Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 114794 times)

Online Dan O'meara

The First Shot
« on: September 23, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »
Advertisement
In Altgens 6 we see Agents Landis, Ready and Hickey looking over their right shoulders towards the TSBD, presumably in response to the sound of gunfire:

Landis - "I heard what sounded like the report of a high-powered rifle from behind me, over my right shoulder...", "My first glance was at the President, as I was practically looking in his direction anyway...", "I immediately returned my gaze, over my right shoulder."

Ready - "I heard what appeared to be fire crackers going off from my position. I immediately turned to my right rear trying to locate the source but was not able to determine the exact location."

Hickey - "I heard what seemed to me that a firecracker exploded to the right and rear. I stood partially up and turned to the rear to see if I could observe anything. "

Each agent describes their immediate reactions to hearing the first shot, turning to look over their right shoulders looking towards where they felt the sound came from. This is exactly what we see in Altgens 6. However, when we take a closer look at Zapruder we see no meaningful reaction from them (Hickey looks briefly over the side of the car but then returns to his original position). The partial footage of the Z-film below focuses on the follow-up car. It runs from z133 to z207. At no point do we see any meaningful reaction from the agents mentioned above:

A first shot in the z130's or z160's is ruled out by this evidence.
Even a shot around z190 seems unlikely.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:31:24 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

The First Shot
« on: September 23, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 03:53:23 PM »
This film with synchronized sound also shows the crowd of witnesses running up the knoll--

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 04:16:56 PM »
Hi Jerry,

was hoping to get a discussion going on when the first shot occurred. What's your thoughts on that?
I know some researchers favour a shot very early on in Zapruder, even pre-z133, but I'm finding evidence to support a later first shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 04:16:56 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »
I used the same quote myself to highlight that the agents were looking back over their shoulders as shown in Altgens 6. You've failed to understand what Ready is saying. He doesn't say he turns his head to the right, he says he turned to his "right rear", a big difference. Slight head turns from one side to the other should be expected. Three agents suddenly looking back over their shoulders is another.
Landis, Ready and Hickey all react immediately to the first shot, turning to look back over their shoulders. This is not shown in Zapruder before z207

Only Ready said he "immediately" turned to his right rear. He couldn't literally do that because he was hanging on to the car's handhold with both hands and could have lost his balance. He began to turn in the Z160s and fully turned around after he was sure of his balance and had let go of the handhold with his right hand. Pretty hard to spin around instantly while standing on a moving running board.

The Connallys and Mrs. Kennedy also turn their heads rightward between Z162 and Z180. They said they did so in reaction to hearing the first shot.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »
First shot: z207
Second shot: z312
Third shot: z350
+ or - up to 3 frames

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:03:41 PM »
First shot: z207
Second shot: z312
Third shot: z350
+ or - up to 3 frames

Hi John,

Interested in your thinking behind the third shot. The pattern of shots certainly follows that observed by a number of witnesses (shot, pause, two shots closer together)

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 02:30:23 AM »
After reading from Jacket Kennedy’s WC testimony, she states she was looking LEFT and then after hearing noises  , she turned RIGHT and that’s when she saw JFK with a “quizzical look”  and his LEFT hand was up

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 02:30:23 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »
After reading from Jacket Kennedy’s WC testimony, she states she was looking LEFT and then after hearing noises  , she turned RIGHT and that’s when she saw JFK with a “quizzical look”  and his LEFT hand was up
I'm assuming you're talking about the moment JFK is shot for the first time causing his fists to go up to his throat. The question is, if we assume there are three shots from the TSBD, which shot is this - first, second or third?
IMO the shot that caused JFK to raise his fists to his throat occurred at z223. The opening post of this thread is an assertion that no shot took place before z207. Less than one second after this (z223) Kennedy is hit. This leads me to conclude the first shot fired from the TSBD is the one that hits Kennedy in the throat. Quite a number of "ear-witnesses" describe a pattern to the shots - shot, pause, two shots closer together. If this is the case the second shot must be the head-shot with the third shot coming shortly after that.