Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: On The Trail Of Delusion  (Read 61548 times)

Offline Fred Litwin

On The Trail Of Delusion
« on: October 14, 2020, 06:04:04 PM »
Advertisement
On my new Jim Garrison blog, I have uploaded two unpublished articles written by Sylvia Meagher about the Garrison Investigation.

These articles are from her archives at Hood College which I visited in 2019.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/blog

Fred

JFK Assassination Forum

On The Trail Of Delusion
« on: October 14, 2020, 06:04:04 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Two New Unpublished Sylvia Meagher Articles
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »
On my new Jim Garrison blog, I have uploaded two unpublished articles written by Sylvia Meagher about the Garrison Investigation.

These articles are from her archives at Hood College which I visited in 2019.

Fred
This observation by Meagher needs to be underscored: "I find it hard to believe that three would-be assassins discussed the logistics of an assassination in the presence of a casual acquaintance and non-participant in their plot." Even worse, according to Garrison's allegations it wasn't just one "casual acquaintance", i.e., Perry Russo, it was several, e.g., Charles Speisel and according to Spiesel, "ten or eleven" men.

To repeat: according to Garrison, Oswald, Ferrie and Shaw plotted the assassination of JFK at a party while others listened in. Then, somehow (Garrison claimed later), they got the FBI, Dallas Police Department, CIA, Secret Service and assorted others to join in with this plot.

That's not just hard to believe; that's unbelievable.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:41:56 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Fred Litwin

The Funniest Garrison Investigation Memo Ever!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »
The Funniest Garrison Investigation Memo Ever Written

On my Jim Garrison blog today, I post the funniest Garrison investigation memo ever written. At least someone on the team had a sense of humor. The memo is about David Ferrie and his Distinguished hair-do.

JFK Assassination Forum

The Funniest Garrison Investigation Memo Ever!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

Jim Garrison's Strangest Lead - The Fag Ball of 1962
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »

After Clay Shaw's acquittal in 1969, Garrison then charged him with two counts of perjury - for claiming he did not know David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald.

But, Garrison needed more evidence to prove the charge and he told his investigators to redouble their efforts. Memos started coming into the office - most with the title Shaw Leads II.
The strangest one was the "Fag Ball." Ninety-six people were arrested at a gay party in Jefferson Parish in February 1962. Garrison had the head of the vice squad type up a list of those arrested - perhaps Shaw and Ferrie were there.

They weren't. So, Garrison turned to propinquity - his favorite investigative technique. Perhaps one of Shaw's friends were at the party, or perhaps someone who live on the same block, etc.
Needless to say, it all went nowhere. Have a look at the primary Garrison documents.

Re: Jim Garrison's Strangest Lead - The Fag Ball of 1962
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »

After Clay Shaw's acquittal in 1969, Garrison then charged him with two counts of perjury - for claiming he did not know David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald.

But, Garrison needed more evidence to prove the charge and he told his investigators to redouble their efforts. Memos started coming into the office - most with the title Shaw Leads II.
The strangest one was the "Fag Ball." Ninety-six people were arrested at a gay party in Jefferson Parish in February 1962. Garrison had the head of the vice squad type up a list of those arrested - perhaps Shaw and Ferrie were there.

They weren't. So, Garrison turned to propinquity - his favorite investigative technique. Perhaps one of Shaw's friends were at the party, or perhaps someone who live on the same block, etc.
Needless to say, it all went nowhere. Have a look at the primary Garrison documents.

Oliver Stone defended the smearing of Shaw (and others) by Garrison by arguing that (paraphrasing), "Sometimes in a war you have to sacrifice people". The problem with this excuse, or one of the problems, is that Garrison believed in this nonsense even if Stone recognized that the claim against Shaw had no merit but that he was a useful "sacrifice". And even today followers of Garrison still defend him and these abuses of the law.

As to "propinquity": on one level it's not an entirely bankrupt approach and can be useful if applied correctly. That is if you follow up these possible connections between person "A" and person "B" by providing evidence that they not only knew each other but did act "X", which is what you're trying to uncover. But Garrison and his acolytes didn't really take these extra steps of connecting "B" both to "A" and the event. For them, simply saying person "A" and person "B" knew each other (however tangentially) is sufficient alone for making outlandish claims about act "X" (the assassination). If you add - pause for dramatic effect - the "CIA" to this they somehow even get more absurd with their claims.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:39:47 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 09:47:41 PM »
While Garrison's investigation was deeply flawed and resulted in...nothing, he certainly should be credited with getting some important folks on the stand, under oath, among them Ruth Paine and Robert Frazier. And the Z film was bootlegged and appeared all over the country, so there's that.
So, mostly chaff, but a bit of wheat.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 04:46:42 PM »
While Garrison's investigation was deeply flawed and resulted in...nothing, he certainly should be credited with getting some important folks on the stand, under oath, among them Ruth Paine and Robert Frazier. And the Z film was bootlegged and appeared all over the country, so there's that.
So, mostly chaff, but a bit of wheat.
Both Paine and Frazier testified, under oath, to the Warren Commission. And gave interviews to reporters about what they knew.

What did Paine and Frazier testify to in the Garrison investigation that was new? A revelation? What did we learn? And the Z film was stolen. Why wasn't Garrison upset about that act?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 04:46:42 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

Another Wacky Garrison Memo - Was Oswald Impersonated?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »
Another Wacky Garrison Investigative Memo - Was Oswald being Impersonated?

I present another primary Garrison memo that discusses entitled "Heights of the Oswalds." The premise is that because Oswald has been described as having different heights, that he was impersonated - perhaps even when he came back from the Soviet Union.

As you will discover in the memo, Robert Oswald knew about the impersonation, and so this is why he stayed away from his Mother - she would clearly figure the ruse out. And, even Marina knew Oswald was being impersonated.

This memo is indicative of the kind of material that circulated in the Garrison District Attorney's office.