Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Generation JFK Researchers - Whats the difference?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Advertisement
My understanding of the classification is as follows:

1st Generation: These are researchers who began researching the assassination right at the beginning or very close to it. This would include David Lifton, Harold Weissberg, Robert Groden, Mark Lane, Jim Marrs.

2nd Generation: These are researchers that arrived on the scene after the new wave of publicity that surrounded the JFK assassination with the new 1978 HSCA investigation. This would include the likes of Vince Palamara.

3rd Generation: These are researchers that arrived on the scene after the new wave of publicity that surrounded the JFK assassination with the release of the 1991 JFK movie and subsequent release of new files via the ARRB. This would include people like David Mantik and Jim DiEugenio (though maybe DiEugenio is 2nd generation i'm not sure).

Is this a correct interpretation of the classification of 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation JFK researchers?

Has the 4th generation started yet?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Denis Pointing

Re: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Generation JFK Researchers - Whats the difference?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 02:57:08 AM »

1st Generation: These are researchers who began researching the assassination right at the beginning or very close to it. This would include David Lifton, Harold Weissberg, Robert Groden, Mark Lane, Jim Marrs.

2nd Generation: These are researchers that arrived on the scene after the new wave of publicity that surrounded the JFK assassination with the new 1978 HSCA investigation. This would include the likes of Vince Palamara.

3rd Generation: These are researchers that arrived on the scene after the new wave of publicity that surrounded the JFK assassination with the release of the 1991 JFK movie and subsequent release of new files via the ARRB. This would include people like David Mantik and Jim DiEugenio (though maybe DiEugenio is 2nd generation i'm not sure).

Is this a correct interpretation of the classification of 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation JFK researchers?

Are you sure there will there be a 4th generation? I think public interest is very much on the wane. When public interest dries up book sales dry up with it. Let's face it, that's the real reason the JFK assanation has lasted three generations.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 03:08:52 AM »
When public interest dries up book sales dry up with it. Let's face it, that's the real reason the JFK assanation has lasted three generations.

I doubt people make any money with books. Unless maybe Bill O'Reillys "Killing Kennedy" which sold a million copies. He probably made a million dollars or so which is odd because he's not one of the main researchers, that appears at conferences and such, in the case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 03:08:52 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 05:41:37 AM »
Watch 'Devs'

Here's a taste

Jesus on cross, Lincoln Gettysburg address, Joan of Arc burnt at stake

Quantum computing re Devs story
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:12:44 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 07:31:03 AM »
Watch 'Devs'

Here's a taste

Jesus on cross, Lincoln Gettysburg address, Joan of Arc burnt at stake

Quantum computing re Devs story

Until I saw these videos, I never really understood just how f***ed up you must be.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 07:31:03 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 01:08:54 PM »

4th Generation: These are researchers whose access to the internet and digital technology has equipped them with powerful tools unavailable to previous generations. This generation has revealed the LN theory to be nothing more than an analogue hoax that cannot withstand the scrutiny of the digital age.

Thumb1:

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »
4th Generation: These are researchers whose access to the internet and digital technology has equipped them with powerful tools unavailable to previous generations. This generation has revealed the LN theory to be nothing more than an analogue hoax that cannot withstand the scrutiny of the digital age.

Thumb1:

That would be us so? Using sites like Mary Ferrell etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 01:39:07 AM »
I think a big difference between the first and third generations of researchers is that the first generation was dominated by ultra-liberals, some of whom seemed to be pro-communist. The third generation of researchers includes a sizable number of researchers who are not ultra-liberal or even liberal. Some are centrists. Some are libertarians. And a few are traditional conservatives.