Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?  (Read 13321 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »
Advertisement
It would be interesting to know if customers who ordered Carcano rifles from Klein's while using "Guns" Magazine mail-order coupons from February through July of '63 received a 36-inch gun or, like Lee Oswald, a 40-inch gun. That is something, though, we will likely never be able to ascertain.

You haven't even ascertained that Oswald received anything.

Also, Mitchell Westra told the HSCA that Klein's did not mount scopes on the 40-inch rifles.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 02:36:23 AM »
You haven't even ascertained that Oswald received anything.

That's the rabid conspiracy theorist in you talking. It's certainly not the "reasonable person named John Iacoletti who has looked at all the evidence" speaking.

Oswald sent Klein's $21.45. And Klein's sent Oswald (Hidell) the C2766 rifle just a few days later. The paperwork, confirmed by Bill Waldman, proves those two facts. So, what are the odds that Oswald really received nothing at all from Klein's?

Also, Mitchell Westra told the HSCA that Klein's did not mount scopes on the 40-inch rifles.

To say that Klein's never mounted scopes on its 40-inch rifles is practically the same as totally ignoring all of the many ads that Klein's Sporting Goods was placing in magazines in mid to late 1963. Was Klein's lying to its mail-order customers when it said that a customer could purchase a 40-inch carbine with scope ("as illustrated") -- i.e., the scope is attached to the gun itself?

And I always get a kick out of the conspiracy mongers who like to prop up Mitchell Westra's statement about Klein's never putting scopes on the 40-inch rifles. The CTers will always, invariably, leave out the part of Westra's statement where he says this: "Undoubtably Klein's mounted some..."

Also....

With respect to the conspiracy theorists' persistent claim that Klein's Sporting Goods never mounted scopes on their 40-inch Italian Carcano rifles, THIS NOVEMBER 2013 ARTICLE goes a long way toward debunking such a notion, because in that article, the gunsmith who worked in the Klein's warehouse in 1963, William H. Sharp, said that he told his boss right after the assassination in 1963: “It’s my rifle, I put the scope on it”.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/03/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1238.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-591.html
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 02:44:18 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »
That's the rabid conspiracy theorist in you talking. It's certainly not the "reasonable person named John Iacoletti who has looked at all the evidence" speaking.

Oswald sent Klein's $21.45. And Klein's sent Oswald (Hidell) the C2766 rifle just a few days later. The paperwork, confirmed by Bill Waldman, proves those two facts. So, what are the odds that Oswald really received nothing at all from Klein's?

To say that Klein's never mounted scopes on its 40-inch rifles is practically the same as totally ignoring all of the many ads that Klein's Sporting Goods was placing in magazines in mid to late 1963. Was Klein's lying to its mail-order customers when it said that a customer could purchase a 40-inch carbine with scope ("as illustrated") -- i.e., the scope is attached to the gun itself?

And I always get a kick out of the conspiracy mongers who like to prop up Mitchell Westra's statement about Klein's never putting scopes on the 40-inch rifles. The CTers will always, invariably, leave out the part of Westra's statement where he says this: "Undoubtably Klein's mounted some..."

Also....

With respect to the conspiracy theorists' persistent claim that Klein's Sporting Goods never mounted scopes on their 40-inch Italian Carcano rifles, THIS NOVEMBER 2013 ARTICLE goes a long way toward debunking such a notion, because in that article, the gunsmith who worked in the Klein's warehouse in 1963, William H. Sharp, said that he told his boss right after the assassination in 1963: “It’s my rifle, I put the scope on it”.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/03/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1238.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-591.html
Always with the ad hominem, Mr Von Pein.
" rabid conspiracy  theorists"
" conspiracy mongers"

Very mature.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 06:11:05 AM »
Always with the ad hominem, Mr Von Pein.
" rabid conspiracy  theorists"
" conspiracy mongers"

Very mature.
Don't forget Drooling Dog Faced Pony Soldiers  :D

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »

Also....

QED

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 06:07:44 PM »
The WC certainly did not think that was interesting in any way.

Otherwise they would simply have done it.

Wouldn't they?
The WC was designed to provide an explanation of the assassination.
In pursuing this "explanation", many issues were avoided, information was excluded, obfuscation was part of the process, etc.

My condolences if you haven't figured that out.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
You probably shouldn't hand out condolences.

Why?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 08:30:05 PM »
The WC was designed to provide an explanation of the assassination.
In pursuing this "explanation", many issues were avoided, information was excluded, obfuscation was part of the process, etc.

My condolences if you haven't figured that out.

Feel free to nominate a pinch-hitter for Oswald. And those who knew, in advance, that an attempt on Kennedy would be made that day.