Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: On The Trail Of Delusion  (Read 59482 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Funniest Garrison Investigation Memo Ever!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 06:24:51 PM »
Advertisement
The Funniest Garrison Investigation Memo Ever Written
On my Jim Garrison blog today, I post the funniest Garrison investigation memo ever written. At least someone on the team had a sense of humor. The memo is about David Ferrie and his Distinguished hair-do.
These Garrison blogs are becoming more like forum clogs. One thread instead of a dozen could have been quite enough on a Garrison inquiry critique. :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 06:24:51 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Jim Garrison's Playboy Interview - What couldn't Be Published
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2020, 06:48:16 PM »
Jim Garrison's Playboy Interview - What Couldn't Be Published

The October 1967 issue of Playboy contained its longest ever interview - 20,000 words with Jim Garrison. Over five million copies were printed and it gave Garrison huge exposure.

Today, I have posted, for the first time ever, Sylvia Meagher's 3-page letter to Playboy about the interview. She wasn't too happy.

And, also for the first time ever, a memo that interviewer Eric Norden sent to Playboy with information from Garrison that was too confidential to put in the magazine. Garrison wanted to show Playboy that he had the 'stuff' and so several confidential memos were written to convince them.

This week: The other secret Playboy memos.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/blog
I think it can't be emphasized enough that several leading conspiracy authors - to their credit - at the time said that Garrison was reckless, irresponsible and completely wrong in his investigation.

E.g., Meagher, Lifton (see his astonishing account of the Kerry Thornley matter; Garrison was particularly deranged there), even Weisberg albeit later on. Although if you read the grand jury testimony of Weisberg as he's questioned by Garrison you'll be amazed how they both recklessly repeated hearsay and innuendo without a care in the world. This was supposed to be a criminal investigation not a JFK conspiracy conference.

Weisberg's GJ testimony is here: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1210
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:09:22 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:13 AM »
Mr Litwin: as previously stated, Mr Garrison should be credited with:
1) presenting the Zapruder film
2) presenting Ruth Paine, and her prevarication
3) presenting Robert Frazier, and his testimony, especially in regards to the first shot
4) presenting Marina Oswald, and her testimony re: Ruth Paine and CIA

If your book presents these subjects, I will happily buy it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:13 AM »

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2020, 06:55:22 PM »
Yes, it yet another one of those - i'll only buy YOUR book if it covers what I want.

There is very little in my current book, On The Trail of Delusion, and my last book, I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak, on the assassination itself. I am far
more interested in conspiracy thinking.

My current book covers:

- The truth about Permindex/CMC, the truth about Louis Bloomfield.

- The dead man that Garrison wanted to charge with being a grassy knoll assassin.

- The ridiculous story of Edgar Eugene Bradley - who Garrison wanted to charge with conspiracy to kill JFK.

- The Fred Crisman story.

- How Garrison tried to mislead the HSCA.

- Why Fletcher Prouty was off his rocker.

And, of course, the Clay Shaw story. Oh, and I also include some terrific cartoons about Garrison.

fred

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »
Bugliosi, Mailer and Posner all interviewed numerous witnesses, some who were never interviewed before, and found primary sources of information on the assassination, directly and indirectly.

For example, Mailer interviewed the Belarus KGB agents who monitored Oswald. And also many of the associates that Oswald knew when he was in Minsk. And he (Mailer) read the KGB files on Oswald. This was all original material/information.

Posner interviewed, among others, Yuri Nosenko. Bugliosi interviewed McClelland and got him to admit that the head wound was further forward then in the sketch he (incorrectly) claimed that he did for Thompson.

To simply dismiss these works as "secondary" research is short sighted.

As to cynicism: I think if you told a cynic that dozens (hundreds?) of people remained silent for decades after committing or being in involved in a terrible act even though they could have made money and fame by exposing it later he'd laugh you off as being a naive fool.
Strawman argument . Yes. Who said anything about vast conspiracy? Not me.
Posner ( know plagiarist) presented secondary sources as primary. Yes.
Need I continue?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2020, 07:13:36 AM »
Mr Litwin: have you discovered Garrison's motivation for launching his ridiculous case? That would be a reason to write a book.

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2020, 03:54:49 PM »
Yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2020, 03:54:49 PM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »
Not defending Garrison but hearsay is common in grand jury testimony.  The rules of evidence do not apply to grand juries because they are not adversarial proceedings.