Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?  (Read 12810 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Is Jim DiEugenio correct about Oswalds rifle?
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:18 PM »
Advertisement
The LN strawman conspirators plan everything in intricate detail in advance and never make a mistake.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:18 PM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 12:42:32 AM »
...you have still never explained how Oswald ordered one size long gun, but received a different sized long gun.

I've explained the "36-inch vs. 40-inch" discrepancy on many occasions in the past (such as in the articles linked below). It's a very easy problem to solve too (except if you're a conspiracy theorist, of course)....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/search?q=36-inch+vs.+40-inch

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/12/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1081.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:45:22 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 12:53:17 AM »
And by "explain", he means that he's guessing that they "simply ran out of 36-inch guns" and decided to substitute 40-inch guns.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 12:53:17 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 02:11:15 AM »
And by "explain", he means that he's guessing that they "simply ran out of 36-inch guns" and decided to substitute 40-inch guns.

It couldn't be more obvious that Klein's was definitely running out of the 36-inch rifles in the early months of 1963, because they completely stopped selling (and stopped advertising) the 36-inch variant after February of '63. Every Klein's ad after February shows the "40-inch Carbine".

It's not hard at all to figure out what happened with Oswald's order in March (except if you're a conspiracy theorist, of course).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:12:37 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2020, 08:11:16 PM »
Klein's was still advertising the 36" rifle in the July 1963 issue of Guns Magazine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:13:26 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2020, 08:11:16 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 08:16:17 PM »
Klein's was still advertising the 36" rifle in the July 1963 issue of Guns Magazine.
Thank you, Mr I.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »

Yes. You're correct. I just confirmed for myself that "Guns" Magazine was, indeed, still advertising the 36-inch Italian Carbine as late as July of 1963:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ExPXlaXgXv2_0n_nXwVZMnQrUFMgpvH/view

In the August '63 issue of "Guns", they started advertising the 40-inch version of the rifle:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8gnIUrcK2F1J7bjwAOPMmUmSST5zg8r/view

It would be interesting to know if customers who ordered Carcano rifles from Klein's while using "Guns" Magazine mail-order coupons from February through July of '63 received a 36-inch gun or, like Lee Oswald, a 40-inch gun. That is something, though, we will likely never be able to ascertain.

If only David Belin had asked Klein's Vice President William Waldman this question when Waldman was testifying in front of the Warren Commission on May 20, 1964 (which was not asked):

Mr. Waldman, can you explain to us why it is that Lee Harvey Oswald (aka A. Hidell) ordered a 36-inch gun from your company (according to the mail-in coupon that he sent to Klein's in March of 1963), but the rifle you ultimately shipped to him one week later was a 40.2-inch gun? Can you tell us why that discrepancy exists in this case?

I would have enjoyed hearing Mr. Waldman's answer to the above question. I'm confident it would have been a very reasonable and acceptable answer too. (Conspiracy theorists undoubtedly would disagree.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:41:31 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2020, 01:45:12 PM »
Yes. You're correct. I just confirmed for myself that "Guns" Magazine was, indeed, still advertising the 36-inch Italian Carbine as late as July of 1963:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ExPXlaXgXv2_0n_nXwVZMnQrUFMgpvH/view

In the August '63 issue of "Guns", they started advertising the 40-inch version of the rifle:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8gnIUrcK2F1J7bjwAOPMmUmSST5zg8r/view

It would be interesting to know if customers who ordered Carcano rifles from Klein's while using "Guns" Magazine mail-order coupons from February through July of '63 received a 36-inch gun or, like Lee Oswald, a 40-inch gun. That is something, though, we will likely never be able to ascertain.

If only David Belin had asked Klein's Vice President William Waldman this question when Waldman was testifying in front of the Warren Commission on May 20, 1964 (which was not asked):

Mr. Waldman, can you explain to us why it is that Lee Harvey Oswald (aka A. Hidell) ordered a 36-inch gun from your company (according to the mail-in coupon that he sent to Klein's in March of 1963), but the rifle you ultimately shipped to him one week later was a 40.2-inch gun? Can you tell us why that discrepancy exists in this case?

I would have enjoyed hearing Mr. Waldman's answer to the above question. I'm confident it would have been a very reasonable and acceptable answer too. (Conspiracy theorists undoubtedly would disagree.)

How long were those curtain rods supposed to be again, Dave?  LOL