Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Understanding the New ARRB Info and the Documents Released in 2017  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

Re: Understanding the New ARRB Info and the Documents Released in 2017
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
Advertisement
Basically, yes.

The autopsy skull x-rays and the Harper fragment are two keys to orienting the photo correctly. And, as Dr. Mantik has explained, the presence of the fatty tissue in the upper-left corner is also a key indicator.

Dr. Mantik viewed F8 in stereo and noted that the upper left corner of F8 shows fat tissue and even a nipple extending outward from the skin of the chest. As Dr. Mantik explains, this fatty tissue would only be visible if F8 showed a posterior view of the head:

On a side note, Humes told the ARRB that F8 showed the EOP entry wound, and Dr. Mantik has confirmed that F8 does show an EOP entry wound almost exactly where Humes placed it (John F. Kennedy’s Head Wounds, pp. 25-29, 62-65).

I would recommend reading Dr. Mantik's section on autopsy photo F8 in his online paper "The Medical Evidence Decoded," pp. 80-83.
https://themantikview.com/pdf/The_Medical_Evidence_Decoded.pdf

Dr. Mantik's best and most up-to-date analysis of F8 is in his JFK's Head Wounds: A Final Synthesis. On page 28 he has a picture of F8 with overlaid orienting graphics to help the read understand what F8 shows.

Michael,

Can you perhaps post Mantik's overlay of the F8 autopsy photo with overlaid graphics? There is one in The Medical Evidence Decoded but it is tremendously unclear.

Dr. Mantik's study is impressive, but two of his conclusions bother me.

Conclusion #5:

Something struck the back (probably from the first shot fired), but did not penetrate. Besides a bullet, other possible projectiles include shrapnel, or even a piece of the
street or sidewalk.

The FBI found traces of copper on the holes in the President's jacket and shirt in the back. Shrapnel and pieces of street/sidewalk will not leave these traces.

Conclusion #6:

A projectile entered the throat, but did not exit. The nature of this projectile is still debated, with some (e.g., Lifton) arguing that it was a bullet that was (illegally) extracted before the autopsy, while I have here proposed a second possible projectile, namely, a glass fragment from the windshield. The available evidence does not permit a final choice. That the tracheotomy wound was enlarged, during a surreptitious search for such a projectile, is likely.

He overlooks the fact that the Parkland physicians determined that the hole in the anterior neck was round, 3-5 mm in size, and had all the characteristics of a bullet entrance wound. Therefore, it could not have been a piece of glass.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
Dr. Mantik's study is impressive, but two of his conclusions bother me.

Conclusion #5:

Something struck the back (probably from the first shot fired), but did not penetrate. Besides a bullet, other possible projectiles include shrapnel, or even a piece of the street or sidewalk.

The FBI found traces of copper on the holes in the President's jacket and shirt in the back. Shrapnel and pieces of street/sidewalk will not leave these traces.

I'm pretty certain that Dr. Mantik was talking about the back of the head, not Kennedy's back. I'd have to go back and check his article to be certain, but the wording you quote seems to me to be talking about the back of the head. I know that Dr. Mantik accepts the fact that a bullet hit JFK in the back at about T1-T3.

Conclusion #6:

A projectile entered the throat, but did not exit. The nature of this projectile is still debated, with some (e.g., Lifton) arguing that it was a bullet that was (illegally) extracted before the autopsy, while I have here proposed a second possible projectile, namely, a glass fragment from the windshield. The available evidence does not permit a final choice. That the tracheotomy wound was enlarged, during a surreptitious search for such a projectile, is likely.

He overlooks the fact that the Parkland physicians determined that the hole in the anterior neck was round, 3-5 mm in size, and had all the characteristics of a bullet entrance wound. Therefore, it could not have been a piece of glass.

A glass fragment could have been essentially round in shape and thus could have created a round-looking wound.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »
Might want to read Sibert and O'Neill.
" It was in the hairline".
Specter did not call them to testify.
Their 302 was suppressed for 15 years.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »