Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 114649 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2021, 10:50:03 PM »
Advertisement
I got my first shot on 1/19, and the second shot today....   8)

Oh wait... never mind... ;)

;D
It's nice to know your first shot didn't miss.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2021, 10:50:03 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #681 on: February 09, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »

There is no doubt that Connally pivots in his seat towards Nellie and away from the camera. The angle of Connally's shirt collar, for example, becomes flatter as his torso pivots and reclines.
There may be a slight rightward turn of the shoulders between z271 and 272.  Is that what you are referring to?  He is too far from Nellie for her to reach him at this point and, besides, her arms are down by her side. There is, therefore, something causing movement of the torso before he can be reached by Nellie. I would be interested in hearing your explanation as to what causes that. If that was JBC's doing, I am sure you will be able to explain why he waited 3 seconds after being hit to move.

The major change I see is that a corner of the Stetson comes out of shade in the latter frame.
Do you not see that the hand changes position slightly and the position of the brim of the hat relative to the jacket cuff changes?  Prior to z272 the edge of the hat brim aligns with the end of the jacket cuff. In z272 the brim is moved over the cuff by a perceptible amount and continues that way after.

The driver's side visor wobbles more forcefully prior to Z271. The seating of the visor may be worn or loose, and the visor is affected by wind flow.
Can you identify a time where that kind of movement occurs between two consecutive frames?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:46:05 PM by Andrew Mason »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #682 on: February 10, 2021, 01:08:00 AM »
If you are having trouble believing that the motion is not an illusion, I have measured it for you:

That is why I compared z268 to z271. Same change. It is subtle, but real. And it occurs between z271 and z272.

The sunvisor over Greer's head also moves between z271 and z271:

There are two marks on the windshield in z272 that do not appear in z271 but those may be the result of slightly more blur in z271.

There is no change in hand position in frames z271 and z272:

This proves the shot you propose a z271 does not occur. It has been your choice to make a fool of yourself over this. Now, as I understand it, you are proposing that the bullet exits JBC's chest, shatters on his wrist and two fragments fly off with enough force to crack the windshield and dent the chrome trim yet this is not enough force to move his hand. The force of the shattering bullet leaves fragments in his wrist but this is still not enough force to move his hand.
It's now like I'm talking to one of the hard-core Tinfoil Brigade.
But that's your choice.

Anyway...onwards and upwards.
Back to your devastating list of things that refute the unequivocal evidence of the Z-film.
The first two points have demonstrated you are confused about how relative positions change with a changing perspective and are equally confused about blurring.
Jerry has dealt with your wobbly sun visor so now we are in the deep weeds of contradictory eye witness testimony - your lawyerly bread and butter.
All I can do with this is examine the quality of the observations of your creaky witnesses.
Up first - Hickey.
You desperately hang on to this guy because he says he sees JFK's hair fly forward at a time you think you can make work in your doomed model. But let's see how accurate his observations are:

"I heard a loud report which sounded like a firecracker. It appeared to come from the right and rear and seemed to me to be at ground level. I stood up and looked to my right and rear in an attempt to identify it. Nothing caught my attention except people shouting and cheering."

This is the moment we see in Altgens 6

"A disturbance in 679X caused me to look forward toward the President's car. Perhaps 2 or 3 seconds elapsed from the time I looked to the rear and then looked at the President. He was slumped forward and to his left,"

679X is the follow-up car Hickey is in. There is some kind of disturbance which causes Hickey to look towards JFK, who is slumped over. An accurate description of JFK after the first shot.

"and was straightening up to an almost erect sitting position as I turned and looked. At the moment he was almost sitting erect I heard two reports which I thought were shots and that appeared to me completely different in sound than the first report and were in such rapid succession that there seemed to be practically no time element between them."

Erm...JFK "was straightening up to an almost erect sitting position"
What?
" At the moment he was almost sitting erect" - Excuse me??
Nothing even remotely resembling this is shown in the Z-film. Once JFK is slumped over to his left he most certainly does not straighten up until he's " almost sitting erect". Nothing like this happens. What's he talking about?
Then he hears two shots that are so close together there is "practically no time element between them".

It looked to me as if the President was struck in the right upper rear of his head. The first shot of the second two seemed as if it missed because the hair on the right side of his head flew forward and there didn't seem to be any impact against his head.

This is the bit you hang onto. The first of the two shots that are almost simultaneous makes his hair move forward. The slight ruffling of JFK's fringe you insist cannot be this as Hickey is at an impossible angle to see it as JFK's head is turned slightly to the left. But let's not worry about that.

"The last shot seemed to hit his head and cause a noise at the point of impact which made him fall forward and to his left again. - Possibly four or five seconds elapsed from the time of the first report and the last."

Which made him fall forward?
JFK is knocked backwards by the shot, everyone can see this except Hickey.

Hickey fails as a witness. Noticing things that are not there.
That leaves us with Greer  ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:18:20 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #682 on: February 10, 2021, 01:08:00 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #683 on: February 10, 2021, 01:51:37 AM »
The general agreement is that it's z255

I agree that the witness statements are very contradictory so I try to rely on the Z-film and see if the witness statements agree with it.
My notes tell me that...
Z123(say) -- Oswald's 1st shot hits signals & road, a fragment glances off JFK's head.
Z133 -- first frame of sequence.
Z196 -- there is a hint of a reaction from an agent standing on the followup limo.
Z201 -- the start of a definite reaction.
Z203 -- two standing agents are starting to look back to Oswald (i reckon that this (or soon after) is Altgens-6).
Z255 -- the agents in the followup limo aint visible (u advise that Z255 is Altgens-6).
Z240 -- standing agents are not visible after Z240 (i think).

Z123 (say) to Z203 would be   80 frames at 18.3 fps which is say 4.3 sec.
Z123 (say) to Z255 would be 132 frames which is say 7.2 sec.

Z218 -- Oswald's 2nd shot possibly, the magic bullet.
Z313 -- Hickey's headshot. Possible simultaneous 3rd shot by Oswald (but unlikely). Tague injured by fragment.

Z123 to Z218 is 95 frames which is say 5.2 sec.
Z218 to Z313 is 95 frames which is say 5.2 sec.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:29:06 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #684 on: February 10, 2021, 05:15:42 AM »
Not much change in the hand position, I agree.  But I can't say there is none.  There does appear to be a movement of the hat as in z272 the brim covers part of the jacket cuff. 

This proves the shot you propose a z271 does not occur.
No. It just proves that the hand did not move much at z271-272.

Now, as I understand it, you are proposing that the bullet exits JBC's chest, shatters on his wrist and two fragments fly off with enough force to crack the windshield and dent the chrome trim yet this is not enough force to move his hand. The force of the shattering bullet leaves fragments in his wrist but this is still not enough force to move his hand.
The bullet is exiting under the right nipple in a forward direction.  The back of the wrist is against the chest so that the exit point in the jacket pocket and the right jacket cuff are together.  The bullet makes a hole in the jacket and a similar hole at the end of the jacket cuff but a very jagged and long hole in the french cuff above the wrist going across the wrist.  That is consistent with the bullet striking the back of the radius on an oblique angle, which would cause it to deflect up and to the left.

Anyway...onwards and upwards.
Back to your devastating list of things that refute the unequivocal evidence of the Z-film.
The first two points have demonstrated you are confused about how relative positions change with a changing perspective and are equally confused about blurring.
Jerry has dealt with your wobbly sun visor
How so?  The wind argument? How does the wind blow it forward - and the left more than the right (if the right moves at all)?

so now we are in the deep weeds of contradictory eye witness testimony - your lawyerly bread and butter.
All I can do with this is examine the quality of the observations of your creaky witnesses.
Up first - Hickey.
You desperately hang on to this guy because he says he sees JFK's hair fly forward at a time you think you can make work in your doomed model. But let's see how accurate his observations are:

"I heard a loud report which sounded like a firecracker. It appeared to come from the right and rear and seemed to me to be at ground level. I stood up and looked to my right and rear in an attempt to identify it. Nothing caught my attention except people shouting and cheering."

This is the moment we see in Altgens 6

"A disturbance in 679X caused me to look forward toward the President's car. Perhaps 2 or 3 seconds elapsed from the time I looked to the rear and then looked at the President. He was slumped forward and to his left,"

679X is the follow-up car Hickey is in. There is some kind of disturbance which causes Hickey to look towards JFK, who is slumped over. An accurate description of JFK after the first shot.

"and was straightening up to an almost erect sitting position as I turned and looked. At the moment he was almost sitting erect I heard two reports which I thought were shots and that appeared to me completely different in sound than the first report and were in such rapid succession that there seemed to be practically no time element between them."

Erm...JFK "was straightening up to an almost erect sitting position"
What?
" At the moment he was almost sitting erect" - Excuse me??
Nothing even remotely resembling this is shown in the Z-film. Once JFK is slumped over to his left he most certainly does not straighten up until he's " almost sitting erect". Nothing like this happens. What's he talking about?
Then he hears two shots that are so close together there is "  practically no time element between them".

It looked to me as if the President was struck in the right upper rear of his head. The first shot of the second two seemed as if it missed because the hair on the right side of his head flew forward and there didn't seem to be any impact against his head.

This is the bit you hang onto. The first of the two shots that are almost simultaneous makes his hair move forward. The slight ruffling of JFK's fringe you insist cannot be this as Hickey is at an impossible angle to see it as JFK's head is turned slightly to the left. But let's not worry about that.
You don't seem to want to deal with his observation.  You say he couldn't see JFK's hair.  Why? He was standing in the follow-up car and able to see JFK's head.  What do you think was blocking his view of JFK? 
"The last shot seemed to hit his head and cause a noise at the point of impact which made him fall forward and to his left again. - Possibly four or five seconds elapsed from the time of the first report and the last."

Which made him fall forward?
JFK is knocked backwards by the shot, everyone can see this except Hickey.

Hickey fails as a witness. Noticing things that are not there.
That leaves us with Greer  ;)
Ok.  At least you agree that Hickey's evidence indicates a shot before the head shot.  You just think he was mistaken about hearing two shots.  And, I gather, you think he didn't hear the shot after the headshot at all.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:19:09 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #684 on: February 10, 2021, 05:15:42 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #685 on: February 10, 2021, 06:46:54 AM »
My notes tell me that...
Z123(say) -- Oswald's 1st shot hits signals & road, a fragment glances off JFK's head.
Z133 -- first frame of sequence.
Z196 -- there is a hint of a reaction from an agent standing on the followup limo.
Z201 -- the start of a definite reaction.
Z203 -- two standing agents are starting to look back to Oswald (i reckon that this (or soon after) is Altgens-6).
Z255 -- the agents in the followup limo aint visible (u advise that Z255 is Altgens-6).
Z240 -- standing agents are not visible after Z240 (i think).

Z123 (say) to Z203 would be   80 frames at 18.3 fps which is say 4.3 sec.
Z123 (say) to Z255 would be 132 frames which is say 7.2 sec.

Z218 -- Oswald's 2nd shot possibly, the magic bullet.
Z313 -- Hickey's headshot. Possible simultaneous 3rd shot by Oswald (but unlikely). Tague injured by fragment.

Z123 to Z218 is 95 frames which is say 5.2 sec.
Z218 to Z313 is 95 frames which is say 5.2 sec.

Hi Marjan,

You say at z203 " two standing agents are starting to look back to Oswald"

Below is a close up of z207, four frames after z203. It's the last frame we see most of the agents in. I'm sure you'll agree that not one is looking back towards the TSBD, so I don't understand where you are getting the idea from that they are looking back:

From your notes can you reveal where you are getting the idea from there is a shot before z133.

Oh yeah...I asked you before to explain why none of the agents has reacted to a loud, explosive noise for over four seconds. What are your ideas on that?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:21:18 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2021, 08:15:48 AM »
Not much change in the hand position, I agree.  But I can't say there is none.  There does appear to be a movement of the hat as in z272 the brim covers part of the jacket cuff. 
No. It just proves that the hand did not move much at z271-272.
The bullet is exiting under the right nipple in a forward direction.  The back of the wrist is against the chest so that the exit point in the jacket pocket and the right jacket cuff are together.  The bullet makes a hole in the jacket and a similar hole at the end of the jacket cuff but a very jagged and long hole in the french cuff above the wrist going across the wrist.  That is consistent with the bullet striking the back of the radius on an oblique angle, which would cause it to deflect up and to the left.
How so?  The wind argument? How does the wind blow it forward - and the left more than the right (if the right moves at all)?
You don't seem to want to deal with his observation.  You say he couldn't see JFK's hair.  Why? He was standing in the follow-up car and able to see JFK's head.  What do you think was blocking his view of JFK?  Ok.  At least you agree that Hickey's evidence indicates a shot before the head shot.  You just think he was mistaken about hearing two shots.  And, I gather, you think he didn't hear the shot after the headshot at all.

This is the moment you insist a bullet explodes out of JBC's chest.
The moment you insist the bullet shatters on impact with his wrist bone leaving metallic particles in his wrist.
The moment some of these fragments of bullet are deflected off (at what must be close to 90 degrees) and crack the windscreen and dent the chrome trim...
...yet JBC's hand does not move one inch after such a tremendous impact.
It is not only an insult to my intelligence but the intelligence of everyone who views this thread to have to read such garbage.

At least you have the balls to take this vital issue on.
Establishing exactly how the shots occurred during the assassination is of vital importance.
But the model you are proposing - first shot at z195 second shot at z271, third shot at z313 - is over.
It's a pity you don't have the balls to face up to that.

And now you've descended to flat out lying:

"You say he couldn't see JFK's hair. "

This is just a lie. It's not a misunderstanding or misinterpretation. It's just a lie.
Nowhere in my post did I say Hickey couldn't see JFK's hair. He could obviously see the back of JFK's head.
After having to explain to you how relative positions change as perspective changes, after having to explain to you how blurring affects what is observed, I now have to explain the difference between the back and the front of somebody's head? Really?
Hickey couldn't see the front of JFK's head. Do you really not understand that?

"At least you agree that Hickey's evidence indicates a shot before the head shot."

This is just a lie.
You read my post.
It was about how unreliable Hickey's observations are.
He stated JFK sat upright after being slumped to the left. This did not happen. Hickey is wrong about this.
He stated JFK fell forward after being hit in the head. This did not happen. Hickey is wrong about this.
He is an unreliable witness because he is reporting crucial things that did not happen.
And he's your star witness.

It's not too late to have a rethink, it just takes a bit of courage.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2021, 08:15:48 AM »

Online Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #687 on: February 10, 2021, 09:29:31 AM »
Hi Marjan,

You say at z203 " two standing agents are starting to look back to Oswald"

Below is a close up of z207, four frames after z203. It's the last frame we see most of the agents in. I'm sure you'll agree that not one is looking back towards the TSBD, so I don't understand where you are getting the idea from that they are looking back:

From your notes can you reveal where you are getting the idea from there is a shot before z133.

Oh yeah...I asked you before to explain why none of the agents has reacted to a loud, explosive noise for over four seconds. What are your ideas on that?
The Agent's reactions start at S201 & they are definitely starting to look back by Z207 which is where Zapruder pans away & we dont see them again.  Hence the reaction time is Z123(say) to Z203 say, say 80 frames which is 4.4 sec. Altgens-6 is some time after Z207 (perhaps Z230). 
In the meantime JFK reacts at Z140, Jackie at Z142, Hickey at Z144, Connally at Z149.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/scearce.htm
https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2007/03/11-seconds-in-d.html
The Agents might have been mainly concentrating on what was happening or not happening in JFK's limo. What was that? Was it a gun shot? Where from (a shot from overhead would be confusing)(especially with echoes)?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:39:11 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »