Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Infamy = Glory??  (Read 6520 times)

Offline Michael Walton

Re: Infamy = Glory??
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 04:18:42 PM »
Advertisement
You're missing my point, Charles. The topic here is Glory and Infamy.

And care to comment on why a supposed Marxist would be wearing his military ring? Don't just pick something that you have an easy answer for. I'd love to hear your thoughts on why he had that ring on, not only when he was arrested but also in the backyard photos.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 04:18:42 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 04:24:03 PM »
I think it would matter, Steve. And care to comment on the ring wearing? Because that ring goes against everything Oswald supposedly believed in.

There's nothing emotional about it, Steve. I advise you to read Accessories After the Fact. It's clear, concise and not a bit "emotional" and it was written by a woman to boot and it can be found free on the Internet. There have been miscarriages of justice all throughout history, Steve. It happens all of the time and Oswald simply did not have his day in court. It's as simple as that, Steve.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »
You're missing my point, Charles. The topic here is Glory and Infamy.

And care to comment on why a supposed Marxist would be wearing his military ring? Don't just pick something that you have an easy answer for. I'd love to hear your thoughts on why he had that ring on, not only when he was arrested but also in the backyard photos.

It just might be... just maybe... perhaps it was because he actually was an ex-Marine. Joining the Marines was his ticket out of his mother’s house. Joining the Marines also was his ambition. He developed this ambition at least partially due to his older brothers’ military background. They were “training” him as early as age six with a piece of wood for a rifle.

Was LHO a gung-ho patriotic military man like a large percentage of the all-volunteer military members are today? Not no, but hell no. His Marxist beliefs were at odds with that idea. And his behavior while in the Marines and early exit from the Marines also indicate that he was not someone ready, willing, and able to sacrifice his life for his country.

However, LHO most definitely was someone with an over-inflated ego. And perhaps wearing the Marine Corps ring made him feel like people who noticed it would think he was more important or more noble, or something along those lines. Even if he was just secretly pretending to be something that he wasn’t.  Just a guess....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:53:56 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 04:27:52 AM »
You're more desperate than you used to be
And Weidmann seems evermore 'thirsty'

I’m not the one jumping through hoops to try to excuse yet another error. Perhaps less time trying to be clever and more time verifying before you hit “post”.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 04:30:55 AM »
Anyway, I thought this was an amazing example of what MDC has said his motive was. And I can only imagine how James Taylor must have felt when he realized that MDC just might have murdered him for the same motive. Wow!

I’m confused. Nowhere in your James Taylor quote does he specify what Chapman said to him.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 04:41:21 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 04:30:55 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2020, 04:34:09 AM »
Shoot his way out of the Depository? The Sheriff’s office was cater-corner across the street, hence numerous police officers were in the immediate vicinity of the TSBD practically all the time. And LHO had to know this. He would have had more bullets in him than Bonnie and Clyde put together if he had tried to shoot his way out. His best chance to escape the TSBD was to blend-in and that is exactly what he did.

And yet I’ve heard LNers also argue that the shooter chambered his fourth bullet in case he needed to shoot his way out.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 04:39:57 AM »
Can you imagine - let's try for a second but just one - a defense lawyer stating in court that his client couldn't have shot the victim Smith because no box for the ammunition he used was found? Or that the police couldn't find where he purchased that ammunition?

A defense lawyer doesn’t have to demonstrate that his client couldn’t have shot the victim.

No box for the revolver bullets found on Oswald was discovered either. Nor did they find out where he purchased them. Does that mean the shells never existed?

No, but it does make you wonder why they weren’t “found on Oswald” until hours after his arrest and detainment.

Some people have an almost emotional need to exonerate Oswald.

Sadly, far too many don’t feel any need (emotional or otherwise) to actually demonstrate with facts and reliable evidence that Oswald did it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 04:39:57 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2020, 05:06:39 AM »
Shoot his way out of the Depository? The Sheriff’s office was cater-corner across the street, hence numerous police officers were in the immediate vicinity of the TSBD practically all the time. 
So why would a shooter who was in a supremely elevated position not take them out too?---Be a real killer man. As fancy of a shot they say he was ...it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Answer--the whole thing was a big concocted story.