Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 13662 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 07:01:56 AM »
Advertisement

Could the David Blaine incorporate the “Nix Illusion” into his magic act?

And know, I shall have these two people merge into one body sharing the same space.
A circular section of the floor rotates underneath them.
The audience gasps in astonishment.
The floor rotates back and the audience is relieved to see that both people are back in their separate bodies.

I don’t know, I think it sounds a little lame.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 07:01:56 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 11:30:49 AM »
Could the David Blaine incorporate the “Nix Illusion” into his magic act?

And know, I shall have these two people merge into one body sharing the same space.
A circular section of the floor rotates underneath them.
The audience gasps in astonishment.
The floor rotates back and the audience is relieved to see that both people are back in their separate bodies.

I don’t know, I think it sounds a little lame.
;D

I don't know, throw in a few lasers and some tight fitting lycra and I'm thinking SHOWTIME!

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »
Mr O'meara and his McAdams cheering section.
Three blind mice.

That's all you've got to say?

You believe this  BS: represents 'proof of tampering' in one or both of the films and now it's been shown up as something a child could explain.
How do you feel about that?
Has it changed your opinion?
If not, why not?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »
You've erred in the angle of your tin-can jalopy. The angle is not that extreme in either of the two images.
Although your changing-perspective thing is correct, Jackie's head is much closer to the back of the limo in Nix, angle or not.

Jackie's head is much closer to the back of the limo in Nix, angle or not.

Hallelujah ...Praise the Lord!....Chappie has displayed a glimmer of intelligence.....   Yer right Chappie....

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »
You've erred in the angle of your tin-can jalopy. The angle is not that extreme in either of the two images.
Although your changing-perspective thing is correct, Jackie's head is much closer to the back of the limo in Nix, angle or not.
As I clearly stated in my opening post, the set-up with my 'tin-can jalopy' was just to show how the illusion works. It's not to scale, the angles and positions were not meant to truly reflect what was happening, it was just to demonstrate the illusion. Something you agree is correct.
What seems to have confused people is that Jackie is leaning diagonally across the trunk and this is at the heart of the illusion. The mystery of how they can seem so close and so far apart has been solved.
Were you one of the researchers who bought into the illusion  because the statement about Jackie's head smacks of denial. Are you basing that statement on anything more than your interpretation of an optical illusion? Does it 'just look that way' to you? Or do you have something more concrete?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »

Hallelujah ...Praise the Lord!....Chappie has displayed a glimmer of intelligence.....   Yer right Chappie....
The same goes for you Walt. Were you one of the researchers who bought into the illusion and what are you basing your opinion on about the position of Jackie's head?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 10:08:21 PM »
As I clearly stated in my opening post, the set-up with my 'tin-can jalopy' was just to show how the illusion works. It's not to scale, the angles and positions were not meant to truly reflect what was happening, it was just to demonstrate the illusion. Something you agree is correct.
What seems to have confused people is that Jackie is leaning diagonally across the trunk and this is at the heart of the illusion. The mystery of how they can seem so close and so far apart has been solved.
Were you one of the researchers who bought into the illusion  because the statement about Jackie's head smacks of denial. Are you basing that statement on anything more than your interpretation of an optical illusion? Does it 'just look that way' to you? Or do you have something more concrete?

I stand corrected re your diagonal thing

Zapruder

Nix

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:27:51 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 10:08:21 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 10:31:06 PM »

No, I made a mistake given Jackie's diagonal positioning.