Oswald learned about while in the Marines and taught to operate radar sets based on alien technology, this aspect of their theory would not be off limits. It would be front and center in the CTers posts against his arguments.

Offline Richard Gilbride

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »
Mr. Dan O'meara, I do not argue that the TSBD was a front for smuggling arms to the Cubans. You imply, incorrectly, that my argument is that the elevator anomalies are the "smoking gun" for the building's use as a front.

What I am arguing is that the TSBD's phony portrayal as an upstanding schoolbook business is the reason for viewing it as a Potemkin Village.

The elevator shut-off occurred just as the police were beginning to search the building; it wasn't mentioned until the spring testimonies of Adams and Mooney (it was reported by Mooney, but not further reported by his boss Decker); there wasn't any other mention of this shut-off, nor of when power was restored; it didn't make it any after-action reports of the first-responding Treasury agents, since these reports never surfaced.

Nothing suspicious there?

Mr. Denis Pointing and Mr. Joe Elliot, what in tarnation does 2009 work on JFK & UFOs have to do with the subject matter of this thread, a 2020 essay that considers the TSBD a Potemkin Village? Are we to have a discussion of every nuance of my body of work on the Kennedy assassination, and 7 zillion days later get back to the 2020 essay? I think I made it clear that I haven't pushed the UFO topic, and have focused on the TSBD since that 2009 book. And that I have science qualifications to back up my exploration of science-fictionesque topics.

Right now it doesn't appear to me that either of you are able to focus on what's in the 2020 essay. You display contempt prior to investigation. Is this perhaps due to a substance abuse issue, which is your own personal Potemkin Village?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 11:38:58 AM »
Mr. Dan O'meara, I do not argue that the TSBD was a front for smuggling arms to the Cubans. You imply, incorrectly, that my argument is that the elevator anomalies are the "smoking gun" for the building's use as a front.

What I am arguing is that the TSBD's phony portrayal as an upstanding schoolbook business is the reason for viewing it as a Potemkin Village.

The elevator shut-off occurred just as the police were beginning to search the building; it wasn't mentioned until the spring testimonies of Adams and Mooney (it was reported by Mooney, but not further reported by his boss Decker); there wasn't any other mention of this shut-off, nor of when power was restored; it didn't make it any after-action reports of the first-responding Treasury agents, since these reports never surfaced.

Nothing suspicious there?

"You imply, incorrectly, that my argument is that the elevator anomalies are the "smoking gun" for the building's use as a front."

But in your essay you write:

"This issue singlehandedly indicates that Book Depository employees were complicit in the assassination."

You present your power outage as a smoking gun that the employees were involved in the plot to kill the President (singlehandedly indicates) and, by implication, the TSBD is a front. It's right there in your essay.

Can you explain the point of the power outage, what purpose it served? (remember by each of the elevators are a set of stairs)

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 01:49:29 PM »
Mr. Denis Pointing and Mr. Joe Elliot, what in tarnation does 2009 work on JFK & UFOs have to do with the subject matter of this thread, a 2020 essay that considers the TSBD a Potemkin Village? Are we to have a discussion of every nuance of my body of work on the Kennedy assassination, and 7 zillion days later get back to the 2020 essay? I think I made it clear that I haven't pushed the UFO topic, and have focused on the TSBD since that 2009 book. And that I have science qualifications to back up my exploration of science-fictionesque topics.

Right now it doesn't appear to me that either of you are able to focus on what's in the 2020 essay. You display contempt prior to investigation. Is this perhaps due to a substance abuse issue, which is your own personal Potemkin Village?

So, because Joe and I dare to criticise your work we must be substance abuses...really!?!
OK, you want to remove the gloves, so be it;
As far as I'm concerned any 'researcher' that believes JFK's assassination was linked to interplanetary alien's and space ships is an absolute raving nut-job, who should urgently consider psychiatric assistance or lay off substance abuse for a while. Call me overly discerning if you wish but I find it extremely difficult to take seriously any work presented by an absolute raving nut-job and/or possible substance abuser.
You've tainted your own work and reputation by writing about JFK and little green men in flying saucers...that's not my fault.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:10:52 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 01:49:29 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 06:26:14 PM »
So, because Joe and I dare to criticise your work we must be substance abuses...really!?!
OK, you want to remove the gloves, so be it;
As far as I'm concerned any 'researcher' that believes JFK's assassination was linked to interplanetary alien's and space ships is an absolute raving nut-job, who should urgently consider psychiatric assistance or lay off substance abuse for a while. Call me overly discerning if you wish but I find it extremely difficult to take seriously any work presented by an absolute raving nut-job and/or possible substance abuser.
You've tainted your own work and reputation by writing about JFK and little green men in flying saucers...that's not my fault.

Call me overly discerning if you wish but I find it extremely difficult to take seriously any work presented by an absolute raving nut-job and/or possible substance abuser.

Nothing wrong with refusing to believe stuff like interplanetary alien's and space ships being involved in the coup d e'tat.......But you do believe the Warren Report don't you?      That indicates that your reasoning ability falls a little short.......

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »
Call me overly discerning if you wish but I find it extremely difficult to take seriously any work presented by an absolute raving nut-job and/or possible substance abuser.

Nothing wrong with refusing to believe stuff like interplanetary alien's and space ships being involved in the coup d e'tat.......But you do believe the Warren Report don't you?      That indicates that your reasoning ability falls a little short.......

In its entirety? Not really, no. I've stated plenty of times over the years that, IMO, the WR has plenty of mistakes and inconsistencies in it and some of its top members were probably working to an agender to find LHO guilty and a lone nut. That the WC and I arrived at the same final conclusion is really little more than a coincidence. What I have noticed is that, when it suits you, you frequently use the WR to back up your theories/arguments. You quote it far more often than I do. Considering you're a rabid CT that indicates that your not only a hypocrite but your reasoning ability falls WIDELY short.......
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:04:35 AM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 02:02:05 AM »
In its entirety? Not really, no. I've stated plenty of times over the years that, IMO, the WR has plenty of mistakes and inconsistencies in it and some of its top members were probably working to an agender to find LHO guilty and a lone nut. That the WC and I arrived at the same final conclusion is really little more than a coincidence. What I have noticed is that, when it suits you, you frequently use the WR to back up your theories/arguments. You quote it far more often than I do. Considering you're a rabid CT that indicates that your not only a hypocrite but your reasoning ability falls WIDELY short.......

when it suits you, you frequently use the WR to back up your theories/arguments.

Since you say that you've noticed that I frequently use the WR to back up my theories / arguments it should be very easy for you to cite something from the WR that I embrace.       Please present that .....