Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 117707 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: The First Shot
« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2021, 02:56:08 AM »
Advertisement
Elsewhere in this thread I've demonstrated that JFK's first genuine reaction to being hit occurs at z225
To imagine that it would take over one and a half seconds to react to such a trauma is beyond unrealistic.
It is an insurmountable problem for a hit at z195
You can tell he is not reacting at z223 or z222 or z221? Or z207? By z207 he has turned from facing right and waving with his right hand to facing forward and with his right hand down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2021, 02:56:08 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #521 on: January 04, 2021, 03:08:54 AM »
You can tell he is not reacting at z223 or z222 or z221? Or z207?

Yes. JFK's reaction to being shot is the rapid movement of his hands towards his throat. This reaction begins at z225

By z207 he has turned from facing right and waving with his right hand to facing forward and with his right hand down.

So?

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2021, 04:36:34 AM »
Yes. JFK's reaction to being shot is the rapid movement of his hands towards his throat. This reaction begins at z225

So?
Why could the changes between  z193 and z207 not be the beginning of a reaction?  Did he react to pain? Or did he react to loss of function ie breathing? How do you know that his facial  expression in z225 is the beginning of a reaction? You can't see his facial expression in the 25 frames before then.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2021, 04:36:34 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #523 on: January 04, 2021, 06:24:06 AM »
Like I said, it’s nothing but a Rorschach test.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #524 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:54 PM »
Why could the changes between  z193 and z207 not be the beginning of a reaction?  Did he react to pain? Or did he react to loss of function ie breathing?

JFK is shot through the throat
He reacts to being shot through the throat by grabbing for his throat
There is nothing between z193 and z207 that even suggests he's been hit
No radical reaction to a traumatic stimulus
Nothing that couldn't be interpreted as perfectly ordinary
JFK turns, smiles and waves.
He begins to finish his wave and turns more forward.
Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
From z225 onwards his moves can certainly be considered anything other than perfectly ordinary.
There is nothing between z193 and z207 that suggests JFK has been shot.
The only reason to argue there is such reactions is to support a a preconceived scenario

How do you know that his facial  expression in z225 is the beginning of a reaction? You can't see his facial expression in the 25 frames before then.

Something you do quite often is introduce Strawmen that you can then argue against
Here you seem to be arguing against my point that JFK's facial expressions are crucial to understanding when he was shot and are a fundamental part of my argument.
But I've not mentioned JFK's facial reactions once.
Please point to where I've argued using JFK's facial expressions.
Why are you insinuating that I've used JFK's facial expressions to argue when he was shot when I've not?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #524 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:54 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #525 on: January 04, 2021, 03:32:11 PM »

Although presumed wounded at about Z223, neither Kennedy nor Connally appear to exhibit facial reactions until over the span Z226-Z228. There are involuntary reactions at Z225-226: Kennedy right hand cups and directs towards his chin area, and Connally right arm springs up.

It would take a few frames for the two men to exhibit a facial reaction to being shot (obviously this doesn't apply to being shot in the face). Other than the head shot, this is the only "perfect storm" of a shot reaction in the entire film.
  • No facial reaction until pain sensed.
  • Near-immediate involuntary physical reactions
  • Simultaneous nature of reactions indicate both men seriously wounded at same moment

Frame Z226 has some motion blur and Z227 is substantially blurred (possibly when Zapruder reacted to hearing the shot).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:13:13 AM by Jerry Organ »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #526 on: January 04, 2021, 06:12:45 PM »
JFK is shot through the throat
He reacts to being shot through the throat by grabbing for his throat
There is nothing between z193 and z207 that even suggests he's been hit
No radical reaction to a traumatic stimulus
Nothing that couldn't be interpreted as perfectly ordinary
JFK turns, smiles and waves.
He begins to finish his wave and turns more forward.
Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
From z225 onwards his moves can certainly be considered anything other than perfectly ordinary.
There is nothing between z193 and z207 that suggests JFK has been shot.
The only reason to argue there is such reactions is to support a a preconceived scenario
You are assuming there would be an immediate radical reaction.  I personally have never had a bullet pass through my neck so I don't know what kind of immediate reaction one would have. I don't even know what it would feel like.  I don't know whether I would experience pain. I don't know if I would have an immediate sensation or a gradual sensation that became overwhelming when I tried to take my next breath.

The problem with your analysis is that we cannot see JFK for 25 frames before you say his first reaction occurs.  Yet you state with confidence that no reaction occurred earlier.  This is despite the fact that JFK already at z224 has his hands in a markedly different position than he had less than 1.5 seconds earlier and his face already appears contorted when we first see it in z225.

Something you do quite often is introduce Strawmen that you can then argue against
Here you seem to be arguing against my point that JFK's facial expressions are crucial to understanding when he was shot and are a fundamental part of my argument.
But I've not mentioned JFK's facial reactions once.
Please point to where I've argued using JFK's facial expressions.
Why are you insinuating that I've used JFK's facial expressions to argue when he was shot when I've not?
You point to z225 as the beginning of his reaction and the only difference between z224 and z225 is that we can see his face in the latter frame. If that is not what you are referring to, I apologize for drawing such a reasonable inference.  It seems to me that if you don't want to suggest that it is not his facial expression that shows the reaction, you have to make that clear.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #526 on: January 04, 2021, 06:12:45 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #527 on: January 04, 2021, 06:24:30 PM »

Although presumed wounded at about Z223, neither Kennedy nor Connally appear to exhibit facial reactions until over the span Z226-Z228. There are involuntary reactions at Z225-226: Kennedy right hand cups and directs towards his chin area, and Connally right arm springs up.
You are assuming that JFK has his hands in front of him for reasons completely unrelated to having just been shot. Your face pasting is not very persuasive. No one except you has suggested that he is smiling in z225.

It would take a few frames for the two men to exhibit a facial reaction to being shot (obviously this doesn't apply to being shot in the face). Other than the head shot, this is the only "perfect storm" of a shot reaction in the entire film.
  • No facial reaction until pain sensed.
  • Near-immediate involuntary physical reactions
  • Simultaneous nature of reactions indicate both men seriously wounded at same moment

I can't tell if the reactions are simultaneous because JFK could have begun reacting earlier than z224.  JBC does not appear to react until z228.  But, according to the evidence, particularly JBC and Nellie, JBC and JFK reacted to the first shot in this manner, and for different reasons. JFK reacted because he was hit. JBC reacted to the sound of the first shot, which he immediately recognized as a rifle shot.  Several witnesses said he turned around toward JFK as if to speak to him after the first shot.  Where do you see him turn around prior to z228?