Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 13414 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
Advertisement
There was one going around a few years ago about Jackie having no shadow on the trunk lid.

A critic didn't believe my argument that the Jackie shadow was present, just some areas overwhelmed by ambient light. He replicated the hand on the trunk and came over to my side. I wonder if that critic became one of the many CTs who convert to LNism.

Having someone listen to reason made me think of Lindsey Graham's comments yesterday about the near full-vote Ruth Bader Ginsburg got in the Senate decades ago, showing there was a time when opposing sides could compromise. However, Graham's comparison is kind of illogical as Ginsburg was a moderate recommended by Republican Orrin Hatch and she wasn't forced through during the closing weeks of an election.
Ginsburg wasn't a moderate; she was a noted ACLU lawyer known for her openly liberal views. There was hardly any objection to her nomination - she was confirmed 95-3 - and I don't recall any efforts by conservative to run anti-Ginsburg ads or accuse her of all sorts of corruption. Scalia, a noted conservative, was confirmed by a 98-0 vote.

Eisenhower nominated - actually recess appointed him since the Senate was not in session - William Brennan to an open seat two weeks before the election. Brennan was a Catholic and Eisenhower was hoping to get some Catholic votes in the election by doing so.

Graham is 100% correct. There was a time when both sides compromised and reached agreement on these matters. But those are long gone and it's why we see the two sides running campaign type ads and commercials against candidates. If Barrett had been nominated to replace Kennedy she would have picked up, at best, a handful of Democrats. The days of the 92-0 votes are dead.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 12:29:51 AM »
Ginsburg wasn't a moderate; she was a noted ACLU lawyer known for her openly liberal views. There was hardly any objection to her nomination - she was confirmed 95-3 - and I don't recall any efforts by conservative to run anti-Ginsburg ads or accuse her of all sorts of corruption. Scalia, a noted conservative, was confirmed by a 98-0 vote.

Eisenhower nominated - actually recess appointed him since the Senate was not in session - William Brennan to an open seat two weeks before the election. Brennan was a Catholic and Eisenhower was hoping to get some Catholic votes in the election by doing so.

Graham is 100% correct. There was a time when both sides compromised and reached agreement on these matters. But those are long gone and it's why we see the two sides running campaign type ads and commercials against candidates. If Barrett had been nominated to replace Kennedy she would have picked up, at best, a handful of Democrats. The days of the 92-0 votes are dead.

Without wanting to speak on his behalf I think the important point Jerry was making was in the phrase:

"...showing there was a time when opposing sides could compromise"

Something we could do with a little bit more of.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 12:38:08 AM »

I stand corrected re your diagonal thing

Zapruder

Nix

You need to watch out Bill.
You're coming across like someone who considers things carefully and has a certain intellectual flexibility.
Where would we be if that kind of sh%t caught on.  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 12:38:08 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 02:06:43 AM »

"She was nominated by President Bill Clinton and at the time was
     generally viewed as a moderate consensus-builder. She eventually
     became part of the liberal wing of the Court as the Court shifted to
     the right over time."
          -- Wikipedia

Clinton went along with Republican Orrin Hatch's suggestion because he saw Ginsburg as a moderate who could add diversity to the Court in the form of gender and religious-affiliation. Back then, you see, we had sensible Presidents who did what they could to "balance" the Court, not appoint two wackos in a row who'll stack the Court 9-to-3 in favor of conservatives.

So, Ginsburg fought for women's rights in the 70s and 80s (having been looked down upon when she went to predominately-male law school in the 50s). You telling me rightists are still against gender equality and that being for it is being "openly liberal"?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 02:31:32 AM »
The same goes for you Walt. Were you one of the researchers who bought into the illusion and what are you basing your opinion on about the position of Jackie's head?

Jackie's hips are above the rear wheels and her head is near the back of the deck lid.......I have no dog in this hunt ..... But it is a fact that the two frames do not match....   and it isn't just an illusion created by different points of view.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 02:31:32 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 04:11:28 AM »
I know Joe. It took me about 10 seconds to work out what was going on and I couldn't believe it was seriously be entertained by some as 'proof of tampering'. I've read other stuff by Cranor and was quite impressed with how she approached things but it is a big disappointment that someone of her obvious intelligence couldn't see it.
It would be interesting to hear from someone who does accept this as 'proof of tampering' but I doubt that will happen.
Mr O: can you provide the frame in Zapruder where Jackie is at the greatest distance from the rear seat/JFK, and farthest out on the trunk?
Thx.
( I have my own answer, already, but will withhold at the moment.)

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 11:44:28 AM »
Jackie's hips are above the rear wheels and her head is near the back of the deck lid.......I have no dog in this hunt ..... But it is a fact that the two frames do not match....   and it isn't just an illusion created by different points of view.

It isn't a fact, Walt.
It's your eyes playing tricks on you.
Do you believe Zapruder has been altered?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 11:44:28 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »
Mr O: can you provide the frame in Zapruder where Jackie is at the greatest distance from the rear seat/JFK, and farthest out on the trunk?
Thx.
( I have my own answer, already, but will withhold at the moment.)

My guess, just from eyeballing it, would be about z380.
By the way John, aren't you happy I've sorted out your confusion for you. It was kind of on your suggestion I looked into this.
You must be so happy I've cleared things up for you.  8)