Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Where in the world is Mr Wilson?  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Where in the world is Mr Wilson?
« on: September 28, 2020, 07:10:50 PM »
Advertisement
I started down the hail to Allyn and Bacon. As I went down this hall towards the windows that looked out on Houston Street, I heard a shot, but I didn't think much about it. I didn't, of course, know it was a shot because when you hear tires backfire and all, they all sound alike to me, so I didn't think a thing about that.
I went around to Allyn and Bacon, and Mr. Wilson, the manager, was at the window looking out. He was the only one in there, so I asked him if I could look out the window with him. About that time he said "Oh, my God, there's been a shooting." I still didn't think anybody, of course, had been killed, just thought somebody had shot in the air or something, so I said "Has the President already passed? And he said "Yes," so I looked out and that big bus that had the press in it, had the word "Press" or whatever it was on the bus, was passing. so I said "Well, I guess I have missed the President then," and I started on back out of the office and I just said as I left, "Well, I hope nobody got hurt."
Mr. BALL. You heard how many shots?
Miss BURNS. One.
Mr. BALL. Just one?
Miss BURNS. It must have been the last one because I didn't hear any more.
Mr BALL. Did you have any idea where it was coming from?
Miss BURNS. Well, it just sounded as though it was back of me. You see, I was going towards Houston Street. I was facing east and it sounded to me as it came toward my back.
Mr. BALL. You were in the building?
Miss BURNS. Yes; I was in the building.
Mr. BALL. Walking down the hall?
Miss BURNS. Walking down the hall going towards Allyn and Bacon.
Mr. BALL. Now, what happened after that?
Miss BURNS. I came on back and listened to the radio some more and in a few minutes, why, they told it.

The WC said that James Powell took his photo of the TSBD about 30 seconds after Tom Dillard took his photo of the TSBD .....

Mr Wilson said that he remained standing up behind the window of his office on the third floor in the SE corner of the TSBD after the shooting had occurred. Therefore Mr Wilson should be visible in James Powell's photo..... But he's not there.

I believe that Powell took his photo BEFORE the motorcade arrived at Houston and Elm .....and NOT after Tom Dillard snapped the photo of the EMPTY sixth floor window.

Elsie_Dorman_window_in_the_Powell_photo.jpg
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:45:10 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Where in the world is Mr Wilson?
« on: September 28, 2020, 07:10:50 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Where in the world is Mr Wilson?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 02:13:45 AM »
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date 1/9/64

STEVEN F. WILSON, Office Manager, Allyne and Bacon, Inc., 301 Texas School Book Depository Building, advised at approximately 12:30 p.m. on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, employees of his office had gone to view the Presidential motorcade on the corner of Elm and Houston Streets, and due to a heart condition which he has had, he opened the blinds on the third floor opposite from his reception desk and viewed the Presidential Motorcade as it proceeded north on Houston Street and then west on Elm Street. Due to a large tree being in the way, he could not view the entire procession, but as his view became obstructed, he heard three distinct shots which he thought came from a rifle, and subsequently it was determined that the President had been shot.

WILSON advised he discovered later that the President had been shot, but he had not seen or heard anything unusual in the immediate area surrounding his office, and when questioned as to any knowledge he might have concerning LEE HARVEY OSWALD, he stated he did not know OSWALD and did not, in fact, subsequently remember seeing him in the Texas School Book Depository Building. However, he noted he could have possibly seen him one or two occasions in the lunchroom located on the second floor of the building.

Mr. WILSON could offer no information of subsequent value in this matter.

on 12/30/64 at Dallas, Texas File # DL 100-10461

By Special Agent RICHARD R. HARRISON & ALLAN D. GRAY Date Dictated 1/3/64
I was wondering who took this snapshot....

From what I have understood [comments in the past]...the car is Secret Service. But maybe not.
Why two SS cars?
Notice that the faces of the occupants are completely blacked out...Why?
Occupant in the rear seat is bailing out...Why?
Shots heard? The cop, kids and other persons in the background are reacting to absolutely nothing. The motorcycle cop in the foreground seems to be simply looking on.
When was this picture taken... before or after the first gunshot?
It almost seems like the car is stopped and there was a deliberate plan there to stop.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:00:06 AM »

From what I have understood [comments in the past]...the car is Secret Service. But maybe not.
Why two SS cars?
Shots heard? The cop, kids and other persons in the background are reacting to absolutely nothing. The motorcycle cop in the foreground seems to be simply looking on.
It almost seems like the car is stopped and there was a deliberate plan there to stop.

They had two secret service cars. One to trail right behind the Presidential limousine. And another to trail right behind the Vice-Presidential limousine.

I am almost certain the car in this picture is the Vice-Presidential Secret Service car. It had no running boards so they always kept the back doors ajar so they could get out and walk along side the Vice President’s limousine as soon as possible.

That car is not stopped. They kept the doors ajar, as you can see, even while it was moving in the motorcade.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:00:06 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »

Why two SS cars?

I believe that the photo is a portion of the famous Altgen's photo .....This photo is a small portion from the right side of Altgen's photo.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 10:26:30 PM »
Mr Wilson said that he remained standing up behind the window of his office on the third floor in the SE corner of the TSBD after the shooting had occurred.

When did Mr. Wilson say that he was ever standing?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 10:26:30 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 03:51:08 PM »
When did Mr. Wilson say that he was ever standing?

Are your eyes bad?   Can't you compare Mr Wilson with other figures who are seen behind the windows and know that Mr Wilson was standing?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 09:55:01 PM »
Are your eyes bad?   Can't you compare Mr Wilson with other figures who are seen behind the windows and know that Mr Wilson was standing?

You claimed that Burns said that Wilson was standing at the time of the shots (she did not) and that Wilson said he remained standing after the shooting (he did not).

So you can't use either of those false claims to argue that Powell was taken before the motorcade.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 09:55:01 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »
Not even a guess there?

Where is the picture of this Wilson person?