Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: On The Trail Of Delusion  (Read 61469 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: On The Trail Of Delusion
« Reply #936 on: February 06, 2022, 03:24:21 PM »
Advertisement
From Jim DiEugenio on Twitter:

If you want to see the Kirchick/Weiner/Max HollandCIA story about the KGB influencing Jim Garrison demolished, just click here:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?183565-4/warren-report-garrison-investigation

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #936 on: February 06, 2022, 03:24:21 PM »

Online Fred Litwin

Jim Garrison Hoped Clay Shaw Would Commit Suicide
« Reply #937 on: February 07, 2022, 02:37:26 PM »
Jim Garrison Hoped Clay Shaw Would Commit Suicide
Shaw would not oblige.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/jim-garrison-hoped-clay-shaw-would-commit-suicide

Online Fred Litwin

« Reply #938 on: February 08, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »
Penn Jones' Phone Call with Sylvia Meagher
In July 1967, Penn Jones and Sylvia Meagher had a stormy phone call largely about Jim Garrison.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/penn-jones-phone-call-with-sylvia-meagher

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #938 on: February 08, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #939 on: February 09, 2022, 05:09:00 AM »
Tim Weiner: “The CIA wasn’t involved with drug trafficking”

James Kirchick: “Bush didn’t lie about Iraq”

Gerald Posner: lied in his book “Case Closed” and has been caught multiple times for plagiarism

:D

Online Fred Litwin

« Reply #940 on: February 09, 2022, 02:30:53 PM »
Hugh Aynesworth on the Garrison Investigation
Part one of a five party series of the farce in New Orleans. This series appeared in the Pittsburgh Press in February 1969.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/hugh-aynesworth-on-the-garrison-investigation

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #940 on: February 09, 2022, 02:30:53 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #941 on: February 09, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »
Hugh Aynesworth on the Garrison Investigation
Part one of a five party series of the farce in New Orleans. This series appeared in the Pittsburgh Press in February 1969.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/hugh-aynesworth-on-the-garrison-investigation
Garrison's general view on the assassination - that the national security state of the US that emerged after WWII due to the actions by Josef Stalin and the Soviet Union killed JFK because he threatened their power and status - still holds sway among a group of people including Oliver Stone. Who, in case it's not known, made a famous, widely shown movie promoting Garrison's claims about the murder of JFK.

If none of this happened, if Stone et al. weren't still to this day promoting Garrison's nonsense, you likely wouldn't be writing about it. And we wouldn't be talking about it much if at all.

The problem is not with you; the problem is some people still believe and promote these falsehoods. And I find it both interesting and revealing that the people who are angry with you aren't angry with Garrison and Stone. They are the ones discrediting the conspiracy view not you.

If you're a conspiracy believer or think the lone assassin explanation is wrong (the two aren't the same) you should be furious with what Stone and DiEugenio are doing. They make your side look quite foolish.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 08:49:32 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #942 on: February 09, 2022, 08:19:36 PM »
Garrison's general view on the assassination - that the national security state of the US that emerged after WWII due to the actions by Josef Stalin and the Soviet Union - killed JFK because he threatened their power and status - still holds sway among a group of people including Oliver Stone. Who, in case it's not known, made a famous, widely shown movie promoting Garrison's claims about the murder of JFK.

If none of this happened, if Stone et al. weren't still to this day promoting Garrison's nonsense, you likely wouldn't be writing about it. And we wouldn't be talking about it much if at all.

The problem is not with you; the problem is some people still believe and promote these falsehoods. And I find it both interesting and revealing that the people who are angry with you aren't angry with Garrison and Stone. They are the ones discrediting the conspiracy view not you.

If you're a conspiracy believer or think the lone assassin explanation is wrong (the two aren't the same) you should be furious with what Stone and DiEugenio are doing. The make your side look quite foolish.

Perfectly stated.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #942 on: February 09, 2022, 08:19:36 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #943 on: February 10, 2022, 03:30:13 AM »
Garrison's general view on the assassination - that the national security state of the US that emerged after WWII due to the actions by Josef Stalin and the Soviet Union killed JFK because he threatened their power and status - still holds sway among a group of people including Oliver Stone. Who, in case it's not known, made a famous, widely shown movie promoting Garrison's claims about the murder of JFK.

I'll grant you that Stone's film, 'JFK', and his other films like 'Platoon', impacted my political views.

But nothing made me more distrustful of the US national security state aka Military Industrial Complex than seeing the way they've carried themselves in the post-9/11/01 era.

And I'm not alone. The MIC and their enablers in the US Press has itself to blame for the increasing distrust Americans have of those institutions. Stone is responsible for maybe a fraction of that problem.

Stone didn't teach me about US coups and assassinations abroad. He didn't teach me about US imperialism. He didn't teach me about the CIA's role in arms smuggling and drug trafficking. All those things I discovered independently of Oliver Stone's film catalogue.

People believe the US government lies because well, the US government lies. And a government that refuses to stop being secretive about an assassination of a US President that happened over 50 years ago deserves every ounce of doubt that Americans have about the Kennedy assassination.

The exchange below between an AP reporter and the current US State Dept Press Secretary highlights the fact that no one buys the lies from the MIC anymore. Even some in the Press are catching on...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 03:34:00 AM by Jon Banks »